“Great on the Strip Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Henri Charrière, one of the world’s most famous prisoners, would surely have had the time of his life at Papillon Restaurant in The Village, across from the Radisson Resort. Nicknamed Papillon because of the butterfly tattoo on his chest, he was the first convict to escape from Devil’s Island. Charrière’s thrilling, gripping autobiography has been the concept behind Papillon Restaurant.Papillon Restaurant’s menu reflects the Frenchman’s arduous journey to freedom: classic French dishes have been dusted with daring Caribbean flair and are a culinary journey for your taste buds. The spacious outside terrace is perfect for casual fine dining or one may enjoy the air-conditioned inside dining space.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great on the Strip Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Papillon is right in the "thick of things" + there is a really nice little market you can enjoy before or after dinner. The service was nice but not personal. The waitress messed up on my entrée but in the end I ended up with a fantastic shrimp dish that was really delicious. We were their for 10 nights and I would say although this was great it was my least favourite out of all restaurants. Please see my other reviews!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vineland, New Jersey
“In the High Rise Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here at the suggestion of the our resort. They had a parking lot which made getting there easy. We made our reservations the same day and were seated inside, which was fine with us. We split a huge appetizer of beef carpaccio. I could have eaten it as my meal, however; I had a special of beef tips with some type of sauce-I know it was very good.( I just can't remember the details because we were up at 4:15 to fly to Aruba and I was very tired.) My husband had the Sea Bass which he really enjoyed. We skipped the dessert because the dinner was so filling.

Visited March 2013
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“be prepared to spend some cash!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delicious food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere, but it was expensive. I had a delicious grouper dinner and the almost everyone else at the table had seafood and everyone loved their food. Fun bathrooms... they give you chalk so you can write on the walls :)
Also, you should know that if a restaurant adds 15%, in Aruba, that does not go to servers. You have to tip extra for the servers to get any of it.

Visited April 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina
“"Delicious French experience!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I experience a wonderful and delicious dinner at Papillon Restaurant. We were seated a at nice table under the canopy by a very friendly waitress that gave us a list of the specials for the evening. We were offered some bread with oils and enjoyed a glass of White Zinfandel. We ordered the Mixed green salad. I ordered the Sea Bass en Sel which came was oven-baked sea bass in a sea salt crust served with a cilantro pesto and a mango-tomato compote...outstanding!! My husband ordered the Cara fed Chickin Breast which came as a wing on chicken breast marinated in Caribbean spices and fried on the skin, served with a Dijon mustard mango beurre blanc....also outstanding! As the sun set, the atmosphere along with the French music softly playing in the background made for a very romantic environment.
We loved the total French experience...thanks again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant was delicious. Both of our meals and appetizer was well presented and flavorful. The fish was fresh. Service was great! It is also in a great location with great shopping all around you. It is walking distance from many hotels.

• Visited March 2013