“Nice Resort, Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Linda Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Playa Linda Beach Resort to your Saves list
Playa Linda Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 87, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Nice Resort, Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at Playa Linda recently. The beach was beautiful, as was the pool area. So much within walking distance that a car really isn't necessary unless you want to explore the island.

Here's what's included in the unit - full size fridge, stove, microwave, and coffee maker. Hair dryer, daily maid service, and plenty of storage. Ice available in the laundry room or make your own in the unit. Daily beach towel exchange. Morning coffee at the beach and ice water all day. Plenty of shopping and eating choices on site and near by.

We had a second floor one bedroom near the back on the outside, so the view wasn't anything special. While the unit was fine, I found it a bit depressing, especially the bedroom where there were no windows so virtually no natural light. With every light in the room turned on, it was still not well lit. Bed was very comfortable, however. While we occasionally heard noise in the hallway at night, I never heard any noise from the units on either side of us, so sound-proofing was good.

Here's the deal on the "chickees." If you want a first or second row spot, you do need to get to the beach before the attendant comes around to register choices at 6 am, and it IS fun to be near the front for people- and boat-watching. If that's not important to you, there are plenty of open huts into the morning.

One more note - if you like to have a cocktail in your room, buy at the dury-free store at the airport when you arrive. The prices really are half as much as in stores on the island, if not better than half.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
East Rutherford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet trip with little excitement. It is mostly an older family crowd and there is zero night life in the hotel. It is however, terrficly located within walking distance of many restaurants, the mall and quite a few bars. The beach is gorgeous and not one time did I have to wake up extremely early to ensure we got a chickee. The grounds and rooms could use a slight bit of updating but if you're anything like my husband and I you'll barely be in the room to notice. Overall I would recommend Playa Linda to my mother but not to anyone under 55.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nutley, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After reading review on this hotel, I thought we were going to be thrilled with our stay here. I couldn't have been more wrong. To be short and to the point........ The employees were extremely rude, the room was filled with mold and smelled so bad of mildew that I woke up at 2:30 in the morning coughing uncontrollably with glands the size of golf balls. My daughters and I got instantly sick. I stayed up all night our first night there searching for a new hotel and thankfully found a beautiful room in the Hyatt next door. When we first got there and asked for a room change, every staff member gave us a different reason why they couldn't switch our room, and one woman said she could actually move us to a different room for an extra $463 per night. Worst experience ever. If you like clean hotels and friendly people, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PLBRARUBA, Manager at Playa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort. Indeed upon check-in you expressed your dissatisfaction with the condition of the unit you were in, and we have offered you another one bedroom unit. However, you insisted on a two bedroom suite on that Sunday, which unfortunately was not available at the moment and a two bedroom suite was put on hold for you for the following day. Unfortunately we cannot offer free upgrades and there’s a difference in rates for going from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. The rate for a two bedroom with taxes is $463.00 compared to the one bedroom that is less expensive. We are a timeshare resort and members that do put their units up for rent do expect a return.
We offered several options on that Sunday but you mentioned that you will stay in that unit for the night and will change to the two bedroom suite in the morning.

After 2:30 am you approached the night auditor at the desk for alternatives, and he had showed you a couple of units, but still you didn’t like any of them
That morning you spoke to the Front desk manager in the lobby and expressed that you were not satisfied with the accommodations and wanted to leave. Still the Front desk manager mentioned to you that we do have a two bedroom on hold, but you opted to leave anyway. For the inconvenience you experienced that night we waived the 1 night penalty for leaving unexpected and cleared the hold on your credit card.

We are sorry that Playa Linda didn’t exceed your expectations but are relieved it did not spoil your impression of Aruba. At Playa Linda we do have pride in being totally customer friendly and the fact that we are a sold out timeshare resort does bring with it that we do not have the entire room inventory at our disposition. We are very happy, however, that you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt and had an enjoyable vacation in Aruba. We hope your next vacation on the island is a glorious one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at Playa Linda, it is now my favorite place to stay in Aruba. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Playa Linda, we will definitely come back. We weren't exactly thrilled when we got a room on the main floor, but it turned out to be a good thing, we were only a few minutes from the beach, no stairs or waiting for the elevator.
There are three very good restaurants and two places to get breakfast. As well as the bar/restaurant on the pier which we ate lunch at a few times. There are also many restaurants within walking distance. Most, but not all,restaurants in Aruba charge a 15% service charge that gets split among the staff. That is to make up for the guests from countries that don't do the tipping thing. I usually tip 20% so I just threw in another 5% cash which goes to the waiter or bartender.
The room was nothing special but it was clean and the a/c worked great. Full sized fridge in the kitchen, which contained everything to prepare and serve every meal if you want to stay in. It is an older hotel, but clean and cozy and welcoming. It is happy to be what it is, simply a nice place to stay and enjoy the best island in the Caribbean.

It is a timeshare resort, but owners are always renting out their weeks. Usually available on their website. I

I love Aruba and highly recommend Playa Linda. But even if you don't stay here I will recommend that you do NOT go to an all-inclusive in Aruba. There are too many good restaurants to enjoy, don't lock yourself into eating at one hotel. Especially the Occidental, the food is downright awful there and they will hound you nonstop to get you to buy a timeshare.

• Stayed May 2013
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just got back from a 6 night stay at this resort. I will say I stayed with a friend who is a time share owner. This was my first time in the Caribbean and I must say I am hooked. We got there via taxi and that was easy enough and my friend checked us in and then on the screen it tells you if your room is ready, at first it was not but then it was.
The room was 1 bedroom. It included a table with 4 chairs, a daybed, sofa, coffee table. The kitchen was great if you wanted to cook. Oven refrigerator, sink and dishware.
The bedroom was a queen size bed (I think) dresser and 2 thin (armoire like) cabinets that you can hang clothes in and also has a big drawer on the bottom.
The bathroom was my only issue. The fan did not exhaust all too well so it got really steamy in there and there are 2 toilet paper rolls but the place they put them in was really odd.

We ate in the restaurant located by the pool Azzuro. This place was really nice (open air) and the food was really good. I had escargot and chicken parmesan and both were excellent.

The pool is nice but I did not use it. It had a waterfall going into it and it was zero entry.

It took a couple of days to find the gym. The signage is wrong. It is located down by the garage. It looked good but I did not use it.

Each floor had 2 washer machines and 1 dryer near the elevator. These take tokens which can be bought in the lobby. Each machine is equaled to $2.00 and the detergent and fabric softener are also the same amount.

The beach is great. You do have to get early if you want a chickee but you can put a towel down on the beach and lay there if you want to but with the sun it might get really hot. There is a Dunkin' Donuts located on the beach. I preferred Scot's Brats but they do not have coffee. You can rent rafts also on the beach.

The water did smell like rotten eggs a little when you went out further in it. It definitely did not stop anyone from swimming.

There are plenty of good restaurants in the area and plenty of shopping for touristy items.

The casinos are great. I won some money in one of them.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Aruba whether you are renting from an owner or not.

Room Tip: Bring down laundry detergent and fabric softener if you plan on doing laundry.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a guest for 8 days and I sure had a great time. The room was clean and maids kept it that way. The pool was nice and hottubs were clean. The front desk was helpful with suggestions and directions. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed May 2013
NYC,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Clean, beautiful place. Front desk staff was great, very helpful! Ms. Jones is amazing!!!!!!

However, Consigliere desk gave us wrong info for all three of the tours/ dinners we booked. I am glad that I asked the front deal personnel to call the tours the night before or else we would have missed them.

Get to the beach to grab a chickee at 6 am if you want one on the front line. A chickee is the palm tree umbrella on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Playa Linda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!