This was our first time to Aruba. When we arrived to the resort, we were surprised that you could come and go without issues. We have stayed at other resorts and they tend to want you to stay onsite for safety reasons. So my first impression was that it was very nice and the front desk staff was pleasant. I have read reviews that they were the worst but I must say they were wonderful to us.
Check in was 3PM and we arrived at 2:30 so we had to wait a few minutes so we went to lunch at Don Nicholas, the buffet and it was good. They had an assortment of food so everyone in our party was able to enjoy something they had to offer.
Our room...there were good and bad points to our room. First the bad, the bed was horrible. It was the equivalent to sleeping on the concrete floor and the pillows were too soft. The bathroom was dimly lit and the shower had soft spots in it. I also saw some water spots on the shower ceiling which didn't alarm me until....well, I'll get to that. The good....the A/C worked wonderfully and our view was spectacular. We were in rom 407 and could see the pool and the ocean. Because of our location we could turn off the air, open the patio and room doors and feel the trade winds blow through our room. That was very nice! The worst part of our hotel room experience was when we came back from dinner and our friends who were in room 408 had a pipe burst in their room. Water was everywhere. Their entire room was flooded. The water was in our room, the hallway and even leaked onto the floor below us. According to maintenance, this happens often. Fortunately, none of our belongings were damaged and it was fixed within an hour.
The restaurants onsite: well, we ate at the Japanese Restaurant. It was ok! I wasn't overly impressed but I can say I tried sushi for the first time. In order to eat at the restaurants, you must make a reservation between 8 & 11AM and believe me there will be a line forming at 7:30AM. In my opinion, I preferred the buffet at Don Nicolas. Also, during the day when you are hanging out at the pool or on the beach, it's easy and convenient to go to the Nautilaus. The downfall of that buffet is that there are birds in the restaurant. Beware because they like to eat from the buffet too so you have to be careful.
We were able to ride jetskis while there thanks to Johnny B Good who was hanging out by De Palm Restaurant. He gave us a great deal! We enjoyed that and we also enjoyed the bus tour that took us to some local spots where we were able to take some photos. It was well worth the $39/pp for the tour. If you are looking for some adventure then check out the vendors on the beach who will have excursions available.
The casino: we won a few dollars but if you have problems with cigarette smoke....steer clear! It will choke you to death. It was fun for a few minutes but not for long stints.
The sports bar was very nice. It was peaceful too! We went there a few times but just know that the pool table and few video games are on the pricey side.
The gym: I used the gym daily and it worked well for me. I managed to get a workout in everyday without crowding or interruption.
Overall, our stay was relaxing, peaceful and we would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Jetsetter and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach