“Great family resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Linda Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Costa Linda Beach Resort
59 Je Irausquin Blvd | P.O. Box 1345, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great family resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and I will continue to visit here with my family. Booking a room through the timeshare rentals on the hotels website saved me close to $1,000. There is a beautiful pool area with a great ocean view, and also a children's pool. The pool bar has a very nice view with large screen TV's usually with sports on, and also excellent food. The food at the bar is very reasonably priced, but probably my biggest complaint about the resort is the drinks are $8, and beers $6.50. The on site restaurant has delicious food right on the beach. The beach the hotel is located on is the most beautiful beach on the island. This is why I would not stay anywhere else. The staff is very very friendly, and so are the daily activities instructors. Try to get a room on the higher floors with an even number. This will give you the best view. All rooms are nicely renovated, best part of the rooms would be the nice kitchens that wont bother you to cook dinner in if needed. You will need a to take an $8 cab ride to get to the high rise area, I prefer this over renting a car. Overall, a very nice resort highlighted by a gorgeous beach, beautiful pool and great staff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Clarkesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at Costa Linda last week with friends who have a time-share. Newly renovated, the two bedroom suite has a nice floor plan and is decorated in warm tropical colors. We had better maid service then I have seen in some four star hotels (kudos Myriam).

One of my friends had a bum leg and we were quite happy to find out they had scooters for rent @ $5 per day. This made his mobility almost a non issue.

We didn't have any children with us, but the activities program for them is top notch (kudos Hettie). There are also various activities like bingo, zumba and water aerobics for adults.

You can book various tours and off-site activities right in the resort's lobby...the bus picks you up at the front of the resort. Instead of coming right back to the resort, my friend and I opted to be dropped off in downtown Oranjestad for shopping (great prices lotsa fun). We took the bus back to the resort - very easy access.

The landscaping is gorgeous. I loved seeing the iguanas and birds and lizards all day long. There are comfy places to sit and relax to read or play pool or a game of chess.

Little on-site shops are nice and they have little computers that allow you to check email or your FaceBook page. The coffee shop makes a decent latte. The resort's restaurant 12 Degrees has good food and very large salads. We were really pleased with the daily breakfast special at $5.95 for scrambled eggs, Dutch potatoes, bacon, sausage and pancakes or French toast or crepes.

Would love to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view - any one is great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

What a wonderful resort, we stayed in #5007 and it was wonderful!!! view of the ocean, pure delight. The staff was excellent, everything was perfect!!! Food was amazing !! Pool was the best ever!!! Music daily, water massage, salsa lessons!!! What more could you ask for,,,,Beautiful sunsets everynight!!! Clean!! I sould say spotless..Pizza Bobs was so good!!! Shuttle back and forth to supermarket/casino was a great help.Customer service rocked!!!! Yndhira Harms in Reservations was amazing!!!! She made sure we got an excellent room with ocean view!! Shout out to Lisa for being the best server we had while dining!!! We all fell in love with Aruba and Costa Linda Beach Resort!!! We did an exchange and that was the best exchange ever!!!!! Three of us had a massage,, and with martinis waiting after wards,,well maybe a ginger drink,,,,it was excellent!! email me for more info lindaguevara@att.net

Room Tip: 4th or 5th floor best ocean view,,We had #5007,,,,it was perfect!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Have stayed at Costa Linda for over ten years and the newly renovated resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the beach is beautiful. The newly appointed two and three bedroom suites are warm and comfortable with great views of ocean, beach and pool area.

Room Tip: If you like quiet ask for rooms numbering 10 - 24 on any floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been staying at timeshares around the world since 1997 and have never met a more proud group of owners than I did at the Costa Linda and they have the right to be very proud! Great atmoshpere, great beach, great view, do you see a pattern here. I very rarely travel to the same place twice, but would be very tempted to visit beautiful Aruba & especially Costa Linda again just to visit with some of the wonderful people we shared the week with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Second time to Aruba, first at Costa Linda. Totally impressed with the resort. My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair and we had a room with a walk-in shower with a seat in it and a hand held shower she could use. It was very close to the elevators. The staff was very attentive. The tour desk is run by a tour company but Esther did not hesitate to recommend restaurants to us and suggest things we might like to do while there. The grounds were fantastic and the room was excellent. Full size kitchen appliances, good security, great parking for the rental car. Plenty of quiet spaces around the pool and right on the beach. We were on the third (middle) floor and there was no noise above or below us. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with someone with a disability just let them know as there are rooms customized...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been to a number of timeshare hotels/resorts in Aruba (Divi Phoenix, Villas and Village, Aruba Beach Club, Casa Del Mar, Playa Linda) and this review will compare Costa Linda to them, not to the high-end hi-rise resorts.
Compared to TS hotels mentioned above, in it's entirety (rooms, service, grounds, beach, staff) I'd rank Costa Linda better than all of them (although a few downsides exist)
The Good:
1. Arguable the Best Beach of any hotels (including Palm beach) - large, not crowded, well maintained. Beautiful sand, no rocks, mud I the water.
2. Very spacious and well equipped rooms - new appliances and TVs, extremely effective (for a non-luxury apartment) AC that cooled down room literally in minutes.
3. Very helpful staff

The "not so good"
1. There were no ceiling fans in either bedroom
2. Costa Linda's internet is a hassle if you have more than one device. Often lost connection
3. The beach bar/restaurant was a real disappointment. First, the food prices higher by a few bucks than the restaurants in neighboring hotels like Matthews. Also, they charged $8.40 for drinks that in my opinion had hardly any alcohol! and whatever alcohol they did put in there was from the bottles I've never seen before, my guess is lowest price too. Very disappointing, not worth buying even during 2-for-1 happy hour. Buy the end of 2nd day we stocked up on beer and other drinks from the supermarket and I stopped using the bar at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Costa Linda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!