“reminds me of the fatherland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaria German Restaurant

Bavaria German Restaurant
Palm Beach 186 #3, Next to Wendy's | Next to Wendy's, Palm - Eagle Beach 20000, Aruba
+297 736 4007
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: If you are looking for fresh cooked food at moderate prices or just want to enjoy a drink - BAVARIA Restaurant is the place for you ! Choose out of 50 Craft beers and taste traditional German food in relaxing atmosphere at the beer garden or inside the air conditioned restaurant. Good food and friendly service is guaranteed !
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“reminds me of the fatherland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

i love eating here and will come back. the food is prepared and tastes great. i love the feeling and experience here. the food and surroundings remind me of being in munich. the food is very authentic and the german beer is the best in the world. i highly recommend bavaria to everyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Burlington, Massachusetts
“Great beer selection...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I just love this place. Great food at reasonable prices, large portions and a nice selection of beer. Easy to walk to from the Palm beach hotels. Now if they were open for lunch......I would be there every day of my vacation.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Friendly atmosphere good German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The waitress and owner welcomed us and explained any questions we had about the menu. We were two couples and all ordered some form of schnitzel, pork, beef or veal. The spatzel was delicious and the red cabbage second to none. The deserts looked amazing but we were too stuffed to attempt to order them. The cuckoo clocks on the wall added another touch of Germany to a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Queens, NY
“A Must Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A Must Try

If I were just walking/driving around looking for a place to dine in Aruba, I would have gone right past Bavaria without a second thought because my limited experience with German food was not favorable enough to make me seek out a German restaurant on an Aruban vacation. However, after reading all the positive reviews on TA while I was making my list of restaurants to sample, I added Bavaria to it hesitantly partially because we are not beer drinkers.

Since we were staying in the high-rise Palm Beach area, I found out that this place is within walking distance of our hotel (Radisson). Its location is a little away from the main road where all the other restaurants are, but the directions we were given made it easy to locate (near Wendys). When we arrived for dinner, there was no one sitting outside, but we had decided ahead of time that we wanted to sit indoors due to the heat. The décor on one wall was full of German clocks. The tables and chairs made it obvious that this was meant to resemble a traditional beer garden. There was only one other table occupied during peak dinner hours, but shortly afterwards, some other families arrived so it wasn’t too lonely.

As expected, there is an extensive beer and wine list, but we did not feel out of place for not indulging. Instead, we felt very welcome—the server was very friendly and answered all our questions. The owner was very personable and came to speak with us several times. We ordered the potato pancakes as an appetizer and they were seasoned perfectly with just the right amount of crispiness—the best we’ve ever had! Both pork dishes we ordered, Jagerschnitzel and Krustchen were delicious as were the sides that came with them. Portion sizes were sizeable so we didn’t even have room for dessert. This place has changed our impression of German food.

We were hoping that we could have made a second trip to this restaurant before leaving to try other menu items, but our schedule didn’t permit it, so now I’m recommending it to anyone who will be in Aruba. Definitely seek this place out—it is so worth the visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port St John
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was told by others in Aruba that it was like a canteen and too many lights, but we didn't feel that way when I saw it had a pretty good rating on tripadvisor so if you like German go!

Visited September 2013