“Friendly staff, clean and unique place to stay in Aruba!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Boardwalk Hotel Aruba to your Saves list
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Bakval 20, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Des Moines, IA
“Friendly staff, clean and unique place to stay in Aruba!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I went with two friends for a 40th birthday girls trip in March, 2010. We stayed in Casita 6 which was right next to the pool and jacuzzi. We enjoyed seeing the nice cats and loved our unique hotel. A refreshing change from the corporate ones....we walked to the beach (5min) and usually went to the Moomba Beach Club for our beach time. The Boardwalk was also quite reasonable in terms of price. We had a nice run in the morning up to the California lighthouse with scenic views of the ocean and beach houses....you can walk to most places in Palm Beach or take the bus there. If you have too many drinks at the Soprano's Piano Bar (as we did), it is only a $8 taxi ride back to the Boardwalk Hotel! :-)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I've been coming to Aruba every year of my life and have always stayed with my family at the Boardwalk. I am 17 years old and I love it to death. The Boardwalk is literally my home away from home. The seperate houses (casitas) are really great and each house is bright and sunny. The walk to the beach is literally 2 minutes and its just perfect! The staff members are all super friendly and I have known them my entire life! I reccomend the boardwalk to any family. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Boardwalk is a small, friendly, tropical retreat, located in Aruba, at walking distance from Palm Beach. Each bungalow/ room has it's own BBQ and hammock, and there is wireless internet, a small shop, friendly staff from reception, cleaners to night guard.
I would book my stay again with Boardwalk next time I visit Aruba (hopefully soon)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We had the opportunity for a last-minute trip to Aruba, between Christmas and New Year. My husband found The Boardwalk on line, so off we flew on Dec 26. Upon arrival, management had already left for the evening, but very clear, precise instructions for us to obtain access to our room. We had a small housekeeping issue later that evening, but within minutes Security not only showed up at our room, but also had the hotel owner on the premises. Within another 2 minutes, Housekeeping were there. The rest of our time was flawless, and management & the owner did nothing but apologise profusely to us for the inconvenience. Enough said. The hotel was within walking distance of Palm Beach, just across from Ruth's Chris restaurant at the Marriott high rise hotel area. Lovely beach area & long stretch of beach for anyone wanting a walk along the water's edge. We would quite happily book again at The Boardwalk. Nice quiet garden area within the hotel common area, a lovely pooland outside gazebo area. Plus each unit has its own outside area with a hammock. Highly recommend it for a nice romantic getaway!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

This was the first time my wife and I vacationed in Aruba and would certainly go back. Our experience with the Boardwalk Vacation Retreat was overall favorable. I had emailed them prior to our arrival and always received a response within 12 hours. Martijn was excellent! He offered sound advice was was greatly appreciated. The Boardwalk is away from everything so it does give you a great deal of privacy since there are no hotels surrounding it. The closest is the Marriot across the road (beach side). The rooms were adequate. Upon arrival we found the hot water was luke warm and on the second day we were notified that the boiler broke and the luke warm water was now cold. The next day they had a new boiler installed and now we had boiling hot water. The furniture in the living room was very uncomfortable to sit on and since that is where the television is located it was hard to watch television at night. The beds are very soft and anyone with a back problem which I have will find to wake up the next morning a little sore. All in all the Boardwalk served it's purpose. We will most certainly go back to Aruba but may not return to the Boardwalk and try another hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed here for three weeks in Aprilwith our 10 month old daughter. She loved the pool and the hotel cats that are walking about. The beach is only 5 minutes away. You can get discount and free beachchairs and Moomba Beach, which is a 10 min walk. The beach is at the end of the "highrise hotel strip' .

The hotel has a little shop, were you can buy souvenirs, beachware and surfing gear.

Very, very nice mostly Dutch staff. Helpfull and service was great. The can arrange tours, rental car and airport pickup. Busstop is around the corner.

We had a great holiday.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Our casita in paradise was number eight. The beds had a feathered comforter and were so comfortable that I slept like a baby. The living rooms are beautifully decorated with floor to ceiling windows you thought you were outside. The kitchen had everything my wife needed except for a toaster oven and suddenly there it was. We had the choice of the dinning room inside or out on the patio. The hammock on the patio was in a great spot to watch the sunset. The estate is very private and secure. I thought we were the only ones on the plantation. The night guard Patricia informed me the oasis was fully occupied. The next morning when I woke up I could have been still dreaming. There was this tiny all black kitten greeting me at the door with a chirping sound like a bird. So I named her Raven. Raven gave me a tour of the lush mature tropical gardens. A small inviting free form pool was just behind my casita. Then just past the children playground was this huge tiki hut. The hut was well furnished with outdoor furniture. A great place to read the complementary newspaper and have a morning coffee with my new found friend Raven. The cats at the Boardwalk make good ambassadors. If you ignore them they will respond in kind. If you acknowledge them they will be there to greet you whenever you return. Raven adopted our family and a reason for coming back soon. My family and I would like to thank the owners Julia, Sjoerd and Geert for providing us with great accommodations and memories. A special thank you to Martijn for making us feel so very welcomed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Boardwalk Hotel Aruba? Share your experiences!