“Overall great experience...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
La Quinta Beach Resort
Save Saved
You added La Quinta Beach Resort to your Saves list
228 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
South Florida
“Overall great experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I just returned from a 4 night stay at La Quinta Beach Resort in Aruba. I've been to Aruba 3 times before but this was my first time staying at LQ. Before writing this review, I read about 20 others that were written here and most of them are pretty accurate. Fortunately for me, I didn't have any of the really bad experiences that a few others had such as ants/bugs in the room, broken elevator, broken AC, poor customer service, etc. Without writing a novel, I'll say that I agree with all of the positive things that have been written about LQ, including the amazing uncrowded beach right across the road, the size & cleanliness of the bigger sized pool, the quality of the food & drinks at the little restaurant/bar, efficient and great housekeeping, variety of TV channels including a lot of American ones, and the overall quality of the rooms. As for the negatives I experienced, the water pressure in the shower was awful. I had to spend 3 times as much time in there as I normally would. And my biggest complaint is what a lot of people have already mentioned. This hotel nickel & dimes the crap out of you! I asked them if I could print out my boarding pass for my flight home and the woman at the front desk told me it'd be $2.00 per page! I mean, really??? And then they charged me $15.00 for a 10 minute call I made to a local 297 area code cell phone from my room. Bottom line is, if they can charge you for it, they will. So be aware of this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We spent a week at La Quinta this past June. We used one of our banked weeks for a needed quick fix as we hadn’t been to Aruba since September 2011. We enjoy La Quinta for its laid back feel. A big draw for us at La Quinta is the large and uncrowded beach. As membership is small compared to other timeshares, repairs and updates are staged so that incremental improvements are sometimes not that easy to catch. This year we noticed a brand new elevator in Phase II and repairs and upgrade to the AC system. The beds, new a year or so ago, were very comfortable. Both pools were immaculate and our rooms and facilities clean and well maintained. Housekeeping comes in everyday. The grounds are also nicely maintained and a new roof was going up on Phase I. The housekeeping staff, front desk and management team are a pleasure and helped to make our stay so enjoyable. ‘One Happy Island’ for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love La Quinta Beach Resort! The staff is always willing to help and they have such great pride in the Resort. It is always clean and kept up. La Quinta has something for everyone, relaxation for those who want quiet but for those who want a livelier place, Urwin and pool bar staff are always willing to stay late and create a party atmosphere if the drinks are flowing.. The food at the Pool Bar is by far the best on the island for the price. You must try the FAMOUS Arubian Burger, Shon Geko has the best on the Island. Urwin, Pool Bar owner and World known Bartender is great at making up new drinks but has 3 menus full of different kinds of drinks. Great place to Vacation and make friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just returned from a week's stay in Aruba at this resort. I agree with all the posts - extremely clean (maid service every day), beautiful beach where there is always a palapa to sit under, comfortable beds, nice front desk staff, etc. We went to the high rise section and walked around and decided we really like the slower, calmer pace of La Quinta. We liked the location - we could walk either way for the daily happy hours! (I wasn't sure why this resort doesn't do a happy hour??) One of our biggest highlights was getting to see leatherback turtles hatching on the beach!

The Econo car rental on sight was very handy - we rented a car for a day to drive up to Baby Beach and eat at Zeerover - cheaper than a taxi and we were on our own time schedule!

We only had two complaints - one was the A/C - although the temperature was very comfortable, it was very loud everytime it kicked on. Our other complaint was that we had to pay for a "lost" towel and room key when they were stolen. Our bags were stolen off Boca Catalina beach while we were out snorkeling and the towel and key were in our bag. I would think in that situation we wouldn't be charged for those items. But, those two things being said, it wouldn't stop us from staying at La Quinta again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have owned at La Quinta for many wonderful years. IF you are looking for a 4 or 5 star property with lots of entertainment, a gym, general store, flat screen TV's, and high end furniture and decor, I suggest the Marriott or the Hyatt hotel chain. What you will get at La Quinta is... extremely clean rooms, comfortable bedding, enough towels for your room as well as pool/beach towels. You will not be without a lounge chair at the pool nor the beach. You will not need to be up at 6:30 am and waiting on line to get a beach hut or lounge. Check in is usually very organized and performed by professional, friendly,knowledgeable staff. Yes, as someone complained, they will give you remote controls for your TV's, a lock and cover for the safety deposit box for your room and a card to insert into the air conditioning unit. While this may seem to be a bit behind the times it works!! If you have a problem with most anything, all it takes is a call to the front desk. Most of the time a maintenance person or maid will be at your room with the resolution within minutes. There is a small restaurant/Bar called Shon Ghecko on premise that is run by Urwin and Raymond. The drinks are outstanding and moderately priced and our resident bartender Urwin holds two awards for best bartender in the carribean. The food that is served is always done with care and they try to make your plate the way you would like it. As for complaints about lizards in the room. Well, folks we are on a tropical island. You may bring them into you apartment without even knowing you have done so. This also happens in Five star resorts. The beach is the most beautiful on the Island of Aruba IF you want clear blue water without motor oil from the excursion boats and jet skis this is the place to be. We are a very diverse group (depending on the week or time of year). Families, singles, couples, older guests, we normally all enjoy our stay at LaQuinta. For those of you that are exchanging from your home resort to LaQuinta and have questions, please read the majority of the reviews here. Some are not so good, but most are great! In addition we have one of the top rated restaurants in Aruba The Screaming Eagle where our guests can enjoy a 10% discount (ask at reception). Econo Car rental is also at the resort but is privately owned and operated. This resort while built in the early 90's like many other resorts on this island has shown some wear, however, it seems to me that maintenance is always working on trying to update and correct issues. IF you decide to go I hope you enjoy LaQuinta and it's staff as much as we have over the years.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Even after reading some of the great reviews, we were surprised to enjoy a great week with very good service at an amazing location! Something to be said for daily maid service, where they actually do your dishes, tidy up and change towels in addition to making beds; and the front desk was always fabulous about giving directions and offering suggestions. And although there is extra daily fees charged for energy surcharge etc, seems like this would apply at any of the hotels. Overall, we had a very relaxing week, most of it spent on the beach across the road (very accessible) and totally get why people return year after year!

Room Tip: We stayed in phase one, which was closer to the beach and perfectly comfortable. Glad we didn't...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been staying here for many years. Our units have Maid service daily. Our tile floors are mopped everyday. The maintenance come right away to fix a problem. The front desk do extras that many other larger resorts wound not offer. It is quiet, friendly and small so if you want noise and lots of kids it is not for you. We have all ages but in small quantities. Everyone is helpful and the bartenders make the best drinks on the Island. Try them out!! One year we toured the happy hours at the larger hotels. Their help were great too, but for the price and value, LaQuinta has it above the others. I feel like I am escaping from reality for a few weeks with another group of friends. When I want to be around the crowds I go to the Hotels on Palm Beach or to Town where the ships come in and then come back to my suite. LOVELY!

Room Tip: Phase ! have a great place for a couple but a little close for 4 people I recommend a two bedroom or...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Beach Resort? Share your experiences!