“A wonderful week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Linda Beach Resort

You added Playa Linda Beach Resort to your Saves list
Playa Linda Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 87, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Dimock
“A wonderful week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent a wonderful week at Playa Linda just recently, as guests of family members who own a timeshare week. We felt pampered, safe, relaxed, and just about as "vacation-y" as one could hope to get. All... ALL.... employees were helpful, polite, caring .... and smiling. Help with luggage, taxis, car rentals, restaurant reservations, advice, swimming towel exchanges, information, etc were happily supplied whenever it was needed. The housekeeping folks did a great job, too. The view, the water, the pool, the corridors, were all in perfect order.

My favorite part of the day was enjoying drinks on the beach, or on our balcony, as the sun was beginning to set. My second favorite was swimming in that turquoise water! We also enjoyed shopping, trying out restaurants, driving through the park, and people watching.

P.S. We liked Playa Linda because it WAS mostly quiet. And many, but far from all, people WERE our age. Having children, young families, honeymooners and contented vacationers around us was fun, too! (Yep, we're retired!)

Room Tip: If you can have an upper floor room with a water view, you'll enjoy it more!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

tripadvisor deleted my original review because of some negative comments about a mob of people that took over this place during our stay.
I find their rules to be a moving target and they appear to be letting phony reviews to be slipping in on other resorts. Playa Linda reviews appear to be honest.
Playa Linda personnel deserve recognition for their efforts and excellent service under these conditions.
Playa Linda needs to turn down the volume of the speakers for their aquatic exercises 8:30-10:30 am every morning. Wow the instructor and music can be obnoxious at that loud volume.
The pool is tiny for such a large resort. The beach is nice, but the water is definitely murky. I have my theories. Pollution both boats and people. Rooms are clean, but dated with paper thin walls.
Eagle Beach is not far away and the best beach. The sister resort Coasta Linda ,which is on Eagle Beach, appears fantastic and is where we will stay next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent my last week in Playa Linda/Aruba.This is a time share resort not a regular hotel.You can only make reservation from sunday to sunday ,that means you have to chek out on Sundays at noon and check in AGAIN at 3 PM.(in another room).Nobody told me that when I booked by Expedia.Its not clear in their web site .And guess what?They charge you 25 US for changing rooms,(unbelievble!!).I refused to pay since I did not ask to change my room.

pros:the beach is fantastic.water is not really clear but there was no smell at all.If you go further out ,the botton is reasaly muddy but is deep.You can not touch the botton so no big deal!
the beach staff is friendlly and helpfull.

then rooms are clean , I staied in a 1 bedroomsuite.

negative:
chikees: If you want to get a good one get up early.that means 5 AM.

beach bar : very very rude people working in that place .thers is another bar next door much nicer...

azurro: lots of money for regular food!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PLBRARUBA, Playa Linda Beach Resort Management at Playa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We have read your comments on our resort and want to thank you for the feedback and make sure we reply, as we are very concerned about your comments regarding your stay and the $25.00 charge for changing rooms on Sunday.

Playa Linda is a timeshare resort and you can make reservations with us or Expedia for any day of the week, however if you are not arriving on Sunday occasionally you may be required to change accommodations as at times the same room is not available for the entire stay. We do try to accommodate renters that do not arrive on a Sunday in the same unit whenever possible, but unfortunately due to limited availability this is not always the case. We are sorry that the description on the Expedia’s website was not clear, but they do state on their website that a room change may be necessary.

In terms of charging $25.00 for changing rooms on Sunday is not accurate, and perhaps you were referring to the environmental tax. On August 1, 2013 the Government of Aruba introduced a $3.00 environmental tax for our transient guests, and part of the reform has an impact on the tourism industry. The environmental tax is required and unfortunately cannot be waived. Nevertheless the $24.00 charge for the 8 nights was not charged on your credit card, but was billed to Expedia.

The beach bar is independently owned, however there’s no excuse for any employee to be rude to you. We wish that you would have spoken to the bar manager immediately to address this issue , however we will follow up with the Beach Bar Management regarding your comments, and we certainly apologize for this type of behavior.

From the remainder of your review we noted that you enjoyed different facilities of Playa Linda Beach Resort and hope that you return soon again to our “One Happy Island”
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was at Playa Linda last week with family and had a wonderful time. I was in a studio on the 2nd floor and found it to be comfortable for three people. The rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The beach at Playa Linda is perfect and we enjoyed our time there. The location is wonderful with many restaurants and shops nearby. I can’t wait to go back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I just returned from a week at Playa Linda. I have been to dozens of Caribbean resorts and this is my least favorite. The room was great! Just what we needed for a family with 6 & 9 year old. You get a separate room with a King Bed and a pullout couch and day bed in the main room for the kids. The dinette with full size fridge and stove/oven/microwave was great. Our room was on the first floor and had a view of the air conditioner, but the higher rooms should have a good view.

The biggest downside is the pool and beach. This is the smallest pool I have seen at a Caribbean resort. There are "decorative" rocks surrounding the pool that are of course a façade and are broken with dangerous gaping holes. They are covered with graffiti dating back to 2008 which means they haven't even been painted in 5 years. Now get this, at 11am everyday they move the kids out of the pool so the old folks can do water aerobics. Amazing! You can witness the 60+ crowd with their bingo on the pool deck every afternoon. Not what we were looking for.

I am not going to repeat the other reviews about how bad the beach is, but it is the worst stop on the island. Everything you read is true. The scariest part is when you go to about 5 feet deep the bottom suddenly becomes very soft and you sink into the sand. The sand/quicksand covered my ankles but I was able to pull myself out and get back to shore. Don't go deep.

The good news is that a few minutes north and a few minutes south has wonderful beaches and Playa Linda is a good place to sleep and in the middle of the restaurants and activity if you like that sort of thing.

If you want a quiet beach to relax then try some of the hotels on Eagle Beach. All of the hotels on Palm Beach are surrounded by jet skis/powerboats pulling rafts/tour operators. Look for a hotel south of the Westin to get on Eagle Beach if you want to be away from all of this and only go to the busy Palm Beach when you want a tour.

Room Tip: Try to get the second floor or higher so you can see something.
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very disappointing:
-kids club was dirty, unkempt, movie night was inappropriate (showed a movie with crude humor/language etc.), only one employee, no talent show(which my daughter had looked forward to).

-pool was too small - especially when completely taken up by water aerobics at 11 every single day!

-beach water was murky, muddy and smelly - gross!

-nowhere to eat, especially for our children. a beach bar and an Italian restaurant do give many options. Thank goodness for our kitchenette and the Super Foods store down the street.

-room was great, perfect for our family but wish that I'd known we'd have a view of the side road/parking lot and were right next to the extremely loud elevator. This should have been disclosed prior to my booking.

LOVED Aruba but will not stay nor would I recommend this hotel to my friends or family in the future.

Highlands, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

absolute paradise. this is my second home, I love it. right in the middle of the strip, perfect beaches, comfortable, etc. perfect weather year round. great activities, shopping, and restaurants. beautiful view from the balcony, kitchen, and clean bathroom. Big tv with lots of channels to choose from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Linda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!