Stayed at the Playa Linda Resort, June 19-26 in Unit 231 with a friend who has been staying there for years. The unit was in good shape. The only thing that needed work was the bathroom door needed to be adjusted. The unit was a one bedroom (could sleep five using the sofa bed and day bed) with an ocean view over the pool area. It was well outfitted and my friend fixed several meals in the kitchen. Had two flatscreen tv's and you can purchase wifi cards for use with your laptops on the property. There was also an internet access company in the lobby if you don't want to pack your laptop. My Blackberry worked everywhere on the property. All of the public areas were clean and well maintained and all of the staff was very friendly and professional. The pool and beach had enough ckickees (palapas) that everyone was able to find shade, if needed from the strong Aruban sun.The beach in front of the resort was beautiful and clean.
There are so many bars and restaurants in the immediate area that I will not list them, but here are a few. The Dunkin Donuts/Baskins Robbins right on the beach was terrific for early risers. Dushi Bagels and Burgers was great for a casual lunch. Azzurro Ristorante Italiano was fantastic the night we ate there. We liked Amuse Bistro so well that we ate there two nights in a row. If the chef has cherry ice cream on the menu, don't miss it! We also ate lunch at Cafe Belgium at the shopping mall nearby and it was good. My friends had dinner the week before at Texas de Brazil accross the street and said it was extremely good.
Since this is a condo property there were a number of families with children, but they were all well behaved at the pool and the beach. The week I was there, the crowd was pretty sedate, so if you are looking to party hard or hook up with someone, this is probably not the resort for you. It was perfect for us, a perfect "chill pill" vacation for the stressed professional. We sunned, swam, drank, ate and got really relaxed. Hated to leave.
We did a half day tour of Aruba with another friend and I have to say that for a desert caribbean island it is a beautiful island, very clean and well organized. Everyone spoke fluent English and accepted US dollars. I found it refreshing also, that no one tried to sell me anything on the beach or approached me to sell timeshares the entire time I was in Aruba. Hated to leave.
I flew from Dallas through Miami. I understand there is a flight from Houston every Saturday, so next time I will go through Houston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Linda Beach Resort offers you all of the unspoiled pleasures of tropical island vacationing at it's best. Situated directly on World renowned white sand Palm Beach one of Aruba's finest and overlooking six miles of breathtaking Caribbean coastline. You'll especially enjoy the resort's swimming pool featuring a lovely waterfall and lush, tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Linda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Linda Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Playa Linda Beach
- Playa Linda Aruba
- Playa Linda Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach