My husband and I stayed at the Amsterdam Manor for the first part of our Honeymoon. We had a two bedroom suite which had two full bathrooms. We only needed the one bedroom and bath, but having the extra space was nice, and we both had our own bathrooms!
The suite was huge, and had a kitchen, with microwave, stove, full fridge, and all the untencils and glassware you need. Each room had its own thermastate control which was very nice. We kept the room at about 24 degrees celsious at all times, and it kept the room nice and cool with minimal condensation issues, which didn't bother us.
We were greated with friendly faces during check in, but be aware that your room will not be ready early. We left our things at the concierge desk and checked out the beach until our room was ready at the 4pm check in time. The beach is accross the street, but it is so quick and easy to cross the street, that I didn't even realize it wasn't "on the property". There is a beach bar that served drinks and lunch every day which was very convienent. We had no problems getting a "palapa" and beach chairs the full 6 days we were there. We normally got to the beach at about 11am or so, and got our spot for the day. We traveled in Oct, which is their slower time, so the beach was quiet and relaxing. There were some bigger waves and clouds the first couple of days we were there due to hurricane Sandy, but the waves were fun to swim in.
Everyone is super friendly in Aruba and at the Amsterdam, there was not one person at the resort who didn't say "good morning" or "hello" when they saw you.
The only negative I have is their breakfast. We bought the American Breakfast buffet with our stay, and if you got there later, you could tell the food was sitting out awhile. There wasn't any difference from day to day either, always the same choices. The food wasn't bad, but it did get old after a couple of days having the same things. The man who made the omelets was so adorable and very funny...and the omelets were amazing and obviously fresh.
We were on our honeymoon, so when we checked into our room there was a bottle of champange and we received a gift which was very nice.
I'd recommend the Amsterdam to anyone who wants a nice, quiet resort experience..the beach is amazing!
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm/Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.