The hotel is good for the money they charge. Its not Hyatt or MArriott, but decent enough
The lobby is decent, not grand.
Only two restaurants are open each day, they should mention this on the website. Its not fair to let us know when we reach there, this information should be provided before we can book.
I didnt like the drinks, but thats me. This was my first All-Inclusive vacation, I like picking what I want.
We were given a room in tower 1 which was facing the parking lot on second floor. We called the recepetion and they changed the room immediately. We got one in tower 2, facing the pool. The rooms are good and spacious.
Not very friendly
We asked about the Royal Club upgrade twice, but they said check your room first. If you dont like we can talk about the upgrade. We already changed the room once, its a pain to move bags aroud.
Guest Services -
Not very friendly
They lie, saying that there are no mexican restaurant reservations available but we will give you one. When we went to the restaurant, 2/3rd for the restaurant for empty.
We liked the pool (though its small), the water is warm and lot of beds around. The hot tubs are fun too.
Its Aruba beach, just perfect
Palm Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch
Service - Very Good. Everyone at the restuarant is very friendly.
Food - Ok. Well, All-inclusive is not for me. I cant eat the same thing everyday, and being a vegeterian the options are very limited
Food is good, service is prompt.
Only one complain, the waiter was hurrying too much. He took my plate even though I was eating!!!!!
Service - They rush too much, they are in too much hurry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary island of Aruba, the Occidental Grand Aruba is an all-inclusive luxury hotel on beautiful Palm Beach. The Grand Aruba Resort features a casino, dining, bars, nightlife, water sports and elegant event space for meetings & weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Occidental Grand Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Occidental Aruba
- Aruba Grand Occidental
- Occidental Hotel Aruba
- Grand Aruba
- Occidental Grand Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach