My new Husband and I spent our Honeymoon in Aruba 12/17-12//23 2012.
Goods: The view and location are amazing, the pool is the biggest anywhere, the BAR staff in all the bars is great, quick, helpful, fun and very nice.
The cleaning staff is great. We had a clean (immaculate) room each day, they were so friendly, and turn down service with fresh towels by each evening when we would return.
Food: The buffet is good, with a large selection
Not So Good:
Food: You cannot make reservations until the morning beginning at 9 am. If you are not in line in the lobby by 8:45 you can forget a reservation. There are 2 seatings 6:30 pm an 9 pm. 9 pm is just way too late and we were only able to get one reservation at one restaurant within the resort our entire stay and at the 9 pm seating. The room service is AWFUL. The food options include nachos which consisted of room temperature cheese dip in a bowl and tortilla chips on a plate, a salmon and cream cheese bagel sandwich, a room temperature club sandwich with chips, a chicken Cesar salad and a couple of dessert options. It takes somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour to get food if you order from room service. If you don't get a reservation your other option is eating in the buffet.
The Bed: Hard as a rock and upon return my shoulders and neck were so sore I have had 2 visits to the chiropractor within a week to feel just okay.
Service Staff: They were just okay. The front desk just helped you check in, they would give you a wifi code, but really did nothing above and beyond to help you if you had a question. The staff in the restaurants is not good. They seemed put out to get you a drink and that is if they came to your table to see if you needed one at all.
Other than this, we enjoyed our trip to Aruba, because it was a beautiful place with a lot to do and we were on our honeymoon so we did not sweat the stuff at the resort that much. That being said, when we return we will choose another place that we did take the time to go and look at for future visits while we were there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach