“Cosy hotel right on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard | 55, Palm - Eagle Beach 99999, Aruba   |
Special Offer
FREE WIFI & MOJITO
Oslo, Norway
“Cosy hotel right on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed in a Superior Garden room. Spacious and freshly decorated. The bathroom was newly refurbished as well. My room was not facing the sea, and it was in the buildingfurthest away, but it was still just a 1-minute walk maximum to the beach.

Staff very welcoming, and the ladies at breakfast were always smiling and up for a chat.

Mostly couples at the hotel, no children. It was a very nice hotel with a lovely ambience.

The French Steakhouse restaurant was good, and they had a good wine list.

The hotel has quite a large stretch of the beach, so it never feels crowded, and there was always beach loungers available.

All in all a good hotel. One of the smaller ones in the area, which i enjoy more than the larger resort type of hotels. Good for couples.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The rooms on ground floor have a patio and most are just a few steps from the sa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Great to read that you enjoyed our cosy and laid-back atmosphere. We love it when guests are having a great Caribbean vacation experience along our wide stretch of beach.

1,342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Don't let this review deter you from staying at Manchebo resort. It may very well be the great place many reviewers say it is. All I can tell you is that I couldn't wait to relax on the beach with nothing but the ocean providing the soundtrack. I also splurged on an ocean view room as I wanted to be able to sit on the patio/balcony and relax to the sound of the waves. So coming from this perspective, I can say with confidence you will not find the opportunity to do that at Manchebo Resort. For some odd reason they play non stop radio music during the day and beginning at 5pm add keyboards, followed by a saxaphone that lasts into the night. I can appreciate their desire to provide entertainment, however the "resort" is so small that there is nowhere you can go on the property and be able to get away from the music. Needless to say days and nights are spent listening to their music rather than enjoying the beautiful ocean sounds. And hey, maybe their music is good, who knows, I am probably not the best person to judge since I want it turned off.

Since I only came here to relax and in a peaceful and tranquil environment, I can say that regardless of how clean the rooms are, how good the food may be, how courteous and accomodating the staff is (I asked to change rooms because I was right next to the restaurants that have their live music and they were very accomodating - trouble is although the new room is about as far away from the music as one can get, it's still easily heard in the new room and on it's ocean view balcony), not being able to enjoy the ocean is the overriding sentiment from my stay. If there was zero stars, I would gladly award it to Manchebo Resort. I just can't imagine why I would ever pay any amount of money to go on a beach vacation where there is no opportunity to choose when I can relax in peace and quiet and enjoy the lull of the ocean.

I will not be back at Manchebo which is a matter of my personal preferences. You may have a completely different experience. If you don't care about non-stop music that drowns out the beach no matter where you are, I am certain you will find this an enjoyable little hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Appreciate your on-line feedback as well as the the conversation during your stay at our intimate beach and spa resort. I am sorry that our resort experience did not live up to your expectations. Although we may be one of the most relaxing and laid-back resorts on the island featuring just 72 rooms and Aruba's widest stretch of beach, most of our guests enjoy the steel-pan music and acoustic guitar entertainment we provide at the Pega-Pega Bar during happy hour as well as the saxophone music at Ike's Bistro 3 days a week. I agree that it should certainly not be overwhelming and have spoken with the staff about that.
laCrosse,WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa with a new family in our hearts. First off I researched endlessly for the perfect place to vacation....trust me this resort did not let us down. We arrived very late......and was met by Junior. This gentleman was engaging and welcoming to us tired travelers. Our room was on the second floor,nicely decorated with the best beds and linens that we could ask for. The next ten days were wonderful, with the staff going beyond themselves at every chance. We even had the security guard find a air hose to blow up our floaters that we used all week and left for other guests to use. Breakfast was great, with Diane, Anne ( and many others) making sure our morning started out the best. Lunch was at the Pega Pega bar...again, being attended to by many wonderful "friends"....(Lincoln was amazing...so hard to say good bye to him!)
We ate at Ike's several nights...with the chef personally coming out to make sure we were happy with our meals. We could not of been happier! Make sure you have a cocktail in the bar at Ike's first...Carmen is so engaging and attentive!
Housekeeping was great...our room was always clean. Our room was number 40, upstairs. I do think that next time we will do downstairs...ground floor has more room to stretch out and is closer to the beach...after all one doesn't want to walk too far.
We also ate at Pizza Bobs, Elliot's ( Suzy is the sweetest,attentive waitress), Ginger and Fusion. These are located across the street. All were great....Fusion is a great wine and cigar bar! FYI...do not buy Cuban cigars as they are not allowed back in the states.
Manchebo Beach Resort is now our second home. Next year we plan on a longer visit,with our new friends and " family". I had a chance to tell Edgar, the resorts manager, what a great staff he has! Do tell him when you see him!
Without a doubt this is a 10+ resort......thanks to the staff for making this a great vacation.

Room Tip: Ground level is better as you can sit out side, stretch out in your patio chairs and walk to the bea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. Great to see that all of the Trip Reviews and your endless research brought you to the Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa. Appreciate you mentioning some of the wonderful employees that make the Manchebo this special place. We look forward to welcome you back as well for many year to come.
Island Park Nerw York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I visited Manchebo for the second time from April 19-23, and, once again, realized why no matter where I have been in the Caribbean, Manchebo continues to be better! As other reviewers say, it feels like you are "coming home." From the smiling welcome at the front desk (with a delicious Mojito added!), to the wide, beautiful beach (so unlike the crowded beaches of the Palm Beach area, where you have to arise at 3:00 AM in order to claim a palapa!), Manchebo is perfection to me. To illustrate the kindness of the staff, I had to go to a nearby druggist to get some medication I forgot. The drugstore was in walking distance, but I had never been there before. Instead of verbally giving me directions, one of the staff offered to walk me there, which was so kind! The rooms are lovely--this time we stayed in a garden view room, and outside of our terrace was a lovely, peaceful garden with a bubbling fountain. Another perk is the nearby casino, a three-minute walk from Manchebo. I can't wait to go back next winter!

Room Tip: Every room is nice, and re-done.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback and great to read that you had another fantastic time at the resort. See you back next winter for some sun-sand-sea-smiles
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I chose Manchebo for all the reasons that others have listed in previous reviews...location on the island (Eagle Beach), physical type of resort (low-rise and limited, approx 70, rooms), ambiance of resort (low-key, adult vs. children atmosphere, spa, quiet/relaxing), and reported availability of palapas! Our experience was as we hoped!

Although we arrived a day late due to weather issues (and did not have travel insurance of course!) we settled in immediately. Manchebo is a small resort, easy to navigate, with hardworking and friendly people. The clientele is a mix of US and European. The room (1st fl) was extremely clean and fresh and the decor was as pictured on web - very inviting with plenty of storage, micro, fridge, comfy bed and that rain shower head everyone comments on! We ate at Ike's Bistro most nights (never went to the Steakhouse) which has a very good menu. Portions were adequate and most items pretty healthy. The scallops and cerviche apps were delicious...had them every night. The steak was actually one of the best items on the menu but usually had the fish specials! Breakfast was very adequate with a mix of European items (cold cuts, cheese) and American (an egg offering every day, turkey sausage, bacon), fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, breads/pastry as well as a la carte. All was good. Had lunch at Pega Pega a couple of times - fish tacos. First day was fabulous, second day ok. Different cooks I think! The bar, and more so the bartenders, were great. Enjoyed chatting with Lincoln (what a really nice person), and our waitresses all, and especially Carlos! Carlos was always available to direct us to a palapa and setup our lounge chairs on that beautiful Manchebo beach. (Plenty of space!) Plus he's just a good guy. We stayed on the beach every day and totally enjoyed the peace and beauty of the beach and ocean. Their yoga program onsite was well attended. Would highly recommend this resort for a beautiful, calm, quiet, beach vacation. There is even a Dunkin (coffee) store across the street - yeah!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
So nice to read you had a wonderful time at our resort and thank you for recommending us to the readers of the TripAdvisor community. Your in-depth review will be much appreciated. And by the way I can only agree that the Scallops and Corn as well as the Ceviche appetizers at Ike's Bistro are superb and my personal favorites as well. The ceviche is of course prepared with a Caribbean touch as our Chef Ever de Pena mixes the seafood with fresh island mango and avocado. Delicious!!!
West Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I needed a relaxing vacaction, one without stress. I did alot of research on Tripadvisor for spots in Aruba and chose Machebo. What a great choice it was! Upon arrival we were taken to our room by a pleasant and smiling employee (Jones) who gave us the lowdown of the property. The room was great (the rain shower is a great touch) and we loved the iguanas that greeted us each morning. We were tired from the flight so we decided the next day to order room service. The fruit plate and coffee hit the spot! We then headed out to the palapas and met Carlos who found us one and also found some lounge chairs for us! The beach was not overcrowded. definetely a more relaxing, adult atmosphere opposed to the high rise hotels more hustle and bustle atmosphere. The pega pega bar was right near the beach and the the bartenders are the best! (shout out to Fanny and Pheobus!). The week we spent here was the most relaxing time we have ever had. And no I do not work for Manchebo! But you know what, I would if I could!

Room Tip: If you want to save a little money, choose a garden view room. we enjoyed the ocean during the day a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review. So much for TripAdvisor bringing you to our resort for your most relaxing vacation ever. Appreciate you pointing out some of our great team members who make it happen for our guests. And as for job opportunities - sure let me know what you are up to. Cheers
Manlius, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went Manchebo for our Honeymoon and had a wonderful time. The resort is small and located on the most beautiful beach in Aruba! Our room was perfect- very clean,a great shower & the most comfortable bed. All the food was great and they make the best frozen drinks around. We got the all inclusive honeymoon package which included a couples massage at the spa which was fantastic, also a romantic dinner on the beach under the stars which was so special. The entire staff is very friendly - we had a relaxing vacation, We will go back!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room on the first floor, you literally walk out onto the beach!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great to hear you had a wonderful honeymoon and got to enjoy all of our resort amenities. The team looks forward welcoming you back for many anniversaries to come!

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!