“makes me smile” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort to your Saves list
Expedia.com Hotels.com
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 252 | PO Box 1302, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
New York City, New York
“makes me smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to ARUBA a few years back (may 2009/2010) for my annual birthday vacation/getaway. My criteria was simple- white sand beach, walkable/easy access to downtown/nightlife/restaurants/ and quiet. Check check and check. Stayed a week and enjoyed every minute of it.

We took the bus to the high rise hotel area a few times, even walked there once or twice. It was hot when we walked but there was a lot of wind. I just love how amsterdam manor was quiet but at the same time in a close enough location to the touristy/high rise/ area/restaurants.

Originally booked a studio, but got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite upon arrival without even asking! The place was perfect. Although it was just me and my bf at the time, our suite could hold up to 4 people- king sized bed plus pull out couch in the living room. There even was a little kitchenette. We bought cheese meats and fruits at the local grocery one day. Amsterdam manor is not on the beach, but literally 10 yards or so from our room was the white sand beach and bar. The beach turns into a romantic toes in the sand sunset on the water restaurant every night. Really beautiful.

One day we took the ABC tour and enjoyed baby beach/snorkeling, feeding the ostriches, and sightseeing. I'm sure there are other tours out there. For a whole day (6-7 hours i think) it's worth it.

I can't say that I've been to a place quite like aruba. It truly was my all time favorite vacation. Each beach and vacation always gets compared to Aruba... I cant say that anywhere I've been to has been quite like it. To be honest, I'm having a very hard time looking for my next birthday vacation. The only thing that is holding me back from NOT returning to Amsterdam manor/aruba, is the idea of trying something new. Definitely going back... hopefully soon.

This is truly a great place to stay. Just thinking about it makes me smile =)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Parana, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We choose Amsterdam Manor due we are a family and wanted to be relaxed, each one of us, with space enough to be there 10 days. Our travel agent suggested this place after searching all around the island. And it was really a good suggestion! The beach is wonderful and the service all around the hotel is great. And you are so close to the beach that you go with your swimming suite and sun bolck and that's it! Everything is thinked to be comfortable and better than at home! Excellent! for the Amsterdam Manor's people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Newington, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were very excited to once again stay at Amsterdam Manor for vacation. The staff as we found last year were great and we have recommended it to our friends. One of the pluses was that Napoleon who worked in the hotel last was now our beach bartender. What a great addition to the beach area. Every resort should be so lucky to have an employee as Napoleon (Napo).

Room Tip: For the second year we stayed in a studio, which was fine for a short stay. Next year we will move...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Amsterdam Manor will exceed your expectations. The beach is beautiful and so convenient. No problem getting beach chairs, towels, or a cabana. The drinks at Passions Beach Bar are very good--make sure you hit the daily happy hours! The food is also fantastic at Mangos. The employees are very friendly and pleasant. The Supermarket is a short walking distance from the resort--very reasonable prices at the Supermarket so you can get plenty of snacks/drinks for your beach outings. Our favorite resort of all time. We will be back!!!

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at this hotel in the low rise area. Great staff, great location, and frequented by Europeans. This suited our style better than the high rise area, although it is a short trip to area restaurants. We loved the alcove tables in front to have breakfast outside. Also enjoyed their breakfast buffet. Beach is great, enjoy the cabanas to avoid the strong sun.

Room Tip: Walk up to the Super Foods store to get lunch or liquor, 5 minute walk from the hotel. Get the Dutch...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were married on January 19th at the Amsterdam manor hotel and held the reception at its famous and breathtaking passions restaurant. We were nervous as all proceedings were done via email and photos but the result was one that exceeded our expectations. The wedding coordinators Lissy Lampe and Anne Maduro were both highly professional and did their best to make our dream wedding a reality. The food was delicious and the scenery was something out of a postcard... So beautiful it almost didnt look real. If I had any complaints it's would be that it went by too fast. I would highly recommend this venue and these coordinators for your wedding in Aruba.

• Stayed January 2013
isle of man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent hotel with amazing food and staff ! You don't need to go elsewhere to eat and the beach is the best in Aruba ! The staff are great and nothing is too much trouble ! I would stay here again if we are ever lucky enough to return. If you want to hire a car to go out and explore, Oranjestad is great and Palm beach, Arashi beach, Baby Beach, California light house, there are so many great places to see. Trips are on offer from the concierge with no pressure and they come and collect you from the hotel. I chose Rancho Notorious for horse riding who were very experienced and I had a really fun time at the ranch. We decided to go to Passions on the Beach for dinner one night it was fantastic and best time is for sunset around 630pm. Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday so perfect !

Room Tip: The one bed and two bed apartments are fabulous but the studios are quite small and the view is not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort? Share your experiences!