This was our first time in a RIU Palace and we where surprised by the beauty of this hotel.
The place looks big but still there is enough space for everyone.
At first, there where some problems with our check in, our suite with full sea view was overbooked! So we got a suite in the older part on the first floor. All the staff walks between the restaurants with little maintenance cars on the first floor so I can say the first floor is TO noisy!
We made a complaint and got a suite with side sea view, it had an amazing view and the room was very clean and in good condition, it was on the fourth floor. The Jacuzzi was great ( use bath foam from shower for the Jacuzzi, works great! ), shower has high pressure, good bath products, very nice! Beds where a bit hard but that did not bother me, kingsize so lots of space, tried the mattress topper but does not really help.
The food was great for the price we paid for all inclusive!
Breakfast and lunch are superb, you will find anything you need.
Diner was good to, especially the beef in de steakhouse !! Pff that was awesome !!!! I am really a fan of the beef tenderloin and is was superb!!! Of course you can find a better restaurant in Aruba somewhere but it will cost you allot, so for the price you pay at RIU, food quality is very good.
BEACH / POOL
The pool is very well maintained I can say, and looks great! Best pool on Palm Beach!
I got a checkup I think, there where some people that complained earlier in reviews, could
not find any problems in the pool.
The beach at the RIU is also the best spot on Palm Beach! A big white and long beach, more than enough beds, if you really want the best spot, get up early and make a "reservation", but if you don't want to, don't worry, lots of palm trees that give shadow if you need, enough space for everyone !!!
Overall the staff was great, friendly and helpful, special thanks to Jacquelina, Chanty, Gomez and Julia who made our stay a really pleasant one!
RIU Palace is really good located compared to Oranjestad and the Airport, also very close to a nice boulevard and shops, restaurants, try Casa Tua next to the Soprano's, best pizza we ever had !!
Even with the problems with checkin I still rate this hotel 5 star, after the problems the hotel gave us more than value for our money! I would recommend everybody to go to the RIU Palace Aruba!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach