“What a great place to vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Linda Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Playa Linda Beach Resort to your Saves list
Playa Linda Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 87, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Granite bay, CA
“What a great place to vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to Aruba for a destination wedding and I and some other family members stayed at the Playa Linda. Some other relatives stayed in other nearby Aruba resorts but I think those of us who stayed at the Playa Linda got the best deal. The hotel was great and it's right on one of Aruba's best beaches. Advice: get up early and get down to the beach by 7 am for coffee, beach towels, and to reserve a "chickee" (thatched beach umbrella structure) and your chaise lounges for the day. The free hotel coffee is good, but there is also a Dunkin Donuts outlet on the beach and another one across the street from the hotel, next to Baskin-Robbins. The pool area is nice (not quite as breathtakingly-gorgeous as some of the other more expensive hotels nearby, but it's very very nice - no complaints at all. No swim-up bar- you have to get out and walk a few steps. What a chore!! It's great if you have kids, but the pool's too small to swim laps (use the Caribbean for that). Didn't try the whirlpool spa.

One of the best features is its location. Unlike some other Aruba resorts, there is no road between the hotel and the beach - the beach is right there! But, within an easy walk, there is just about everything a vacationer could want: restaurants, a small but very convenient shopping mall, the hotel parking lot (free for hotel guests).

We sampled some of the hotel's restaurants and the ones we tried were good. The Pelican Nest sits on a pier on the edge of the property. It was good. Prices in Aruba's restaurants are expensive by home standards but typical or reasonable by resort/vacation standards. We rented one, but you really don't need a rental car. There are buses and taxis that you can catch right in front of the hotel. And there's not much need to travel anywhere when you stay at the Playa Linda. Everything you need is within walking distance, or a quick easy bus/taxi ride away (much cheaper). Driving is not a problem in Aruba - there are only a couple of main roads, so you won't get lost, and there's really no need for most vacationers to travel outside the hotel resort and downtown areas. The airport is an easy ride by taxi, so skip the car. If you really do want to see the island's sights, I recommend the 6-hour air-conditioned bus tour (De Palm Tours) that will take you all around to the main sights and give you a nice lunch. Bring your own snorkeling gear if you want to do that at the end.

The only complaint we had about the Playa Linda was that part of the pool area was under construction (August 2014) and neither Expedia nor the hotel never let us know that in advance. They are building an additional pool and a play area for children. Digging the pool meant small construction vehicles were constantly moving THROUGH THE OUTDOOR HOTEL LOBBY AREA carrying loads of dirt to a dumpster parked out front. There was some noise and busy construction traffic between 9am-4pm but it didn't really bother us that much. In fact, it was kind of entertaining to watch the construction from our balcony. The rooms have good sound-proofing, so an afternoon nap wasn't disturbed. The hotel handled the disruption as well as could be as expected.
Our 1-br suite was fantastic. The bed was big and comfortable, nice sitting area with cable TV, futon and sofa-bed, nicely air conditioned, a nice hotel-type bathroom, a full kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, full stove/oven, toaster oven, and post & pans, dishes, silverware, etc. All you need to cook meals is there. There's a small mini-mart right in the hotel to buy food items - not cheap but they really didn't gouge us either - about what you'd expect to pay in any nice hotel. You won't save much if you drive to nearby supermarkets. We bought bagels, cream cheese, and OJ and it was an easy quick breakfast that got us out and down to the beach early each morning. (You can buy full breakfasts on site if you want). Coffeemaker (but no coffee or coffee supplies) in the room. You can buy it if you want or just get free coffee at the beach. Staff was friendly and helpful and conversant in English and Spanish.

I strongly recommend Smokey Joe's restaurant across the street. Some of the best ribs anywhere. Not cheap but worth every nickel.

Room Tip: I suppose higher floors would offer better views, but all rooms seem to have a view. We were happy o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was a great trip back in the summer of 2013. My older sister treated my younger sister and I to a Senior Trip to Aruba, along with another one of our sisters and a family friend. We had such a great time at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been going to playa Linda for over 15 years and I just love it.the front deSk staff is great they are always very helpful. Thanks to junior,Lutmila,diandra and Evelina at the front desk for all there help. Kurt at the beach is always very friendly and nice and always remembers how many lounge chairs I need for the day and sassy at the bar mAkes a great drink.playa Linda is a great place for families and adults as there is always something for everyone

Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have been staying at the Playa Linda for the last 12 years and every year it gets better and better. The overall staff is amazing with their attention to detail and willingness to do everything in their power to be helpful. Our room attendant, Monica Liverpool, is unfailingly prompt and attentive. She always makes sure that our room is neat and clean. The beach attendants are also great. Because of my husband's particular handicap, there are only a few palapas he can sit under. They made sure to reserve one for him for the duration of our stay. We can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed my time at your resort. The food was fantastic. The guests were the nicest I have ever come to know. The staff was simply amazing. ESPECIALLY Ms. Cecil C. who tended to my room, 150, during my stay. She has got to be one of the most amazing people I ever met. I fell I'll while on vacation, so while bed ridden, she went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me feel at home. She chatted with me while she cleaned and even hand washed the dishes in my room. She was definitely a part of my Aruba experience that I will never forget. I am coming back, and if I could be placed in her section of duty again, I would. Amazing.

• Stayed July 2014
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Kirk, the beach attendant, is fabulous, friendly, helpful, welcoming, always remembers your name and rembered my friends from Michigan and made them feel extraordinary welcome!
Remo is a wonderful person as well, he has helped me several times when I got lost. He has helped me find other guests and/or employees.
Yvette Tromp, the concierge in the lobby, has been at the Playa Linda ever since I started coming, 14 years ago. She has helped us in a million ways, only one of which is to make our dinner reservations at great restaurants. I trust her opinion and recommendations a 110%. Not only is she good at her job, she is attractive and actually has great sense of humor!
I also want to mention the beach concierge, Rupert, he has been very helpful as well, made me feel comfortable at all times.
Evelina is always there, always helpful, always welcoming and remembers my name when I arrive. I am so glad I found this place in 1985, they were just finishing it. We have been coming ever since. LOVE this place!
If there was an option to rate this place a 5 plus, I would!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Stanwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice hotel. Great views of the ocean Caribbean Sea really looks lovely from the heart of the beach was lovely new restaurants and choice of different cuisines and plenty of restaurants to choose from from Chinese do Indian to American can't wait to go back to stay there

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Linda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!