We wanted to stay somewhere nice with modern conveniences, but didn't want to stay someplace completely faceless or generic. The Boardwalk was the perfect fit. The casitas were certainly as nice as any room you could get at a high-rise, but the hotel is small, quiet, and private. Plus, you definitely can't get your own patio with a grill and hammock, or your own full kitchen at a high-rise. I don't know why anyone would want to stay anywhere else--you get more amenities at the Boardwalk, plus, you're not stacked on top of each other with all the other tourists. The Boardwalk has its own personality and relaxed, local feel. We loved it.
We also loved the individual attention from the ladies at the front desk. We loved that we were able to borrow a cooler, chairs, and get fresh towels every day. They gave us great advice on where to go, where to eat, and helped us get reservations. As you'll read in the other reviews, their service really is the best.
Lastly, I would just echo other reviewers and recommend that you rent a car. The Boardwalk is within walking distance of Palm Beach, but some of our favorite days were spent exploring other beaches and other parts of the island. Renting a car gave us the ability to explore the entire island and get around to shops and restaurants. I guess you could stay at the Boardwalk without a car, but you would miss out on so many other great experiences in different parts of the island.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba is a boutique style hotel spread out on the site of a former coconut plantation. The hotel features a limited number of beautifully renovated one and two bedroom vacation houses, called "Casitas". Each fully air-conditioned Casita is foreseen of a complete kitchen, cozy living room, separate bedroom and private patio with hammock and BBQ set. The hotel is located just steps from world-renowned Palm Beach, with its pristine white sandy beaches and its bustling restaurants, casinos and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.