I don't know why people complain so much but I had a good time at Riu Palace in Aruba. I went from Nov. 1st - 8th and the property was not as crowded. Yes I had to wake up at 6am to reserve a hut on the beach but if you come out anytime there are still shaded areas to sit. It was kind of windy but without the wind it would be so hot. The drinks were good and were not water down. Foods were good, esp the Steak House and Krystal. The only inconvenient thing was there were so much mosquitos at night. My daughter and lots of other guests got bitten pretty bad. The hotel finally sprayed the property against mosquitos on the day we left. The pool is the biggest compared to other hotels in Aruba. I got room 0435 in Building B and Building B has the good view of the pool and the beach. Room was very clean and beutiful. Housekeeper came twice a day. The fridge was always stocked. The major drawback for me at this hotel is that there is no baby changing station. I traveled with an infants (there were lots of families traveling with babies) and not a place to change the baby. Found other parents and myself had to change the baby at the lounge chair. The public restrooms look dark due to the tile color and were not very clean. The beach is beautiful. Took the cab to Eagle beach to visit the Divi trees (signiture of Aruba) and it was worth going. Beautiful beach with soft sand there too. However, that was the second time we stayed at Riu. If we are going to come back I probably will try to stay at Divi Hotel. Divi looks nice and the sand is softer than at Riu. At Riu the sand is somewhat course with lots of broken seashells. At Divi there are hammocks also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 ft. from various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach