THE RESORT: I have stayed at Amsterdam Manor three times so far and of all the places I have traveled (including Turks and Caicos), Aruba is my favorite home away from home. Amsterdam Manor is a quaint boutique style hotel on the most beautiful beaches in the world. Transportation between the airport and this resort is a quick and easy $20 cab ride. My last trip there was my daughter's college graduation present~she loved it as much as I do! Ladies should be ready for ponytails or "beach hair", as there are some serious island breezes here! Your hair may get a little windblown but the trade winds will also keep you cool!
ROOMS: The rooms and the grounds here are immaculately clean as well as spacious. We don't usually do the all inclusive plan because even the standard studios have a kitchenette. The kitchenettes are fully stocked with a fridge, 2 (or 4 burner in the larger units) stove, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, blender, pots and pans, china and silverware. I usually go to Ling and sons market to shop for a few grocery basics - it's nice to be able to get up, make breakfast and eat on the patio in the morning!
FOOD: Mangos is AM's onsite restaurant. The food is great morning noon or night! You can also order food at the beach. There is a lovely pool and two bars on the grounds as well. Complimentary appetizers are served during happy hour at the upper bar. There are tons of dining options and Casinos on nearby Palm Beach (Palm Beach reminds me of a tropical Las Vegas).
THE BEACH: This resort is located on the most beautiful strip of Eagle Beach. There is an endless strip of powdery sand beach and plenty of Palapas and chairs (without the 6am rush to "save" a spot). There are also free "floaties" and the water is so calm here you can float in the ocean!
OUT AND ABOUT: Getting to and from town or to Palm Beach is super easy, since the bus stops right out front about every 20 minutes! Although driving here is safe and easy; beware that there are hardly any road signs - directions are more like "drive to Noord and take a right at the church...". It is well worth the time and effort to go hiking and exploring on this beautiful island! Don't miss the famous California Lighthouse - the views from here are incredible and there is a wonderful Italian Restaurant at the top of the hill for incredible sunset dining. If you are adventuresome (and in fairly decent shape) the hike through Arikok to "Concha" to swim in the natural pools is exhilarating - for those who would prefer to relax a bit more on vacation; you can also take a jeep tour or 4 wheel tour here as well. Another "don't miss" in Aruba is the Alto Vista Chapel - it is an amazing "journey". Save time for shopping at the Royal Plaza and the flea market across the street! *Tip: Prices go up when the cruise ships are in port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach