We stayed at the Amsterdam Manor from June 23 to June 30, 2012. Me, my husband, adult son in one 2 bedroom unit and my daughter and son in law and their 3 small kids in another 2 bedroom unit. We faced the pool area and the beach was very visible from our balcony. We went to the grocery store and bought some adult beverages and snacks for Happy Hour on our balcony in the evenings. A lovely view. It was terrific for us, a decent kitchen for breakfasts, and some lunches. A good restaurant for the meals one didn't want to cook. They also have a nice room service that my son used a few times. Housekeeping is amazing. We weren't very fastidious but each day they made the place very clean and tidy. We ate at Passions on the beach and that was lovely. There are jet skis and para sailing right there on the beach. No venders that we saw, so that was a pleasant suprise. Definitely get a rental car and use a local agency. You can take a cab to your hotel and arrange a rental car there. We were almost 10 hours late arriving, supposed to arrive at 3:30 pm but United had other plans and got there somewhere after 1 am. The hotel was very accommodating to us despite the hour of our arrival, after 2 am. I think they are used to the poor flight record. Anyway we had a great time, went snorkeling and scuba diving. Happy Divers was the one we used for scuba and they were excellent. Jeffery took just me and my husband for a dive. It was so pretty on the reef! Baby Beach was also fun, a great place to snorkel with kids. Everyone we encountered was very friendly to tourists and helpful. Amsterdam Manor exceeded my expectations,it was a very pleasant place for a family vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach