We have visited Aruba during April 2013. Compared to other Caribbean islands Aruba is at the top. Stable weather, lots of things to do outside the hotel and very safe.
The hotel itself was ok. We have enjoyed our stay, however there were a number of things that would have been perfectly ok in 3 star resort, not in one that claims to be a 5 star.
When we have arrived we were given a room in the old wing on the 7th floor. The room was just renovated and there was a very strong smell of paint in the room. We went immediately downstairs to ask for a different room. They were sufficiently nice about it and offered us a room on the second floor in the same wing. The smell there was fine and we were very happy for the first 2 days. During the night of the second day we started hearing a very loud mechanical noise from below the room. As it was keeping us up I've called the front desk and after a few hours of back and forth we were told that what we are hearing is the pool pump and they can't switch it off. In the morning we had to speak to the manager and they have moved us once more, in the afternoon. This time around, still in the same wing, we got a room that was not renovated, no paint smell but a pretty bad moldy one. We have decided to ignore it, we don't spend that much time in the room any way, sleep was more important.
The food was great, a lot of variety.
Some of the people on the hotel staff were very helpful and polite, some were not so much. In general it felt like not everyone there were all that exited about their jobs.
It is true that a shade on the beach is not always easy to find, however we managed even when getting there relatively late in the day. The beach itself is great.
Overall we have enjoyed our trip a lot, however would likely not stay again in Riu Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach