“A slice of paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard | 55, Palm - Eagle Beach 99999, Aruba   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE MOJITO & WIFI
Boston, Massachusetts
“A slice of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my first trip to Aruba and I will definitely be back and it will most definitely be at Manchebo! My partner, friend and I we were looking to escape the brutal New England winter for fun in the sun and r n' r and Manchebo was the perfect destination. The resort is clean and intimate - it offers all of the amenities required for a relaxing and indulgent beach bum vacation (we went all inclusive). The staff is friendly and accommodating. At check in we were welcomed by refreshing mojitos and I instantly felt relaxed. We staked out our palapa every morning before breakfast to ensure the perfect spot. The continental breakfast offered a nice balance of choices. I particularly enjoyed the fresh fruit, greek yogurt and homemade granola. We spent our days on the beach lingering in the sun and surf. The weather was perfect every day - 80's, low humidity and a constant tropical breeze. The beach was unbelievable - the sand was soft and white, the water was a breathtaking turquoise blue color and refreshing. The beachside cocktail service was a welcomed treat. Lunch alfresco at Pega Pega was enjoyable - the fish tacos were my favorite! We alternated our 5 dinners between The French Steakhouse and Ike's, alfresco again, of course and never felt like our options were limited. Overall, I was very impressed by the food at Manchebo - it far exceeded my expectations for resort dining! I visited Spa del Sol twice - once for a massage and again for a mud wrap. The facility was rustic and tranquil and the staff was attentive and professional. If you are looking for a relaxing and indulgent beach escape, I would highly recommend Machebo. I cannot wait to return next year!

Room Tip: We had a garden view room on the first floor. It was very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Glad you enjoyed paradise. Looks like you really enjoyed all of the great things that make the Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa a special place. Our great team of chefs, the wonderful spa, the great beach and foremost our friendly staff. Thank you as well for recommending our resort to the millions of trip reviewers of the TripAdvisor community.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Originally we had booked a place in St. Lucia but cancelled due to bad reviews about the beach. We are "beach bums" and wanted to get away to the nicest beach we could find without going broke. After much research and thakns to all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we picked Manchebo Beach Resort in Aruba. We had never been to Aruba and didn't know what to expect.

Our criteria was #1-an awesome beach, no seaweed, safe to swim, warm waters, #2 quiet mature resort --no drunken college brats crowding the pool or being loud and obnoxious, #3 reasonably priced and "clean" accommodations, #4 reasonably priced all-inclusive with decent food that you won't get bored of.

We just returned from a week in Aruba (3/8/2013) and to our wonderful surprise --Mancebo Beach Resort & Spa in Aruba met all of our needs! From a score of 1-10 (10 being best), Manchebo is a #10 for all the things we wanted and also excellent service!! We learned that most of the staff had been there for more than 20 years!!
and that the customer return rate was 60%+. Based upon the great experience we had, I can definitely see why and hope to add to the 60% in years to come!.

Of special note, is the wondefully friendly service staff..I regret that I cannot remember all the names of the staff who were great but special thanks to Jason, June, Magdelena, Adele and the nice person who puts out the beach chairs. The customer service was consistently great!

The resort customers were a great mix of mostly Europeans (Netherlands), Latin Americans and Americans. Average age was much older (50+) with a few young newlyweds here and there. If you are looking for a place to party with other newlyweds, go some place else! If you are looking for a nice peaceful romantic wedding gettaway that won't break the bank, Manchebo is a sweet
little place.

Although the resort only has 3 dining places, the food selection and quality was EXCELLENT!
Although there's a lot of great dining places in Aruba, we never got bored and didn't feel the need to go outside for the week that we were there. If we had stayed longer, we would have
ventured out just to explore.

The one time that we left the resort to go windsurfing and see the butterfly farm, we ran into the
high-rise resort area and were even more happy that we picked Manchebo! The high-rise hotel areas (Palm Beach strip) is AWEFUL!, tons of seaweed, crowded beaches, noisy obnoxious (feels like college spring break) tourists and over-priced restaurants. We walked through the area and could NOT WAIT to get back to Manchebo's quiet peaceful beach where there's so much space between people and you can't even hear anyone! Manchebo has the WIDEST beach front
with NO SEEDWEED! Awesome sand too!

Okay, can you tell that we loved Manchebo? :)

Anyway, in all honesty, we had the best island beach experience at Manchebo and would not hesitate to come back! I only hope that the high-rise resorts don't continue to pop up everywhere and bring in the same "noisey disrespectful spring break crowd" that Mexico, PR and Jamaica attract! It would definitely take away from the charm of the people of Aruba and the country!

Thank you Manchebo for such a wonderful vacation and experience!
From room #59

Room Tip: Mancebo is one of the original resorts in Aruba dating back 40+ years. They are continuing to always...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. So much for TripAdvisor and your thorough research that brought you to our resort!!! Glad we met all of the criteria and thank you for the perfect score 10. Needless to say this makes our team very proud. We look forward welcoming you back for another Caribbean beach-bum vacation in the near future.
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Rooms are super clean and comfortable.Food excellent. Steak house restaurant was superb. Staff attentive and friendly. Beach is lovely and relaxing. Plenty of beach chairs and towels. Chair side service, if you like. We will definitely return. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Requested a ground level room and we got this. Convenient to everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Appreciate you sharing your recent vacation experience at the resort. I will make certain to share your comments with our culinary team. They love to pamper our guests with delicious fresh caught fish and tender steaks. We look forward welcoming you back.
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is older but very well maintained, the staff more then make up for it.
Food is incredible and service was quick and courteous.
They helped us book day trips with a smile and had great recommendations on activities. We were picked up at the front desk at the times we were told every time.
We rented a car for the week and traveled the island to I think every beach. Manchebo is by far the best beach on the island and the cleanest. Less crowded then Eagle beach and better views.
Walk out your door and you are there. The pictures don't do it justice and the sunsets are beautiful.
Everyone you meet is happy and they greet you with a hello and a smile. They tended to every need we could ask for.
I don't know how ANYONE could give this place less the 4 stars.
This is for me the best place to stay on the island and we look forward to returning to Manchebo again.

Room Tip: We did the ocean view room. This is a 2 story hotel. If you can try to get the lower level. We staye...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a very nice review and for a perfect score. Glad you enjoyed the resort and the happy and relaxed atmosphere.
Chester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nothing fancy, but oh my... it's like your favorite old shoe. The place is always clean and well cared for. I was happy to see that the rooms/bathrooms have been updated. Very pleasant and pretty. The staff is warm and knowledgeable. Best beach on the whole island. Do wish there were more huts and more responsive beach employees that made themselves more visible.... Everyone runs out at the crack of dawn to grab a hutch and it stresses me. I love this place and have been going there for over 12 years. Was there last February and can't wait to return again.

Room Tip: Beach front if you like that "living on the beach" feeling
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. Glad to see that Manchebo is like coming home for you. We certainly take care of the beach huts. Although we have over 50 huts for 72 rooms we will shortly be adding some more to make it all perfect. See you back next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of my coworkers and friends had told me about this resort. She had been there several times. So I finally decided to book it. We decided on the all inclusive package. I looked it up online to see the beach, resort, rooms etc. I had also heard how friendly and nice the people of Aruba were. But nothing prepared me for the the experience I had. My friend and I arrived late in the afternoon on a Friday. So we settled in and went for our first meal there, dinner at Ike's Bistro. There we met the greatest wait staff. Everyone was wonderful and friendly. Our favorite waiter was Jason. He was very funny and always had great recommendations for drinks and food. He would check and make sure you had everything you needed. Always very on top of things. He would pass by the table with a quick joke just to make you smile or giggle. The food was wonderful! We had a choice between filet mignons, chicken with fresh vegetables to various fish. The presentation was always exquisite. They also had wonderful desserts. A wonderful first experience. The next day we had our first breakfast also served at Ike's Bistro by the pool. We had the option of a buffet or ordering off the menu. Once we saw how wonderful the buffet looked we knew what direction we were going in. They had different types of fresh fruit, breads, bagels, a different type of egg everyday with potatoes and bacon and sausage. Also cold or hot cereals. You were greeted right away by one of the wonderful friendly staff. They took your drink order and by the time you were done getting your food and went to your table they were there with your drinks. We met the most wonderful waitress Ana Marie. She was so cute and friendly. Always so happy. After our breakfast we headed to the beach for the first time. It was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen! My friend at work that had told me about Manchebo had briefed me on how things worked. She said that when you walk out onto the beach someone will approach you to set up your lounge chairs. Well, that's exactly what happened. We were approached by a very friendly, handsome young man that asked if we needed chairs. He set up our chairs under one of their many umbrella huts they have throughout the beach and then introduced himself as Carlos. He told us if we needed anything to just let him know. You could see right away what a hard worker he was. After just a day or 2 we had developed a friendship of sorts. I saw the way he interacted with the other vacationers. Everyone seemed to know him. People were constantly coming up to him and shaking his hand or just saying hello. He never rushed anyone. Always took time out to talk to people. But never neglected his responsibilities. As lunch time approached we decided to take a break from the beach which was actually a hard thing to do. We walked the couple of feet over to the Pega Pega Cafe. It is a beautiful outdoor bar and grill right on the beach. As we approached a table, who was walking toward us? None other than our favorite waitress Ana Marie from breakfast. She remembered us right away. She gave us menus and took our drink order. They had a variety of wraps, paninis, salads and burgers. We had a wonderful lunch and then headed back to the beach to relax for the rest of the day. The next day we had a couple questions on things we weren't sure about. So we walked over to the lobby. As we came up to the front desk we were greeted by a beautiful, smiling, friendly woman named Sandra. She was so helpful and informative. She cleared up anything we were unsure of. She was very patient with us since we had quite a bit of questions about the location of different hotels or how to go about getting a taxi. Sandra always greeted us with a friendly smile and attitude. Right across from the front desk in the lobby was a little gift shop/convenient store. We figured we'd check it out to see what kinds of things they had. It was very cute inside and had a lot to choose from considering its size. The woman behind the counter said hello and asked if we needed any help. Over the next day or so we learned that her name was Lena. She was a wonderful friendly person that greeted you as if you were a friend. By the time the day came that we had to leave to go back home you felt that you had all these new friends that you hated to leave. We made our rounds and made sure we said good-bye to everyone we had met. Some we hugged as if they were long time friends. Others took time out from their busy day to take a picture with us. We left there with happy hearts and great memories. It was definitely one of the best vacations of my life.

• Stayed February 2013
One of the best TripReviews I've ever read!

Needless to say Manchebo team is very pleased with all of the wonderful trip reviews on TripAdvisor as our mission is to offer a wonderful and relaxing Caribbean beach vacation on one of Aruba's dream beaches.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at lots of hotels in the Caribbean and visit many others in my work. Manchebo Beach Resort makes every effort to satisfy the guests. The hotel employs a mature crew who are well drilled, polite and professional. You will not find many things to complain about and the management was very responsive. There are some issues which are annoying, but you can circumvent them by making other arrangements. For example, there are a few birds that join you for breakfast or afternoon drinks at the bar. The birds go to bed at sunset, so dinner is enjoyable. The french steak house likes to keep the air conditioning at a low temperature, so you will need an extra layer. The fridge in the room is very useful, but it was only when I set it to minimum that it was quiet enough to sleep. The hotel scores on everything else. The room (12a) was excellent; well planned and comfortable. The beach is long and wide and you will get a comfortable shaded area with no disturbances at all. No noisy guests, no screaming kids, just glorious sunshine and the sea. Walking on the beach was very enjoyable, but you must be careful when entering the sea and keep your eyes on the waves. I visited many neighbouring hotels for breakfast and dinner. The food in Aruba seems to be catering for a neutral person who does not like too much flavour or spices and was not exciting. However, they do enjoy steel drum music and you can hear this at some resorts. The trips were good, despite the fact that I got into some trouble with a hobi cat 16 and capsized about half a mile from the beach. I hope to return to Aruba because I like the people; even at the airport. The officials were polite and professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Appreciate your feedback on your recent Manchebo visit a lot. It is nice to read you rate us as one of the best hotels in the Caribbean. We love to please and surprise our customers with a wonderful Caribbean vacation experience each time they return and look forward to welcome you back from London some sunny day in the future.

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!