We stayed at this hotel on 7th June 2013 for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. We brought our baby with us too. We were on 9th floor and had a junior suite with full sea view in the main building which was amazing. Only issue I had was the lifts. They were constantly out of order and seemed to jump all the time. I am terrified of lifts so had to walk up 9 flights of stairs every day after this happened so many times.
The staff were amazing especially the dining staff. Big thanks to Carlos and his staff who sterlised all our baby bottles for us each morning. He made our life so much easier doing this. They were ever so friendly. They loved our little boy too and he loved them.
The pool was huge. The only problem was the swim up bar which i think should be taken away. Folk were just pouring drinks into the pool and it was awful so dirty. My wee boy had to go into the pool and that shouldnt have been happening.
The beach is amazing. Never seen anything like it before. Eagle beach is fab. You need to go see the Divi Divi Trees. We went into Oranasted one day but its being done up at present and is just a mess just now.
Aruba is very safe country. You can go walking about at night and its fine.
We did a few trips, De Palm Island and also Half Day Tour of the Island which turned into pretty much a full day as the tour guide is very thorough.
Jaz was our rep with Thomson and I didnt find her that helpful. Tried to say I only booked a half day trip when it was a full day. In the end we used De Palm Tours who Thomson worked with anyway and least that way they get the full amount of money and are very helpful.
There is lots of dance acts on at night for the entertainment but that is about it. There is Senior Frogs just down from the hotel but beware the drinks are really expensive.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach