“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort to your Saves list
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 252 | PO Box 1302, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Navan, Ireland
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend arrived to aruba after a very stressful journey from Ireland. hoping to relax in the room straight away we were very unfortunate to book through a website that had gone into liquidation. When we arrived we were told the room was not ready, we automatically knew there was something up. We went for a stroll on the beach and when we arrived back we were greeted by a lovely manager. She told us that the booking was cancelled as the website we booked through went bust, we had no idea and naturally we were very stressed over this, the website told her they had contacted us but they did not. the manager could not of been any more helpful. She gave us a fabulous room for the same price, (this room was a lot nicer than the room we booked) it must of been the best room in the hotel, she also let us make calls from her office. From then on the trip was nothing but fantastic and we forgot about everything that had happened, all the staff were so friendly, the restaurant on the beach was lovely especially the sunset. We rented bikes and cycled into Palm beach. We also went to visit Oranjestad town which we did not really enjoy. This hotel is much more relaxing than the hotels on Palm beach and you can always go use the casinos ect in the bigger hotels, but it is great to come back to this hotel to relax away from the madness and huge typical hotels, also rooms are bigger.. And eagle beach is much nicer than Palm. I would look no further and book this hotel! We have been to many hotels and this is in the top 5! We just want to thank all the staff for everything and we will be back. Fantastic

• Stayed September 2013
Jurgenambr, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. Although your situation was not in our hands we are very glad that we could have made your trip a fantastic one and that you liked the room, the staff and the resort. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My fiance and I stayed at the Amsterdam Manor in December and could not have asked for anything more. Beautiful accomadations, beautiful beach. It was very convenient having a grocery store in walking distance. The cab drivers were all great, super informative. I felt so safe. I loved shopping and walking around downtown. We took the public bus downtown; at first we were a little nervous but it was clean, safe, and everyone is so nice and helpful. The restuarants started to add up so we went to Iguana Joe's in town. It was awesome and had very fun drinks. The one disappointmnet was the lack of waves in the ocean. I enjoy crazy waves so I was bummed but if you like calm and tranquil visit Aruba.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback and sharing your experiences. We're happy you choose us as your vacation destination and we’re even happier to hear you enjoyed your stay. Aruba has beaches to relax and also beaches with good waves. We recommend you to go for a day on the other site of the island to enjoy the waves for your next trip. We will be waiting for you!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I are in our late twenties and just returned from our stay at Amsterdam Manor. Eagle Beach is a great location if you prefer a low-key atmosphere. We felt that the number one benefit was less people on the beach. We had our own personal space and never had a problem getting chairs under a hut (for shade) at any time of the day. The bus stop across the street was very convenient and a cheaper alternative to taxis for traveling to Palm Beach or Oranjestad for dinner. We were also able to save money by walking to the large grocery store nearby and using the kitchenette in our room.

Overall, the food exceeded our expectations for breakfast and lunch. We loved the atmosphere at Passions Beach Bar. The Happy Hour is a good deal and the drinks were excellent and strong. We also had dinner at Passions. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we had on the island.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experiences. We are glad that you loved Passions, our Happy Hour and we are even happier that our food exceeded your expectation. We hope that you will come back soon to enjoy another vacation in paradise.
Kerkrade, Limburg, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

What a lovely weel looked after hotel. We. Arrived early so had to wait for our room , we had booked a superior room with a jaccuzzi, but we were upgraded to a onebedroom appartement
It was lovely, seperate bedroom kitchnet and long lounge with a terrace, all ammeneties iron ironing board complete kitchen ,
Bed was very comfy, beach towels supplied everyday, cleanliness of the appartment was excellent,
Lady even came round in the evening to emmpty the water out of the condensation unit and supplied us with chocolates. Staff very friendly and helpfull, we had the breakfast included which was very good continental plus eggs bacon etc.
The beach is excelent plus the service on the beach.
We used the busses the whole time we were there 4.60 dollars for two for anywere on the island,
We would reccomend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review. We do our best to make your vacation the best vacation ever! We hope to see you back soon at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort!
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Don't put your stateside travel expectations on travel abroad! This is a tropical island crossed with European travel standards which equals a great vacation! Friendly staff, great drinks and food, awesome beach and clean accommodations and grounds. We were really impressed with everything here. There is a grocery store ( Super Foods) within walking distance as well as a small shop in the courtyard of the hotel. Concierge is very helpful and will direct you to reputable companies to work with. We rented a jeep and it was delivered right to the hotel.

Eagle beach area is a quiet sandy beach but within walking distance (30 minutes) to Palm beach and the touristy and plastic hi rise district. Or you can take the bus for $2.50 - driver accepts US and will make change. Yes you can get your beloved Budweiser but live a little and throw back a local balashi or some of the best mojito's that You'll ever have! Great happy hour and really nice pool and courtyard area.

Honestly I have nothing to complain about here and either will you, it's a beautiful little resort! Water, as advertised, is delicious and safe. Area, as is the same all over aruba, is safe.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing this information and we are very happy that you were impressed with our services, resort and our staff. We hope to see you back at our resort for your next trip.
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My family and I just returned from a magical 4 nights in Aruba. I don't think any of us were expecting very much - we booked this trip because my brother was competing in an international swim meet in Aruba, so we decided to go ahead and make a trip of it. Having visited our fair share of Caribbean islands in the past (we are originally from Trinidad & Tobago, and have been to Jamaica, St. Maarten, Grenada, Bahamas, and Barbados..to name a few), you could say we weren't expecting to be blown away by any means - especially because Aruba is a well-known cruise/casino/all-inclusive-package hotspot.

All this to say..we FELL IN LOVE WITH ARUBA! And I really think our stay at Amsterdam Manor had something to do with that. It is located in what is called "The low rise" area.. You have the "high rise" area with the massive hotel chains like The Ritz, Riu, The Marriot..etc etc..and then you have the "low rise" with smaller, boutique, family-run hotels like Amsterdam Manor. When we travel, our family generally prefers the more intimate feel of family run/boutique hotels..and oftentimes the only "amenity" lacking is a fitness center. (We actually went to The Ritz a few times as some other members of our family decided to stay there,,and honestly, it was terrible - a huge box with no personality/soul. Although it has the name (and the price tag) we all agreed we were so glad we chose Amsterdam Manor.)

Anyway I'm rambling. From the time we arrived, until after checkout, we were really blown away by the friendliness of the staff at Amsterdam Manor and their eagerness to accommodate us...Aruba's tagline "One Happy Island" couldn't be more fitting! I would like to give a special shout out to Juan, Angelique, and Keshawn who really went above and beyond to make us feel special. I've been to islands where the employees/service can feel forced and in pursuant of tips..but this wasn't the case at Amsterdam Manor..they seemed genuinely interested in getting to know us and doing whatever possible to make our stay memorable. (One comment though, there was an older lady who checked us in..we arrived late and she seemed a bit flustered and said "I only work when the other girl is off"..we were able to get everything we needed but it wasn't as seamless as we would've liked. I'm not going to fault Amsterdam Manor too much for this..as it was the only less than stellar experience we had, but I thought it was good to mention anyway.)

Three of us - my mom, myself, and my sister - stayed in the one bedroom suite with a king size bed. On the website it says it sleeps 2-4 people,,but to be honest I think the extra 1/2 people will have to be small children (like my sister age 13) who are wiling and able to sleep on a pull out bed/cot. The "pull out sofa bed" is not so much a pull out as it is a small single bed that pulls out from underneath the sofa..not sure if that is making sense..but my sister wasn't comfortable with sleeping on the sofa bed in the end so we had to have a cot delivered to our room and placed right outside our room (she wanted to be close to us). The accommodations themselves were very spacious, large living, dining, and kitchen area..but I have to say the bathroom was quite small - especially for three ladies all trying to get dressed at the same time! But we made it work. The suite could definitely use more towel hooks - we ended up having to hang many of our towels on the door. Oh and the bathing suite hanging string in the shower is definitely a plus! The AC was kicking and the wifi worked perfectly well.

A word on the location..Amsterdam Manor is literally a 4 second walk away from gorgeous Eagle Beach. (Palm Beach is definitely more for people looking to have a good time, while Eagle Beach is perfect for couples and families looking more for calm and relaxation). I don't think I've ever seen water so blue, and sand so white..one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to in my life! There are tiki huts on the beach, and as many chairs, towels, and floaties that you could possibly need. Although there aren't any private beaches in Aruba..when we were at the beach we felt like we were had our own slice of heaven. When searching for other hotels, one of the main drawbacks was that you had to line up at the crack of dawn in order to reserve a chair/hut on the beach. Our experience at Amsterdam Manor couldn't have been more opposite. We went at various times throughout our stay, 10:00am, 3:00pm, 5:30pm..and there were always chairs available and staff to accommodate us.

The food !!!! The food was excellent all around. The breakfast consisted of a continental and American option..everything from fresh local fruit and pastries, to pancakes, bacon, and made-to-order omelets. OMG the freshly squeezed orange juice was heavenly. The one thing that was a bit of a nuisance when we were there were the flies - it appears that they like to come out in the morning a bit, so you will have to pay attention at times and some seats in the Mangos Restaurant (where breakfast is served and dinner) are definitely better than others. (No flies at night tho!) But that's part of the experience, I suppose,,and being from the Caribbean originally we are pretty accustom to all sorts of creatures! We ate dinner at Mangos once, and my Mom and I both agreed that the sea bass (the special that day) was the best we have ever had! We also ate dinner a few times at Horizon Beach Bar - typical beach food, I really recommend the fish tacos. And finally, Passions on the Beach, a beautiful on-the-beach restaurant that is pure romance. I actually ate from the gluten free menu that night, and they somehow managed to make sautéed vegetables a memorable meal. Oh,,and the cocktails were all delicious.. mojitos, planters punch, pina coladas,,we had (and enjoyed them all!)

Aaaaand now I feel like one of those crazy people who leaves 5/6 paragraph reviews on Trip Advisor. But I will end by saying that at breakfast one day, we met a couple from New York who stays at Amsterdam Manor for one week a month because they love it so much. And we can see why. STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jurgenambr, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
First of all thank you very much for your detailed review about Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort and for coming to Aruba for the International Swimming Competition. You are totally right we are a small intimate resort and we are situated at one of the best beaches in the world. I can agree with you that we are missing a fitness centre; however most of our guests normally just want to relax at the pool or beach to enjoy their vacation.
Certainly our employees do their outmost best to make your vacation days very special. From the review we can read that even though you have some mentioning for improvements your stay was absolute great and that you will be more than happy to have you back as our guest! See you soon
Northford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a much overdue "adults only" vacation. Now, we have traveled to a plethora of locations domestically in the US to remote locations of Asia, but Aruba is definitely our vacation destination. Upon our arrival we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite (L2). The room was everything we could hope for from the comfortable bed, space friendly living area, and deluxe bathroom. Most importantly it was fresh and very clean!!!

Additionally, we have stayed in both the high rises as well as the low rises, and next year, we will once again be returning the low rises at the Amsterdam Manor Hotel.

Our days began and ended with the beach, and the friendly and courteous staff at the Manor was always there to ensure that our needs were met. There are 3 particular areas I want to mention, unfortunately I only have 1 of their names.

The bell person was just as helpful on our way in, as he was on our way out. Ensuring that our ride to the Airport was available and on time during the busy school vacation week.

The person on the beach, there during the weekdays, with his sunglasses and orange shirt (I know this probably describes everyone), was ever so helpful. On days we decided to enjoy a late afternoon on the beach, he would do his best to locate an open shade with 2 chairs. I explained it wasn't necessary as he was running around helping other guests, but he insisted and proceeded to unlock the chairs and move them into a preferred location for us.

Finally, our "personal" concierge, Tamara, is someone I would not forget to mention. From her jovial personality to her "on the spot" recommendations, our trip definitely was everything it was intended to be. Her patience with us, as we went back and forth with ideas, was equally matched by her professionalism. Not to mention the numerous calls and negotiations, how they helped us to enjoy the adventures and fine eateries in Aruba without compromise. Thank you Tamara, from our trip horseback riding, to the catamaran sail, to our dinner at Passions on the beach.

It is people like this, who make our trips/vacations what they are intended to be, for fun, rest and relaxation.

Bravo Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, you truly have some wonderful people who have ensured our return visit for next year!!!!

Room Tip: The room location depends on the person. We prefer a room with an ocean view, so our location was i...