“Great all inclusive in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Aruba

You added Hotel Riu Palace Aruba to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 79, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Aruba Grand Beach Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SUMMER DEALS
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
“Great all inclusive in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

For an all inclusive hotel the riu chain are great. The food is excellent the hotel is in the beach but lacking a beach bar and floats etc for the ocean. The kids club and kids entertainment are not great however I have stayed here with and without kids and would say its much better for adults. Great 24 hours sports bar serving snacks. And in room drinks and fridge is a great bonus.
I really a very good choice for an all inclusive on a fantastic island

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Polish first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the RIU Palace Aruba for a week and booked a suite (room 1019) with a Jacuzzi. The room didn't dissapoint, spacious, clean with wonderful views from our balcony, however the air conditioning could have been better. The hotel and service was excellent, one of the best I've stayed at, so much food choice and all branded drinks served with a 24x7 bar!
The only critiscm is having to get up at 6:15 every morning to wrap towels around a cabbana on the beach to reserve. The beach is public (but very safe) and there are only a limited number of cabanna's on the beach, if you need shade this is a must have. For the number of guests this hotel can accomodate this was very dissapointing. However having said that, we will definately be going back.

Room Tip: Upgrade the room if you can afford it to a Junior Suite or Suite, worth evry penny!
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from the Riu last night (17 Sep 12) and I want to share my experience at the Riu in Aruba. First, I do not understand all those negatives reviews. This hotel is beatuiful and the staff is wonderful. The first night at the Riu, our keys stopped working due to the door needed a battery. From the time I reported to the time the door was fixed it took all of 5 or 10 minutes. The only thing I would agree on about the Riu is the bed. They are very firm however, I requested a mattress pad is was on the bed within minutes. The food is fabulous. We ate at the buffet every night because of the variety of food. The pool area is very nice not crowded at all. You can swim up to get all the drinks you want. Since I don't drink, it wasn't a big deal. There are activites always going on at the pool. I went out on the beach and was able to get a lounge chair with no problem and I dont need a tan. Our room was on the 7th floor over looking the pool and a great view of the ocean. Don't do what we did the first night, leave the sliding glass door open because I wanted some fresh air. All our clothes were wet from the moisture to include the floors and the bedspread. We had plenty of towels and did not have to ask for them. The maids come twice daily to make sure you have everything you needed.The casino is small but you can go next door to the other casinos on the strip or downtown to the Crystal. The hotel was very clean. I did not smell that mildew smell others wrote about. Everytime I walk down the hall it smell like purex or some type of cleaning product. The staff is always cleaning Finally, I realized, some people just like to complain to hear their self complain. Don't ruin other people vacation because you do not know how to relax and have fun. This hotel is one of the best hotel in Aruba. I am planning on coming back next year. I really had a great time at the Riu in Aruba. I did not want to come back to reality. LOL

Room Tip: Higher floor have a great view of the ocean.
burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I just got back from a week at this Hotel and loved the service there .Especially the buffet called the don nelson, honestly they were outstanding with service! The menu was varied every day lunch,dinner and breakfast. They have, I will call them managers, who overlook your needs and don't hesitate to chip in if needed.I don't think I had a finished plate that sat at my table for more than one minute! I found the food to be tasty and a fillet I had was cooked to perfection.
The room we had was a junior suite that over looked the pool area. I was worried about the noise if I wanted to sit on the huge balcony but no problem at all. The pool closes at seven pm.

I also found the room to be very quiet, I am a light sleeper but had no trouble with noise.I would go back to this hotel any time. The only comment I have for them is that the beds are a little hard, but again as soon as I mentioned it they put a softer mattress on top of the one in the room.really
enjoyed the fact that room service was included!!! Prompt and efficient .I must mention that my sister thought the spa needed updating, thou the treatment was good, the people at the spa could have a little more communication as to what/where wait etc. the robes are designed for size six and under!!

Room Tip: inside rooms overlook the pool area, building B, the junior suites have larger balcony, and the view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Morris Plains, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was not our kind of vacation...

Firstly the hotel itself is ugly and does not fit the environment at all.

Next - the pool - is huge which is welcome - but not well maintained. We were there over labor day weekend and it was very crowded around the pool and yes - people place towels on the lounge chairs early in the morning and they think that this entitles them to "reserve" them until they decide to show up at 11a/12n/1p in the day... Therefore people who are actually AT the pool wander around looking for space... and the management does nothing to curtail this unfair and inconsiderate behavior.

Another consequence of the crowd was the disgusting scum of spilled drinks / sunscreen / or ??? floating in each corner of the pool... we decided to head to the beach. The beach is nice but the wind ( which affects the pool as well ) can be really uncomfortable when it sends the sand whipping into your face and body with gusts that literally sent empty lounge chairs into the pool... ( hopefully it belonged to one of those early risers I referenced earlier... ) FYI - if you do get a lounge by the pool, keep your eye on it - we found ourselves sipping a drink by the bar as we suddenly watched a couple begin to remove our things and just start tossing our belongings to the empty ( but occupied ) lounge behind us... as you can imagine - what followed was stressful and not what you would ever expect or want while on vacation...

The bar staff was nice - we tried to maximize our alcohol intake given it is all inclusive and in hopes of decompressing from the annoying people staying at the resort...

Breakfast was good - huge selection of choices - buffet style -

but the other meals were consistently average... and the process of having to make a dinner reservation by around 11am each day was an inconvenience...

in addition - the area outside and around the resort is very commercial - lots of noise / loud music / bars / restaurants so if you are looking for a more secluded or quiet or relaxing place you should consider other options / destinations -

so in closing - we try to make the best of it wherever we go - but we had to try harder here.

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I tried contact the customer service department, and they gave me a email that does not work so here is my review

I stayed at the RUI palace in Aruba September 10th to the 14th. I stayed in junior room in the new tower. Our first room was for 424, the whole floor smelled musty and smoky when we entered the room it reeked of smoke. The room was missing on iron and a service menu. The room did not feel new and did not have anything that would stand out it had looked outdated with an old tv and banged up furniture. The TV did not have all the channels working. I called up the front desk asking for iron for the room.

I had planned on getting engaged in Aruba at the Riu Palace on the beach. I walk down to the frontdesk to leave artificial rose petals for the photographer to pickup at 5pm to setup on the beach. The photographer had gotten approval from the hotel the previous week. I was told by the front desk staff and the manager that I was not allowed to leave anything at the front desk. I had to wait in the front lobby area for the photographer to arrive so I can hand him the rose petals instead of enjoying the beach with my girlfriend. This ruined the experience a little bit and I was surprised how rude the front desk staff and the manager where about this special occasion. I had want back up to the room hoping that the iron had arrived and specially since I already ask the front desk for the second time. The iron had not arrived and the smell in the room was a bothering my throat. We had walked downstairs to talk to the front desk and hoping to change our room. we have been told that hotel was full and no rooms available, we talk to the customer relations. We told that we were unhappy with the room that was outdated, smelled and tv was not working. we had stayed at the Riu in the Jamaica before and had expected the quality to be the same. Had we known that this rui was not the same quality as the 1 in Jamaica we would have never booked with this hotel. The customer service person agreed that the rooms are outdated and the quality should be the same but it was not the case here. there's nothing that can be done. She offered for us to check out the next day at 10 am. and she could possibly have a room available that would be better. She said she would make sure the iron would be in our room.

The turn down service at this hotel is terrible. First night only only shades closed lights turned off and the bed not turned down not what I expected from a 5 star hotel.

On Tuesday We had walked to the frondesk area 10 a.m. and told us about other room would not be available to 3 p.m. When we go to our new room 628 same outdated look however there was no bad smell like in other room. The phone was missing contact card. And bathroom looked like it had mold on ceiling

The casino area
the Staff in the casino area told us that the members rewards cards are not working and new cards could not be created. During the evening we found annoying that the staff would walk around you asking if you wanted a drink even when I had a full drink in my hand. the drinks are not free the casino and I would have two different people ask me if I wanted a drink with less than a minute passing when I had a full drink in my hand. This was very annoying and happened all four nights

The wifi
I had asked the front desk about the paid internet serviced because i had business files i need to download and was told not to get it and that it barely worked. The lady told me it was another company and they don't know any information about it.
The free internet that was provided everyday for 90 minutes was a very poor connection. I used the unprotected internet from the tour company which was better speed than internet provided my hotel. The computers in the sports bar are outdated, very slow and looked like they had been infected with virus and spyware I would not suggest on using them.

The pool bar staff not always friendly and the frozen drinks are made very bad. Would pour the frozen virgin drink in a cup and then put the liquor on top without mixing the alcohol.

The restaurants rui palace
We have tried the restaurants and they're really not worth the time. The Japanese food was made very poorly. The Italian lacked flavor. Really not worth it.

the entertainment at the Riu Palace
We had been shocked at the entertainment was so poorly organized the first 3 days of the shows were really not watchable. Thursday there was a decent show and that was only because the three couples that had been used had been entertaining.

Evening entertainment
Hotel provided very little entertainment on the beach or near the area. After sunset the bar closes in the pool area. We had walked over to the Marriott hotel area during sunset that area was better organization and better entertainment and more friendly staff and house drinks in casino free the casino was also larger and better organized.

I would not suggest doing a wedding or events at this hotel because I have seen a wedding and the bride was no way happy due to the poor organization at this hotel.
Aruba is beautiful, the palm tours was well organized however this hotel is poorly organized. The entertainment really is bad. The food quality is average. The staff is mostly not friendly. I would not stay at the rui palace aruba again even for free. Really not what we expected

To the couples and families if you want professional photos Google Jason Margarita

Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Riu in Aruba the last week of August, I Really don't know why all the negative reviews. The Resort responded to anything we asked for or needed in our room. Room service was VERY fast, but the menu is limited. Each Morning we got 2 pots of coffee and enjoyed the Sunrise, then went to the buffet. The Buffet is all you could ever ask for. If you can't find something you like then you are too PICKY. The pool is Great, Beach is Great. The Resort is in the perfect location, close to shops and MORE FOOD (if your still hungry). Stay at the RIU, you will not be disappointed. Now while is Aruba, rent your own JEEP and see the sites yourself, on your own time. We have been all over the Carribean and we had a GREAT time in Aruba. you MUST go to Natural Pool. What a WILD drive to the pool then jump in and cool off. By far the best is Baby Beach, great place to spend the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the main building and an upper floor, great views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Aruba? Share your experiences!