My husband and I just returned from a week at the Occidental. Had a wonderful time. We read mixed reviews before leaving so were a little concerned.
I had emailed two weeks before arriving, requesting an ocean or pool view room. Upon arrival we were a little disappointed to discover we were given a room with two double beds. (pool view) After requesting a king size bed, they offered a new room if we could wait until the next day. We then had a nice room on the third floor with a view of both the pool and the ocean. Did not have to pay to upgrade.
We did reserve dining options right away as reviews had suggested and had no problem getting the restaurants or times we wanted. We really enjoyed the Italian, Azian and the Mexican. Buffet was remarkably good for breakfast and lunches. The shows were quite good and the music in the lobby bar was excellent.
The beach was wonderful. Did have to claim our beach chairs and cover with towels by 9:00 am if we wanted better seats. Generally did this just before our breakfast and morning beach walk.
One thing to note: At night you could hear the music from the nearby clubs on the strip. Our first night on the second floor you could really hear it until 3:00 am. After we were moved to the third floor, more in the middle of the resort, you could barely hear it.
All in all, staff were friendly and helpful which made for a wonderful time.
Great trip, great value. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Palm Beach, Aruba, this resort features all the ingredients for a unique vacation: a location right on the beach, turquoise waters, the fine white sands of the Caribbean, and warm weather throughout the year. This high-end Aruba All-Inclusive resort is the best vacation destination for families and couples. The Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort is close to many tourist attractions and just steps away from the entertainment, lounges, discos and shopping areas the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Occidental Aruba
- Aruba Grand Occidental
- Occidental Hotel Aruba
- Grand Aruba
- Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort Palm - Eagle Beach