We wanted to stay somewhere nice with modern conveniences, but didn't want to stay someplace completely faceless or generic. The Boardwalk was the perfect fit. The casitas were certainly as nice as any room you could get at a high-rise, but the hotel is small, quiet, and private. Plus, you definitely can't get your own patio with a grill and hammock, or your own full kitchen at a high-rise. I don't know why anyone would want to stay anywhere else--you get more amenities at the Boardwalk, plus, you're not stacked on top of each other with all the other tourists. The Boardwalk has its own personality and relaxed, local feel. We loved it.
We also loved the individual attention from the ladies at the front desk. We loved that we were able to borrow a cooler, chairs, and get fresh towels every day. They gave us great advice on where to go, where to eat, and helped us get reservations. As you'll read in the other reviews, their service really is the best.
Lastly, I would just echo other reviewers and recommend that you rent a car. The Boardwalk is within walking distance of Palm Beach, but some of our favorite days were spent exploring other beaches and other parts of the island. Renting a car gave us the ability to explore the entire island and get around to shops and restaurants. I guess you could stay at the Boardwalk without a car, but you would miss out on so many other great experiences in different parts of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation, just steps from popular Palm Beach. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach