This was my 5th trip to Aruba, my new Husband's 1st. Have stayed at the Hyatt, Wyndham (now Westin) and Holiday Inn. It was our Honeymoon so we splurged for the Hyatt. We arrived at the Hyatt at 3:45 and were promptly checked in to our Ocean Island King room on the 5th floor. We were told about the construction on the 2nd and 4th floor and actually they were renovating the room right next door but as others have said they did not start until 9 and we were out of the room by then. We got a brand new room - and I mean brand new - we were the first guests to use it - the shower drain still had the plastic covering on it. My husband loved the bath products as well as the "rainshower" shower head. Everything was immaculate and housekeeping was impressive. We requested a refrigerator and it was brought within 10minutes. We had our first meal at Palms which has relocated to the beach during renovation and it was very nice sitting in the sand with the breeze blowing. When we got back to the room there was a bottle of chilled Champagne waiting for us – nice touch.
Hung out on the beach under a hut – yes you have to reserve but it was no big deal.
It is quieter there and you can head to the pool for a dip. Or float on the ocean.
The pool was very busy – I had thought it wouldn’t be so close to school opening but there were A LOT of kids.
We ate at the following restaurants
Palms – see above
Amazonia – Brazilian Steakhouse – great concept all you can eat – great salad bar – the BEST waitstaff
Salt & Pepper – great breakfast place – cheap food – Tapas for dinner –were very good
Aqua Grill – Fresh Seafood – wonderful atmosphere
El Gaucho – what can I say it is a regular stop when in Aruba
The Old Fisherman (twice) – this was our favorite – smaller restaurant downtown by the Royal Plaza Mall – the freshest seafood, much lower prices than the others.
We went to Ling & Sons Supermarket and got cheese, crackers & pepperoni, beer etc.
Which saved us a lot as the drinks are expensive.
Hyatt was amazing, the staff were helpful and gracious, we did a couples massage, a sunset sail and all were great. The grounds were beautiful.
We only had one complaint and it was nothing to do with Hyatt itself–
Many of the other guests at the hotel were just plain rude! The parents let the kids basically run wild with no discipline. My husband and I couldn’t believe it sometimes.
I mean yes the Hyatt is expensive but that doesn’t give you the right to yell at the help. They are doing you a service and should be thanked. At least that’s how I was brought up. One man went so far as to yell at the towel hut person because it was too cloudy! There is always clouds on Aruba – they blow over! And right the towel man controls the weather! My husband said it was the first time he was ever ashamed to say he was American!
We are aware that Hyatt has no control over the people who choose to stay there - Maybe we just chose an unlucky week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba