I just returned from a 5 day trip to Manchebo with my girlfriend. All in all we had a great time (even though it rained a few of the days). While this hotel isn't very aesthetically pleasing or very luxurious, it's great if you're looking for a quiet, casual, relaxing vacation on an amazing beach. There isn't loud music or hundreds of people or 5 pools or 8,000 different activities going on at once - such as in the high-rise section- which is nice for those looking just to let loose and enjoy the sun and water.
The area of beach at this hotel is the best out of probably all of the hotels on the island. The palapas are spread far enough apart that you definitely feel a sense of privacy (unlike most of the other hotels in both the low-rise and high-rise sections where everyone is squished together). There's also always shaded palapas and chairs available (also unlike the big, high-rise hotels -Hyatt, Marriott, Riu, Radisson, Divi Phoenix, Holiday Inn, Westin, etc - where you have to get up at 6 to reserve one or stand in line waiting). The water is crystal clear and great for swimming.
While the staff was all very nice, the service is very slow. Apparently everything is run on "island time," including city buses and service at some restaurants, but this was our first time to Aruba, so I don't know how speedy service is at the other hotels on the island.
The rooms are simple but have nice decor, beds, and a bathroom.
As for the food…Ike's has the best food by far, and Pega Pega (the beach bar) has good food also. While the ala carte breakfast items were delicious (especially the oatmeal pancakes!), the breakfast buffet is WAY overpriced, seeing as how it's comparable to a continental breakfast at a Best Western or Days Inn. Including service charge it costs about $16.65 for a small selection of fruit, bacon, really dry bagels and toast, yogurt and a couple types of granola, as well as a daily special such as a mini spinach omelet. Like I said before, go for the other items they offer off the menu. We ate at the French Steakhouse on the last night and were really disappointed. It's overpriced, we had the slowest most ambivalent service and waiters, and I probably could have gotten a better steak dish at Applebee's. I got the Beef Croustades - tenderloin wrapped in a puff pastry with mushrooms and boursin. While I thought that beef tenderloin is usually sliced into pieces, inside my puff pastry was a giant block of meat that was really hard to eat! My girlfriend got filet mignon wrapped in bacon and said it wasn't very good either. (We're not picky, judgmental foodies, FYI).
All in all, we had a good experience. If more attention had been given to the appearance of the middle of the resort (between the main entrance and the beach - not including the restaurants), and the service had been a bit faster, I would have given this hotel 5 stars.
Basically, if you're looking for a calm, quiet, relaxing vacation on the best stretch of beach on the island (even better than the more expensive low-rises that it's sandwiched between -ie. Bucuti & Tara, Costa Linda, Casa del Mar, and Divi All-inclusive) and don't mind waiting a little more for service, this is the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Resort
- Manchebo Beach Hotel
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The newly-renovated Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offers a variety of massages, body treatments and yoga & Pilates classes. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro and French Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.