“Great place, but pass on the consigliere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Linda Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Playa Linda Beach Resort to your Saves list
Playa Linda Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 87, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
NYC,NY
“Great place, but pass on the consigliere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Clean, beautiful place. Front desk staff was great, very helpful! Ms. Jones is amazing!!!!!!

However, Consigliere desk gave us wrong info for all three of the tours/ dinners we booked. I am glad that I asked the front deal personnel to call the tours the night before or else we would have missed them.

Get to the beach to grab a chickee at 6 am if you want one on the front line. A chickee is the palm tree umbrella on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Egg Harbor Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for the past 8 years. We love it and our room. Our maid Adela Ormandy is the greatest. She always makes sure you have what you need and keeps it very clean. She should be your employee of the year she's such a great asset to your hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Easton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Playa Linda is really the greatest place in Aruba- for several reasons. It has the perfect location- in the middle of the most popular Beach, right across the street from the main strip. The "cheekys" outside are right on the water on the beach, service is excellent, and they have several happy hours!!! My favorite vacation !!!

• Stayed May 2013
belleville new jersey usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I love the playa linda. let me start by saying that the housekeeping staff,especially Adela is just wonderful. the rooms are kept immaculate and the people that work there are so friendly and accommodating and I just love it there. the atmosphere is wonderful,friendly and all the people that stay there are nice and friendly. it is a wonderful place for families and children are welcome there. they have a great program for kids. I can't wait to go back next year. anyone thinking about going to Aruba should consider staying at the playa Linda you will have a great time and there's not another place on the island that has a better beach or less wind. it is just wonderful. I can't say enough about it. Love you playa linda!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The higher up you are the better your view. But all rooms have something great for a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
St. Francis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What can I say of my vacation except that I can't wait to return. Playa Linda is excellent, as well as the location. The cleaning crew was always helpful. We enjoyed the trip and can't wait to return. People in Aruba are kind and patient no matter where you go. The weather was exceptional. I don't appreciate getting up at 5:30 am to register a chickie hut, but hey, it's Aruba, you cannot complain. Can't wait to return!!! Isabel in St. Francis.

Room Tip: Try pool side. Nice view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am so guily of reading reviews and never writing them. I could not let the kuddos this resort deserves go unnoticed by our family! My husband and I took our 3 boys ages 7, 4 and 1. We were nervous travelling with the toddler but overall we had the most realxing joyous vacation ever and I give all the credit to the resort we chose. Everyone from the beach attendent to the cleaning crew were so attentive and amazing! Our boys LOVED the kids club! We have been on several cruises with them and they never wanted to go to camp on the boat. We could not keep them out of Little Linda kids club. The young ladies that work there have been there for several years and a lot of the familes that have been going there for years use them as a personal nanny in the evenings. They did so many neat activites with the children. The cutest had to be the talent show where the kids praticed in Little Linda club and danced in front of the whole resort at the pool. Great memories were made! We rented a car to get around for the 10 days we were there but really only needed it for 3 days. We went to baby beach for the day, one of our favorite beaches.. big mama's beach grill will make you homemade Johnny cakes by request only. I love the bacon with egg and ham with egg(these two were enough to feed us all) .. Must try! Back to the resort.. in the morning we would get the most amazing smoothies from a smoothie shack right in front of the resort on the beach, island trimmer was my favorite. I can still taste the fresh watermelon in it now. Playa linda offeres free coffee at the beach in the morning and afternoon so I didn't really have a need to use Dunkin donuts to much that is on property. They also offer free ice water in the same area the coffee is in. Scott's brats is also a great place on property to grab a delicious italian beef sandwhich. I had a great bloody mary there one morning while the kids ate their food. We are itching to go back next winter with the kids. Playa linda is a very special place to us and we plan to create many more wonderful memories there! Oh and my 7 year old won $100 during bingo at the pool! He really thought he was the man! You HAVE to try the Pelican burger and the grouper sandwhich at the restaurant on the pier right by the resort. I'm sure I could go on and on for hours, but the bottom line is this resort is worth a try!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been a member at Playa Linda for 25 years. Everyone who is part of our family has always done their best at their job but I would like you to know of a special circumstance that arose and your employee went above & beyond to help me.

My son and daughter-in-law left their room on 3/17 and headed to the airport. Upon arriving at the airport they realized that my daughter-in-law had forgotten her computer and her small carry on suitcase in the room. She needed the computer for work. They called the Playa Linda, somehow they found me on the beach, they retrieved the computer & suitcase and Walter Mohamed in the Security office had it. As I ran by the front desk to the security office my son was on the phone. I assured him that I would bring the items to him at the airport. The fact that your employees know the members helped the whole situation, making it possible for me to communicate to my son what was going on. I then proceeded to Walter Mohamed's office. At this point I was frazzled and some what frantic from running all over. He immediately tried to help me. I told him that I would get a taxi and ask the taxi driver to deliver it to the airport where my son was waiting for it. He immediately said no I will bring it to him myself to be sure nothing else happens. I said several times to him "are you sure" he said "yes" and asked me to describe my son and Walter was on his way.

His helpfulness gave me peace of mind and I was able to continue to enjoy my day. He is an outstanding employee and should be recognized for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Linda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!