“Great location, beautiful beach, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa

You added Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard | 55, Palm - Eagle Beach 99999, Aruba   |
Special Offer
FREE MOJITO & WIFI
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, beautiful beach, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This resort is definitely a good value for what you get. The beach is incredible, well maintained and never crowded (at least during off season - cant speak for peak season!) the rooms are comfortable and overall clean, however the bed linens could be better maintained. I am very particular about having spotless sheets when I stay in a hotel, and pretty much every set of sheets we had had some kind of mark or stain. The restaurants are great, we would highly recommend Ike's bistro - exceptional food, we liked it way more than the French Steakhouse. Overall a great experience, we would go back to this resort again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. With over 50 beach palapas for just 72 rooms the beach indeed never feels crowded. Glad you enjoyed our new restaurant concept Ike's Bistro serving Mediterranean & Caribbean cuisine along the pool under the stars.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We decided to book our vacation at Manchebo after reading so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. SO glad we did. Upon check in, we were notified that we were upgraded to the one-bedroom suite. It was SWEET! The unit was very well decorated and the bedroom is huge. It was nice to have a separate living area, even though it was just the two of us. Manchebo is situated on Eagle Beach which is hands down the best beach on Aruba. There is plenty of room between each palapa and you really don't have to get to the beach at the crack of dawn to get a good spot. The sand is white and soft and the water is crystal clear and refreshing. Everyone at the resort was friendly. A special shout out to Carlos, he took care of setting us up everyday at the beach. Yoga at the pavilion was wonderful. I took the morning classes and the "students" ranged from novice to pro. Don't hesitate to take a class, you'll be glad you did. It was nice to listen to the wind blow through the palm trees and the birds singing during class. Can you think of a better way to start your day??? The spa... I had the best hot stone massage I've EVER had in my life. I left feeling NO stress, it was amazing. The spa is like an oasis. It's just beautiful and so relaxing. We ate dinner at Ike's Bistro, very good food and a nice atmosphere dining next to the pool. Manchebo, we'll definitely be back. Save me the one-bedroom suite for our return visit next summer!!

Room Tip: Go for the suite - it's very spacious and well decorated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your nice trip review. Glad you enjoyed all of the things that make the Manchebo a special place for so many including the great food, spacious beach, great massages and so much more. See you back next time.
Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my fifth stay at Manchebo. Once again, I enjoyed the peace and quiet, the beautiful ocean view and the relaxed atmosphere. They have new lounge chairs for the beach and I think the lounge chairs by the pool are new also. All the improvements of the past couple of years look really nice, from the renovated rooms and baths, to the wood shutters, to the thatched roof, even a thatched roof over the pavilion and the glass balconies. The new paint looks good too, like a beige color now, gives the hotel a fresher look. I like the smaller boutique hotel, with just two floors. It never feels crowded. Service at Manchebo is excellent! I like how the little shops have popped up across the street and it is nice to just walk over to the small market and pick up a bottle of Havana Club rum from Cuba or other items, for the fridge in the room. There is a casino across the street and a couple of restaurants, too. See my previous reviews. I always hate to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glad to read you enjoyed our small boutique hotel located on Aruba's widest stretch of beach. Thank you for returning to Manchebo for so many years already.
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived in Aruba just after noon time and picked up a rental the drive to Manchebo was less than 10 min. down the road. As we pulled into the parking lot I could see how wonderful this resort was going to be. Before we could get the trunk open a very nice man arrived and took our bags and showed us to the front desk. The people were very friendly and helpful with suggestions and hooking up free wifi. A young lady arrived a short time later with to drinks on a tray and a warm cookie. the bellman carried our bags to our room and took all the time needed to explain the room and safe to us. We went down to the beach and was met by a young man who setup our chairs and towels and offered us a cocktail. this service happened every morning as our feet hit the sand. the beach was extreemly claen and water was perfect. If your travels take you to ARUBA I recommend this hotel for you pleasure.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 62 and had a great view of beach from our balcony also the airconditioner was fant...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
How nice to read that you enjoyed the great service of our team everyday - it makes us all feel very proud here at the resort especially your review header - A Diamond Everyday
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Manchebo. We were looking for something quiet, relaxing, and personal, and that's exactly what we got.

The service is top notch. Jason made us feel like royalty every time we ate at Ike's. Lucy is the hardest working person I've ever seen on a beach, providing tremendous service to beach goers so they never have to leave their palapas. All of the bartenders at Pega Pega were friendly, smiley, personable, and made great drinks (the mojitos are the best we've ever had, and the Manchito, Manchebo Breeze, and Te Del Diablo are also highly recommended).

The beach is perfect. Quiet, spacious, and you never have to fight to get a palapa. Every single day we went, we were able to walk onto the beach around peak late-morning/early-afternoon time and find an open palapa. The beach is so great that the pool never had more than four people there at a time.

We opted for the all-inclusive and ended up happy we did. All of the food and drinks on-site are outstanding. The food at Ike's was particularly good. We must've eated at least 3/4ths of that menu and loved all of it. Pega Pega's lunches were better than we expected from such a humble-looking place, including the best fish tacos I've ever eaten. We only ate at the Steakhouse once, but that's more due to how much we enjoyed Ike's rather than any kind of indictment of the Steakhouse. We added up the total of all our receipts afterwards and found that our food and drinks totaled twice as much in dollar value what we paid to make the stay all-inclusive. So yeah, totally worth it!

We only had two minor gripes: 1) The bathroom in our room. It looked all nice and modern, but the lighting around the sink wasn't very good for shaving, the toilet ran and the seat/lid never seemed to want to stay up, and the ultra-modern shower with no tub splashed water all around the base of the toilet. 2) The wristband we had to wear for our all-inclusive package was annoying since it wasn't something we couldn't take off. If I had a dollar for every time it nearly ripped my nipple off while showering or applying sunblock, I'd probably have a good $10.

Those gripes weren't enough to make this stay anything less than a five-out-of-five review. It was exactly what we wanted, and we couldn't be happier with the honeymoon Manchebo helped us have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad to read you enjoyed a great honeymoon at our resort. Nice compliment for our team of chefs, bartenders and waiters who created a nice all-inclusive experience for you as well with all of the great food & cocktails they prepare every day. We look forward to welcome you back for many anniversaries to come.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let me say that I stayed at Manchebo over a decade ago and then it was run down and needed a lot of work. Well, this time was totally different and I'm glad I gave this pearl another chance. For us, checking in was easy. Our flight was delayed over 4 hours so we were tired and anxious to get to our room. We were checked in quickly and were immediately given towels for the pool/beach. There were many nice touches at Manchebo. Our room was a nice size and the furnishings were modern. The bed was VERY comfortable, although, we would have liked a flat sheet between the blanket and the bed. I found it odd that there wasn't one. Anyway, we slept like babies. The bathroom was also modern with a flat floor plan. At first I thought this was really cool but after showering more than once you find that too much of the bathroom is soaked. There is a small cooler in the room (nice touch!) for you take to the beach, a Keurig coffee maker, flat screen TV, plenty of shelf and drawer space, AC which works great, safe, hair dryer, and even an Ihome dock (clock radio) for your ipod. They didn't miss much. I hope they keep up the rooms well. The room was so nice. My only real complaint is the floor to our room seemed to be filthy. The bottom of my feet were were black after walking on the floor for 2 minutes. So I kept my slippers on while I was in the room. I saw housekeeping sweeping but I never witnessed mopping.
Everyone who works here is professional and friendly. These people work very hard. Sandy always greeted us with a smile and ready to help and even chat a bit you'd like. The staff worked very hard on this property. There was always someone cleaning, and people painting the exterior of the rooms. Our room was cleaned well. The only thing misstep here was one morning we were enjoying the comfortable bed so much we decided to sleep a little longer in the morning and someone tried and opened the door to our room!...luckily I was aware enough that I put the 'chain/bar' lock on the door whenever we were in the room. We always saw people who seemed to be management. It was nice to see that management was actually checking on things. One day I decided to take advantage of the fact that there's actually a washer and dryer on the ground floor for people to use. Unfortunately, someone prior to me must have mistakenly left gum for something in their clothes and put it in the dryer. There was what seemed like gum all over. A well dressed, well spoken young lady approached me and asked what was wrong. I told her of my situation and before I knew it I had one of the staff cleaning out the dryer. He must have spent 20 minutes making sure it was clean. The cleaning staff stopped to help him and every couple of minutes someone came by to check on the status. Nice to see everyone works together.
The beach is gorgeous! Ocean...gorgeous! What more can I say. It's clean and we didn't have too much trouble finding a palapa. The lounges and chairs are all in good condition. I see why we saw the same people day after day in the same spot on the beach. You can walk the entire beach. Spend at least some time by the pool. The pool/water is wonderful and it didn't seem to ever be crowded.
Ike's cafe for breakfast was okay. Pricey for a so-so menu. Pega Pega for lunch..again pricey for so-so. Also, they ran out of a lot drink-wise very quickly but the two for one's are a good deal. Ike's cafe for dinner was wonderful. I recommend a reservation to sit pool-side. We ate at the French Steakhouse twice. The first time it was great, the second time I was very disappointed. My fish was over-cooked and spouses filet mignon was very tiny.
All-in-all a wonderful vacation! Aruba is my favorite place and we will visit Manchebo Beach again - soon I hope.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed our little piece of paradise And thank you for giving us another chance after your last visit 10 years ago. With a 5-star beach the resort is now also a solid 4-star environment after the renovations of the last 3 years. We look forward welcoming you back for years to come.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It’s a shame there is no 4 and a half star award as that is what I’d give.

After hours of extensive research on the first Sunday and Monday of June for a much needed break away for my partner and I, we decided to book the Manchebo and visit Aruba for the first time. We booked for 7 nights from Friday 07/06/2013. After reviews from family and friends who have cruised to island and after viewing recent comments and photo's on TripAdvisor regarding the Manchebo was fairly confident we made a good choice.

We booked the flight separately and it is just a shame Thomson are the only airline to fly direct from the UK as it's woeful, even with the upgrade to their so called premium seats! Thomson also failed to provide our entire plane with VISA documents so upon our arrival had to complete and fill out this form, provided by Aruba customs and then re-queue! Thanks Thomson. 0/5 for them! That’s only half of what happened there and back, but this is about Manchebo, so let’s carry on.

We didn’t book any flight transfers prior to arriving as it’s such a small island and the Manchebo only looked a little way down the road. Upon arriving we walked outside the airport, found the taxi rank being organised by a controller and hopped straight in a taxi (No wait). 15USD and 10 mins later arrived at the Manchebo. Good start.

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff and much needed Mojito’s! Couldn’t have received a more pleasant welcoming! We then started our journey to our room being shown the Dinning areas, Pool and Bar and then WoW!!! We booked a Ground Floor Deluxe Balcony Ocean View Room and it’s more than what we expected… Beach 20 metres, Bar 25 metres Pool 25 metres and the View OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! We got settled in just after 3pm and the amazing view actually had us sitting on the balcony drinking cocktails until 11pm without budging! Never have I felt so relaxed and welcomed at a new resort. By the way… The sunsets not bad either! Incredible! Peaceful! No wild children!!!  We retired to our hotel room at around 11:40 extremely pleased with our choice of resort and got into probably a Carlsberg bed… (For the Non English residents… Probably the most comfortable bed in the world! No exaggeration)

In the evenings we found ourselves by the bar on occasion and then for the most part sitting and drinking on our Balcony enjoying our much needed couple breakaway from the world. The beach was very spacious and not cramped up, only literally 6-10 people in the sea at any one time (over around every 200 yards). There was also staff on the beach taking drink and food orders. The sand and sea are like in the pictures, beautiful. If you’ve been to Bermuda then you won’t be disappointed here as in my opinion it’s on a par with Horseshoe so imaging that with a relaxing and spacious atmosphere.

My PRO’S: Amazing friendly staff. Relaxing and Peaceful Atmosphere. Perfect Location. Stunning Views. No Loud music, perfect background music. No wild, screaming and out of control children. Well cooked and seasoned Food. Beach outstanding. 10-15 minutes from the airport (No Airport Traffic Noise) and your on the beach. Taxi rates are reasonably fare compared to London. (9USD from Manchebo to the High Rise if you want to go to a decent Casino / 15-20 USD to Airport). On site security also is a bonus.

My only niggles (FOOD). And I am only being fussy. The food was very well cooked and seasoned. The Beach burger was tremendous, steak was awesome and the chicken divine, however there wasn’t much else on the menu’s to choose from if you do not like fish. I understand and was prepared for the majority of food to be fish based being within the Caribbean boundaries but a few simple other choices would be better as vegetarians may well struggle. I am 100% sure the hotel would cater for vegetarians as everyone is so welcoming and friendly whilst we were there so don’t be put off. I am taking my parents there in Easter and my mother is vegetarian.

If you need to get away to a quiet little resort to relax with stunning views in a beautiful location and feel welcome with extremely friendly staff then this is the hotel for you. We couldn’t have wished for a more perfect setting and hotel than the Manchebo and we shall definitely be returning in Easter 2014. Can’t Wait.

We've found our home away from home.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to an Ocean View you seriously won't be disappointed. We stayed in room 6 on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful detailed review. Glad to read you had such a wonderful vacation at our resort. As we are going more and more into a wellness direction your comments about more vegetarian options is much appreciated.

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!