Stayed at the Amsterdam Manor for the last full week in March. We will not be returning. It wasn't awful, just mediocre.
What we liked:
1. The location was almost perfect for a beach lover. Right across the road from an uncrowded beach with sun, clean sand and plenty of chairs.
2. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.
3. Mango's restaurant had a split personality. The buffet breakfast was poor with dry eggs, lousy pan cakes and french toast. Dinner, on the other hand, was very good with tasty dishes and large portions. Be prepared, however, for very slow service if on busy nights. We ate lunch at Passions on the Beach several times and were happy with everything. We did not eat at Passions for dinner.
4. A large supermarket (Super Food) is within a 5-8 minute walk of the hotel allowing us to purchases meals at decent prices. For a simple delicious breakfast, eat at the cafe just inside the entrance. It is both better an cheaper that that at Mangos.
What we did not like:
1. The rooms were no more than glorified motel rooms. The furniture was plain and serviceable. The kitchenette was tiny and poorly laid out. The so called veranda was tiny and barely fit a lounge chair and table with chairs. The beds were comfortable. There are no sills on the showers and, except for some rolled up bath mats, water would have leaked all over the bathroom. Water pressure was almost non existent.
2. The coffee in the restaurants and in the rooms was uniformly awful, both bitter and weak.
3. The pool was tiny and only 4 feet deep, more suited to children than adults. As all of the pool umbrellas had tables attached to the center poll, one got little of no shade when using the pool lounges.
4. The room service menu consists of two appetizers, two entrees and two deserts despite the restaurant menus being quite extensive. How to you have a caesar salad with no anchovies in the dressing and tastes like it was made with mayonnaise (argghh).
Considering the price we paid, this hotel was a poor value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach