We really enjoyed our family vacation to Aruba and our stay at the Holiday Inn Beach Resort. The grounds and lobby are very nice and well kept. The pool area was perfectly fine and the beach area was great. We had no problems with the rooms themselves: decor, bedding, cleanliness, etc. Our view did leave something to be desired. Our balconies overlooked the employee parking lot and facility/logistics area. We were told this was our only option if we wanted rooms in the same tower.
We went parasailing and tubing at the watersports vendor conveniently located right next to the Holiday Inn. The sea swimming was great at the resort. We had no trouble reserving our palapas for the next day. I recommend doing this right at 4:00 when they start taking reservations for the next day (at the towel hut). The palapas close to the water go quickly.
The Iguana Bar food was just so-so but the drinks were convenient and decent. We didn't eat at any of the other restaurants at the resort. One morning we got pastries and coffee from the lobby bar and ate at the nice outdoor seating area overlooking a nicely landscaped area and the beach. One of my favorite moments, wish we would have discovered it earlier.
Two kind of weird things: We had to wear yellow waterpark-style wrist bands the whole time (even though we weren't all-inclusive). And even though we prepaid for the trip through Priceline including resort fees and taxes, we were charged $140 per room for energy fee...because, "Priceline didn't charge you enough." ???? I called Priceline. They are looking into it.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Aruba
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Palm/Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.