My wife an I spent 2 weeks in Aruba with our 2 year old daughter. We wanted to stay away from the big resorts and the hotel rooms. Boardwalk was perfect for us as it offers the bungalow (they call them casitas) concept where you have your own place with a closed bedroom, a living room and fully equipped kitchen. We had casita #1 which has a wonderful private area with hamac, terrasse and BBQ.
The casita like the whole place was very clean and in good condition although you can tell it was time for new owners to take the baton.
This is what just happened 3 months ago with the new owners Stephanie and Kimberly ...
Now this is where a nice place turns really special...
I have traveled all around the world for both business and leisure but I have never seen such a natural and simple customer focus service... Stephanie, Kimberly and their staff are simply incredible when it comes to make your time on the island as easy and enjoyable as possible... it started before we arrived with very personalized answers to all our questions and help to book activities and never stopped until we left.
They also have a lot of ideas to grow this place into something really special and I am really curious to see how far they can take it... they have a lot of ideas and the passion it takes to get there...
After 2 weeks, it felt like we were staying at some friends' place... Carmen who was the person who took care of our casita was a sweetheart and our little Zoe was completely crazy about her
Few things to share:
- if you are stressed, tensed, tired or whatever... ask them to book you with Flo... A super nice guy who studied massages in China with Doctors... The massage itself is not a walk in the park and can be quite painful... but incredibly efficient... If your neck, your back or whatever is stuck... trust me... get them to book you with him... he will come to your casita and take care of you
- if you are like us parents of young ones and you are torn between spending time with your kids and enjoying your vacation... there is a simple answer: Vivianne... She is the baby sitter recommended by the staff and she is wonderful... Our 2 year old loved her and had a lot of fun with her while we were able to spend 3 very nice evenings ... Very professional... we felt in good hands right away although we have never used baby sitter before on trips.
The only reason I gave a 4 stars is because the place shows it was due for a new administration and for some refresh... The 5 star is no doubt ahead and we will go back to check that by ourselves
thks to everyone there for the great time! We won't even check other places for our next trip to Aruba... and there will be a next time for sure ...
PS: Zoe says hi to Lola ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation, just steps from popular Palm Beach. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach