Manchebo Beach is a quaint, small hotel - I think 72 rooms and two stories. It isn't perfect nor does it try to be. It has charming features like the hut type beach umbrellas, lovely lobby with bookshelves, great bar, and a beautiful venue for weddings, large luncheons or dinners, etc. It is quiet, feels secluded and is away from the cramped beaches, high rises and noise. The evenings are peaceful and for the most part calm unless there is a wedding. Even then, the rooms are sound enough to block out most noise.
The property has a nice French Steakhouse with very good food & service. The cafe for lunch is Pega-Pega and the food is more "fast food" type and very good. The tropical drinks are great!
Ike's Bistro offers a good, hearty breakfast buffet for around $19.
The ocean view rooms are spacious and have nice bathrooms with spacious showers. The bed was comfortable and had a ceiling fan overhead.
The real star of this hotel is the beach. It's the best on the island. The sand is soft & powdery and is very large. The best part is that it is not crowded. There is plenty of room for hotel guests - no need to reserve lounge chairs. The beach attendant will take your order for lunch or drinks and bring them to you.
The spa was also very nice. The spa itself seems to be a little on the worn side, but even that was ok given that it was on the beach. My spa hut had a nice breeze blowing through and the hot stone message was outstanding.
Yoga classes are available and a fitness center is being constructed.
Just across the street you will find Bob's Pizza. It offers very good pizzas at reasonable prices. Also, down the street is a nice market with fresh fruit and sandwiches as well as beer, soda, etc.
There is also a Dunkin Donuts (and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream), Juan Valdez Coffee Shop, piano bar, Subway, and several other clothing, souvenir shops. This is also the location for the Alhambra Casino.
The hotel staff is friendly, professional and will go out of their way to help you with reservations, taxis, etc. Tamara and Swinda were especially helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The newly-renovated Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offers a variety of massages, body treatments and yoga & Pilates classes. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro and French Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach