Hint: When reading all the reviews for this resort be sure to look at the dates of stay. For someone to write a review now, for a trip took back in April of '07 seems very irrelevant. I had a totally different experience just visiting Feb 10-16 2008.
When we checked in we were immediately upgraded from an ocean view to ocean front, nice way to begin. The room had a super view of the ocean and was spacious. It wasn't the most luxurious room we've stayed in but it was clean and suited our needs. The a/c was somewhat ineffective and noisey, so we slept with the fan over the bed on and left the a/c on high during the day to try to cool the room. The food was fresh and good as far as we were concerned. I took the advice of previous reviews and made the reservations upon check in. We ate at Zen 2X and Desire 2X, avoiding the Italian and Mexican. On Valentines day they had a buffet set up on the beach, and we were looking forward to a romantic table for two. That was not the case, the tables were set for 10 and the line for the buffet was very long, so we left and jumped into a cab and went to El Gauchos for a romantic steak dinner. We took advantage of Desire Lounge every night. Relaxing in bed like couches outside in the beautiful night air was just what we like to do. No one was there so we pretty much had the lounge to ourselves. We've been to Aruba twice before once stayed at The Marriott (very expensive and far removed from the rest of palm beach) and The Wyndam, which is now the Westin (also at the other end of the beach and at that time the rooms were horrible '04) We loved the location of Occidental Grand. We love the beach and my partner was up at 5am to get a front hut, of which most were taken already. The trick is to tip the towel guys $5 a day and they will put a towel under the hut you want.. We did go thru the RUI and to us it was too big and stark, and they have sand constantly whipping by the beach which makes it a pool resort. You can not beat the weather & beaches of Aruba and there is lots to do if you want to. The Occidental resort is the best value we found. We probably will return again in a few years, unless something else pops up. Go and have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Palm Beach, Aruba, this resort features all the ingredients for a unique vacation: a location right on the beach, turquoise waters, the fine white sands of the Caribbean, and warm weather throughout the year. This high-end Aruba All-Inclusive resort is the best vacation destination for families and couples. The Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort is close to many tourist attractions and just steps away from the entertainment, lounges, discos and shopping areas the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Occidental Aruba
- Aruba Grand Occidental
- Occidental Hotel Aruba
- Grand Aruba
- Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort Palm - Eagle Beach