The beach is nice but way overcrowded. You will literally be bumping into other people the entire time. You must line up at 3pm to hope to reserve a spot with shade the next day, so allocate about 7 hours of prime daytime to waiting in line over a week long vacation. When they designed this resort they must have factored in only 20% of the guests actually spending time on the beach, the overcrowding is that bad.
In our opinion the food was lousy and the drinks overpriced, we thankfully didn't have an all-inclusive plan. There are plenty of good dining and fast food options along the street behind the highrise resorts.
We stayed over new years 2011-12 and of course there was partying outside on new years eve until about 3am. While this is to be expected, the sound proofing to the exterior is very poor, we couldn't sleep at all. We did not however hear noise from adjacent rooms while we were there so that is one good thing.
The rooms themselves were outdated and have a funky smell. I realize this is likely due to humidity but other resorts have solved this problem with dehumidifiers in each room. The bathrooms had been updated and were fine.
Front desk staff were slow and not happy to see guests. The first and last experience that guests have at a resort should be pleasant.
The final nail in the coffin was the extra taxes and fees we had to pay when checking in. The price we were quoted from our travel agent supposedly included all fees and taxes. Neither the Holiday Inn Aruba nor the travel agent was willing to budge so we essentially ended up paying the tax twice. The reservation was non-refundable so we would have forfeited the entire cost of our stay had we not paid the extra fees and taxes to the resort at check-in.
I have no choice but to give this resort a rating of terrible based on the cost versus quality when compared to other resorts in Aruba. We will continue to return to Aruba but will sleep in a tent if this is the only place with vacancy.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Aruba
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.