We arrived in Aruba early January 2013, took a taxi to the Playa Linda. We arrived approx 2:30pm. There were at least 8-10 couples/families ahead of us for check-in and once we got to the receptionist we were informed our suite was not ready. Despite our upbeat, happy-to-be-on-vacation mood, I have to say that the front desk staff weren't the most friendly group of people - maybe they were tired? (I did notice that their demeanor seemed to be consistently so-so throughout the week.) We had to keep checking back in with the staff to see if the room was ready. It might have been helpful if someone had offered to come tell us the suite was ready, or give us a means to be informed. By approx 4/4:30pm we were able to go to the rooms. Everything was very clean, welcoming and in working order. We were on the 4th floor, views out to the ocean (with the Radisoon to our left). The kitchen was well equipped - new microwave, traditional sized-stove, full refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, pots & pans. There were papertowels and dish soap upon our arrival - I don't know if these items had been left behind or if they were provided...
There is a commercial washer and dryer located on each floor. Though a bit outdated, they were functional. To save yourself flights of stairs or elevator time, purchase your "tokens" in the concierge's office while you're on the main floor as they are not available on each floor with the machines ($2 per token; the washer takes one token for a regular load, the dryer didn't dry the clothes enough with one token, thus I needed 2 tokesn to dry the clothes.) We also made a point to bring our own liquid laundry soap - glad we did
The concierge is not always available - prep your questions and visit when you see her in her office. We noted no concierge available on Saturday - didn't notice if she was there on Sunday.
The pools are delightful, clean and spacious. The beachfront is superb - per other reviews, you must see the beach attendant in order to obtain your tiki cover. We connected with Rupert who was very helpful on our first day. Most days we were too late to get a cover despite being early risers. In obtaining your towels at the towel hut - note that you have to bring your towel card that you receive upon arrival from the front desk. The hut staff keep your towel card until you leave. You must return your towels prior to 5:30pm to be recorded as having returned the towels. If the hut is closed, hang on to your towels until the next day for exchanges - you don't want to be charged for the towels!
The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job maintaining our suite.
We took a taxi to "downtown" - approx $11 from the resort. Be mindful of cruise schedules - unbeknownst to us, there were several cruise ships in port. This may limit/hinder your restaurant selection but adds lots of fun for "people watching!"
Note that Internet access was challenging. Many bars/restaurants have free wi-fi, ask for their password.
Overall, a wonderful resort - many happy voices heard throughout the week; ours amongst them! ENJOY
There are many restaurants, stores, casinos, etc. all within walking distance, we didn't feel the need to rent a car. There is a "Super Foods" grocery store a few miles before arriving at the high rise hotel area - the bus or a taxi works well.
Note: Arriving on Sundays - we noticed several places are closed on Sundays. If you are taking a taxi from the airport to the "high rise" hotels, it usually costs $25, however, there is an additional $3 fee on Sundays...it doesn't hurt to ask the couples around you if they, too, are going to your resort - share the taxi fees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Linda Beach Resort offers you all of the unspoiled pleasures of tropical island vacationing at it's best. Situated directly on World renowned white sand Palm Beach one of Aruba's finest and overlooking six miles of breathtaking Caribbean coastline, Playa Linda offers you all the unspoiled pleasures of a tropical island, while providing you with all the luxuries of a 5-Star resort. You'll especially enjoy the resort's swimming pool featuring a lovely waterfall and lush, tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Playa Linda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Linda Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Playa Linda Beach
- Playa Linda Aruba
- Playa Linda Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach