We stayed at the Occidental from 10th Oct - 24th Oct, had a fantastic time. We were a bit worried about what we would find as we had read some bad things. I have to say it was a near perfect holiday. Wionderful weather apart from the day we left when there was a storm which kept us inside all day although it was still very warm.
We went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary so we wanted something a bit special the only downside was the fact that First Choice only buy rooms on 1st 3 floors (which I read about on tripadvisor), when I contacted First Choice I was told this is not true and they would infact get in touch with the Occidental and make sure we have a room on a high floor with a sea view. When at the hotel we had it confirmed that First Choice do only buy rooms on the first 3 floors so we ended up with a room on the 3rd floor with only a partial sea view overlooking a car park. This was a bit disappointing, but at least we had a bit of sea view.
We had no problem at all booking all the a la carte restaurants, as we were staying for 14 nights we could book these for 8 nights. They were all fantastic except the first time we went to the Caribbean restaurant there was a wedding and they were trying to serve the wedding guest on the beach as well as run the restaurant with minimum staff. We had to wait ages for our food and when it came it was cold. After our main course the waitress disappeared for half an hour so we just left without having desert. So beware if there is a wedding you will get poor service.
Never had a problem with towels, just make sure you put dirty towels in the bath and you will get fresh every day. Never had a problem with fridge in room it was restocked every other day.
Yes we did have to get up early to get a pool chair, but there was alway plenty on the beach.
The beach is fantastic it is the second best beach we have been
All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We went into town on the bus which stops right outside the hotel and felt totally safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary island of Aruba, the Occidental Grand Aruba Resort and Casino is an all-inclusive luxury hotel on beautiful Palm Beach. The Grand Aruba Resort features a casino, dining, bars, nightlife, water sports and elegant event spaces for meetings & weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Occidental Grand Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Occidental Aruba
- Aruba Grand Occidental
- Occidental Hotel Aruba
- Grand Aruba
- Occidental Grand Aruba Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach