We stayed at the Boardwalk in a studio with a toddler. We were able to check in early without any problems and the owners/staff were very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly throughout our stay.
The room was clean, cozy, and the bathroom seems like it was recently renovated and clean. It felt a little small with our toddler, but then again it's a studio. If we come back and stay longer, we probably would reserve a 1 bedroom.
The hotel grounds are well kept, peaceful, and beautiful. It feels more like a vacation home, not a hotel.
We didn't cook much in the kitchen, but it was nice to have plates and other kitchen wares available since we bought fruits, bread, wine, cheese, juice, etc. for breakfast and snacks.
One thing that didn't meet our expectation was the proximity to the beach. We were under the impression that we would have to cross a road and the beach would be a couple of minutes of walk away. It was more like cross the road, walk down the road that's north of the Marriott hotel (which is the entire width of the Marriott hotel grounds..). The roads aren't exactly pedestrian friendly so you have to be careful, especially with a stroller. Yes, the hotel's website shows their exact location on google maps, but we somehow thought the hotel was closer to the beach.. as other reviewers gave us the impression that the hotel is closer to the beach than it really is.
So it was a good thing that we had rented a car. We drove to the beach after the first day.
All in all, we would definitely come back again, with the expectation that we would drive everywhere from the hotel. And that works for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation, just steps from popular Palm Beach. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach