“Really great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort to your Saves list
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 252 | PO Box 1302, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
“Really great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my wife went here for our honeymoon and had a really great experience. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the restaurants Passions and Mango's are top notch. The bar above the swimming pool is a great late night hang and good place to meet other visitors to the hotel. The beach across the street from the hotel was the best looking one I saw while we were in Aruba.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite which has a stove top, microwave and fridge, and is great if you don't want to eat out for every meal.

The only real knock I had was when I booked the honeymoon suite, the website said it was "oceanfront" which made me believe the doors open to the beach... which they do but the beach is definitely across a street.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,023 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This past August I visited the Amsterdam Mano beach resort. It was one of the most pleasant stays I've been in. The hotel was very clean, quiet, great location, great service, and pricewise very affordable. The room had everything inside, like small fridge, microwave, utensils, plates, wine glass, coffee maker etc... The beach was just across the street. The restaurants at the beach had great food and service. One night we had dinner by the shore, which was memorable and very romantic, we had live saxophone music, beautiful view to the beach, sound of the waves and the stars sheltering us. I would definitely go back there again... Feel free to ask questions and I will gladly respond.

• Stayed August 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A perfect hotel within a very short (100 Ft.?) walk of an awesome beach. Rooms are clean, efficient, and easily accessible since there isn't 10,000square feet of lobby and a long walk to a bank of elevators like large hotels. There's a little kitchen in case you want to eat in or there are 5,000 dining choices over the hill where the massive hotels are. Bottom line, you would be hard pressed to find a nicer hotel so close to a great beach any where.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nice, quite hotel with a gorgeous beach. If you prefer to stay at smaller quieter, "cozier" hotels instead of the chain mega hotels, this is it. Very friendly staff, nice clean and well maintained hotel. Stayed in a two bedroom suite and was very pleased with my accommodation. The area does not offer a lot of good dining options besides the restaurant in the hotel (for those looking for a romantic dinner, Passions on the Beach in this same hotel is most recommended) and Carambola a few blocks away. If you want more dining options you can either take a bus or a cab for 8-10 dollars to the "High Rise Hotel" area which has a lot more restaurants. Next time I'm in Aruba i'm staying at this same hotel.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite could comfortably sleep 6 people and has a full size living room and kitchen wit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This an adorable boutique resort, cant wait to go back! It has a French village feel, very cute, cozy, clean, friendly staff and its across the road from THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEACEFUL BEACH in Aruba (some say its #3 of best beaches in the world)! The hotel's part of the beach seemed to be the best - a little further down towards LaCabana hotel was crowded & busy. Amsterdam's grounds were well kept and always clean. My only small complaint were the beds - a little hard, but I have a $5000 mattress at home so my mattress standards are high, but I can say that I didnt wake up with any back pains so they werent that bad at all. Pillows and blankets were very comfy tho.
Before I go on you need to understand somethings folks:
-There's 3 parts to the Noord/Oranjestad tourist area (in the following order from the airport).
1. Downtown (shops/mall, restaurants, cruise docks etc)
2. Low rise area (2-5 story resort.hotels, mainly on Eagle beach, beach is calm, wide, always palapas avail, peaceful)
3. High rise (huge resorts, tons of shops/mall, restaurants, mainly on Palm beach, beach is rocky, waves are rough, beach is smaller and crowded, only get palapas if you're there by 8am, young locals & tourist running around)
Based on that info, you need to decide where you want to stay when going to Aruba. I personally prefer the low rise area. (I'm 35 & from NYC so I like to go with the calm when I'm on vaca). Nevertheless, I saw some complaints about this hotel not having restaurants nearby - which is not totally true, you just have to do research before traveling folks!
Here's what I found nearby:
- next door in the resort La Cabana (5 minute walk) there are 2 restaurants, the Island Grill that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner for dine in or take out @ reasonable prices (also certain days they have all you can eat buffets - dine it only), and Las Ramblas which is an outdoor tapas & grill restaurant open evenings only. La Cabana also has a Cinnabun, Dukin Donuts & Baskin Robins, small gift shops and a small market (not recommending that anyone stay @ La Cabanan - just not my kind of hotel)
- Pizzahut, Taco Bell behind Amsterdam on the L.G Smith Blvd strip, also on the L.G strip is a supermarket, a pharmacy and the Tropicana hotel which has a restaurant called Mamuris.
- taxis come super fast to this hotel, i heard Amsterdam are partners with a taxi company, our cabs always arrived in 3-5 minutes! Car and bike rentals (bikes $10 a day) on site as well.
- the bus stop IS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE HOTEL, the bus cost $1.60 and can take you to the high rise is within 10 mins or downtown within 20 mins - bunch of places to eat in either direction.
- mama's white truck is located on the beach side in front of Paradise Beach Villas hotel (2 hotels over, going towards downtown, about a 7 minute walk), she sells homemade Arubain food from 12pm to 4pm
- the hotels restaurants (Mangoes - only ok food, Passions on the Beach - great food, beautiful setting on the beach, beach bar and lounge - drinks were decent and prices were good, 2 happy hours), beach bar serves food - dont get the shrimp quesidilla its weird, besides that the other food was decent.

Bottom Line - THIS IS A GREAT HOTEL, just be sure to research whats nearby for food.
I'd like to give a special thanks to: Katrine (my girl), Ivan, Napolean (my sweetheart), Jovanna(my other girl) @ front desk they were EXCELLENT! Roberto the beach guy & his friend - loved them! Beach Bar guys were great, Madeline @ concierge was helpful and friendly too!
See you guys next year!

Room Tip: all rooms were very modern, no ugly flowers bed covers here! We had the honeymoon suite but I asked...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just came back from my first trip to Aruba. Amsterdam Manor had everything we needed-clean room, kitchen if you wanted to eat in, beautiful beach, bus service at your front door and a staff that was helpful with whatever your needs were. Went to the high rise area on the island and it was nice to visit but not what I was looking for. I wanted quite, relaxing vacation which is what I got at Amsterdam Manor. I went with my niece and there was enough for us to do. Would go back again and stay at Amsterdam Manor!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I am new to Trip Advisor so I hope I am not breaking any rules here. I wanted to say something about the Amsterdam Manor in Aruba because my family experienced something wonderful there. It was five years ago this month in October 2007. Our daughter was looking for a place to be married and she had searched many locations throughout the Caribbean. She started corresponding by E Mail with a wedding planner at the Amsterdam Manor. We were all SO HAPPY with how everything worked out during that wedding. The arrangements were fabulous! The setting was gorgeous - Eagle Beach at sunset! Are you kidding me! The food was catered and served right there on the beach by the hotel. There was a steel band ... It was just incredibly wonderful! We had over 50 guests ... Friends and family ... They came from all over ... Alaska, New York, Florida, Europe ... Everyone raved about the hotel, the beach, the food, the weather etc etc. It was our first time in Aruba and that island has so very much to offer ... But the focal point was the Amsterdam Manor and we were very pleased with everything. I just wanted to say that, if you are looking for a place for a wedding, I would definitely recommend you give this location serious consideration. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort? Share your experiences!