Our second trip to Aruba in 5 years, we went this time in October/November and again the weather was amazing the whole time (Left just after Halloween). Its been almost 6 years since we were last here and we were a little surprised at the wear and tear the hotel has taken in that time. (lots of repairs needed). Still its a beauty spot, weather you cannot beat.
We were suprised that they had not encorporated a disco..the nightly entertainment area is far too small and its the same as it was 6 years ago (yikes). Time to move forward, folks! In all the resort is what we expected, we had an ocean vew suite (we could walk out the door to the ocean) and we made use of the walkways daily (running the beach is AWESOME!) The food did get a lil boring ater 7 days, but such is typical o all inclusives. What didnt impress us was the swim up bar (seemed dirty and smelled yucky) and the dampness in the rooms (this really needs work- my clothes were actually wet).
We loved the beach, the water is glorious! We loved the little shops in town and the shopping/dining/movie theatre areas in walking distance of the hotel. We went to the movies and to dinner and enjoyed lots of walking while there this trip. (it reminded us of a tiny International Drive), Orlando).
Same as everyone else has stated..the beds suck. lol This hotel is all about the relax. Its not a huge party place, its doesnt have great entertainment...I recommend this resort i you are lkooking or fabulous weather, good food, and a great beach to play on. Its all about the downtime here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach