We stayed during the week 18 to June 22 at the RIU Palace Aruba. It is located in the Palm Beach area, which is the best beach from the point of view of the sea, its blue color, no waves, and a wide beach with many palm trees, and the traditional charm of the best beaches in the Caribbean.
Regarding the reviews I've read, the truth about the problem of reserve chairs and umbrellas is effective, especially in the pool, because you have to get up early to be eligible to have your own chair, however, there were always beach chairs available, and what was more complex was to find a good shade, however, there is always possibility of sharing with other passengers, if you are just two people.
Among the good things of the hotel, I can highlight:
- Its spacious, with 450 rooms. It does not look crowded at the pool, beach, restaurants. It is always possible to attend without feeling everywhere with many people around. It is the best all inclusive hotel in Aruba, according to all individuals and dealers we spoke. Indeed there are other hotels, which may be more luxurious in palm beach (Marriot (trendwind area) or Hyatt), but they have no meals included, therefore must be paid every thing you eat. Therefore, in these hotels you have to go to the hotel's restaurants or external restaurants wallet in hand always. For this reason, in this sector of streets around the hotels, there are a lot of trade. That can not be viewed in other Caribbean resorts. Just walk a few blocks and is full of restaurants, shopping, mall, crafts, nightclubs, bars, etc.. You can have a great time in the day and at night, walking only a few minutes, because it's all very close. No automobile lease required. The same, there are taxis and buses to move within the island.
-The beach is the best I've seen, compared to Punta Cana, Bahamas - Paradise Island, Brazil, etc.. Just say that the beach of the first hotels Babaro Beach (Punta Cana) had a beach and sea of similar characteristics in terms of no waves and shallow, where you can walk inside.
-The downtown is nearby and you can visit local shops, to high fashion and design. It is a place that has all the charm of the Caribbean, but without the usual clutter that characterizes these countries. Things work pretty well, because they have a lot of culture of USA in their shops, attention. Go to buy anything outside the hotel is a pleasure. No such harassment seen in center America and the Dominican Republic. The vendors do not pressure you at all, is very normal like when you buy in your country. The same happens at the airport. When you arrive with your luggage, do not harass a group of helpers offering carts. The carts are always available (free) and no one pressures you. It is best to have a culture rather more American or European, and not so Caribbean. However, the joy of the hotel staff is very Caribbean and that is appreciated.
Inside the hotel the bad things, I can highlight:
-The rooms, despite being quite clean and spacious, with poor quality bed. It is very wide, which is good (easily fit 3 people), but it is extremely hard. It seems to be sleeping on tables and not a soft mattress. Urgently lacks a change of mattresses.
-The TV is very old (10 years old at least), and must renew urgent. We did not see anything about TV, but if you go with children, they will need. With the humidity in this season, the TV sounded like he was cooking something inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 ft. from various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach