I have stayed at this resort over the past 15 years thanks to my parents timeshares. However this was the first time staying without my family, and with my husband on our honeymoon. We had a studio which was perfectly perfect for our needs.
Our room was ready when we arrived to the resort at about 2pm. I was not expecting this, as there were a bunch of rooms still left to be cleaned when we checked in. Our room was on a high floor, facing the pool and ocean which was wonderful. We spent many, many hours on our balcony just enjoying the view and drinks.
We knew of the chickee debacle from our past years, so I got up at about 4:30 every morning just to get a perfect spot. I know this seems crazy, but we knew what to expect going into our trip, add it was a wonderfully quiet, relaxed time. Well....that is until a few other "regulars" showed up. Every morning, a group of retirees would come and monopolize multiple huts, talking at yelling decibels complete with obscenities, watching shows on devices without headphones at loud volumes, etc. The lack of regard for others around them baffled me daily, and even as a young 20-something from the tri-state area I found myself despising the Jersey and nyc accents yelling in my ear all morning. This was a complete downside to our trip, which is the only reason I gave 4 stars.
Although they came and took our room number at 6am, we found that the beach boys didn't bring the lounges until close to 7 most mornings. It's completely unnecessary and a waste of time for those waiting, frankly. A better timed conjunction of the two would help. We would then go nap in our room until 9am and come back down for the day.
We bought our lunch groceries at a close supermarket, which we took a cab to. It saved us a ton of money and let us spend more time on our wonderful balcony.
Azzuro was WONDERFUL!!! Awesome view of the sunset and tasty food.
Overall, we knew what to expect and weren't coming for a full-amenity resort. It was wonderful, relaxing, and the beach was perfect. Bring your own rafts to blow up by the kids club and use them all week! It's unfortunate that others demeanor and lack of concern for others around us soured many of our mornings, but living in the tri-state area, I guess it's (unfortunately) what you have to expect.
We will be back to Playa Linda for many more years on one happy island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Linda Beach Resort offers you all of the unspoiled pleasures of tropical island vacationing at it's best. Situated directly on World renowned white sand Palm Beach one of Aruba's finest and overlooking six miles of breathtaking Caribbean coastline. You'll especially enjoy the resort's swimming pool featuring a lovely waterfall and lush, tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Linda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Linda Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Playa Linda Beach
- Playa Linda Aruba
- Playa Linda Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach