“absolutely LOVED the Hyatt!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“absolutely LOVED the Hyatt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2004

Me and my husband went on our honeymoon to Aruba and stayed at the Hyatt. We absolutely loved the resort. From the moment we arrived at the Hyatt, I fell in love with this property. The lobby is so beautiful and unique since it is an open lobby. We wanted a relaxing excape and the Hyatt provided that beyond our expectations. We stayed in a mid level room, which was very clean and cozy. The restaurants are fabulous, delicious and beautiful. The beach is just so nice and relaxing and very clean as are the pools. We would walk everyday to other hotels and the Hyatt just doesn't compare to any of them. Even the Radisson which is beautiful, was not as nice as the hyatt. I could go on and on about how we loved the Hyatt Aruba, but all I have to say is that we are planning to go back to the Hyatt for our first anniversary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Flanders, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2004

My wife and I got away for a four night getaway to the Hyatt Regency in Aruba. Let me just say simply put the resort is beautiful and well maintained. The huts on the beach are wonderful. I highly recommend it. We even survived a small tornado.

• Stayed October 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2004

My wife and I have visited almost every Carribean Island, and have stayed at some of the finest hotels. Without a doubt, Aruba and the Hyatt Hotel is our favorite spot in the islands. Their is something for everyone to do, great beach and pool, magnificent landscaping and great restaurants. Aruba is the no brainer for a vaction. Never any worries about the weather, its always sunny.

The hotel itself is wonderful. The only down side is the rather small rooms with not much of a balcony. If you can swing it though stay on the concierge level. Continental breakfast and hors doeurves very day with juice and beverages. Your provate concierge will arrange everything for you.

Take it from me (even though you don't know me), you will have a great time, with or without kids.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2004

We stayed at the Hyatt in Aruba for our honeymoon at the end of Sept. 04 and it was the absolute BEST VACATION I ever could have imagined!! First of all, Aruba is the most amazing island! Perfect warm, sunny days with NO rain, and beautiful beaches with warm water. The people in Aruba are like no other. They are all friendly and pleasant and they all seem sincerely happy to be doing their job whether that be waitressing, housekeeping, etc. Everyone has a lovely attitude! And as if Aruba itself wasn't fabulous enough, the Hyatt was the most wonderful hotel. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone. You will not be disappointed! The grounds are spectacular and well laid out. There are ample dining options including a TCBY which we enjoyed many an afternoon in the sun. The Palms Beach Bar was a spot we spent a lot of time at. Great drinks, food and it's right on the beach. We loved it! Great bartenders too! We did a lot of activities during our stay!! One of our favorites was the Kukoo Kunukoo party bus. This was an absolute blast!!! It's a wild party that moves from bar to bar!! Great time! The snorkeling tour on the Mi Dushi was great as well! We saw lots of fish, had a nice lunch and lots of yummy drinks! The ATV tour was excellent also. If you enjoy off road type adventures, this is perfect! It's a really fun way to see all the sights on the island!! You will get dirty but it's well worth it (and i'm someone who doesn't like to get dirty). The only thing that wasn't that great was the Tattoo Party Cruise. The food was lousy and it wasn't that great of a party. I would skip this next time. All in all, Aruba was absolutely amazing!! I had been planning this trip for months and I was really looking forward to it. It more than exceeded my expectations! I can't wait to go back to Aruba!!! This was the best, most relaxing vacation I could ever imagine. There's plenty to do if you want activities, or you can just lay on the beach and relax under a hut. They will bring drinks and lunch right to you on the beach. What could be better?? I can't say enough good things about Aruba and the Hyatt. We looked at all the hotels and the Hyatt was by far the most breathtaking!!

• Stayed September 2004
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2004

We ended up sleeping at the Radisson, but spending more time at the Hyatt. Hyatt is certainly one of the best kept hotels in Aruba. It is certainly the best hotel on Palm Beach. It's grounds are immaculate and very well designed. It's furnishings are classic and meant to last a lifetime. The staff are friendly and courteous. If we come back to Aruba, we will definitely be staying at the Hyatt.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

We read all of the reviews and decided to book the Radisson for our honeymoon. It was fine but after the first night we moved to the Hyatt for the remainder of our trip and was so glad that we did. It is by far, the nicest property on the island, I dont care what any of the reviews say. If you want something nicer, choose another island. If you are disappointed, you havent traveled much to know what is out there. We had amazing food, views, drinks and the nicest staff I have yet to encounter. The weather is beautiful and the pool and beach area can accomodate any kind of vacationer. Aruba is a great honeymoon destination. You can drink the water, the restaurants are various and many excellant ones to choose from (unlike many spots in Mexico) and the people all speak four languages and are incredibly service oriented. We also never waited in line for a pool chair or palappa unlike the Wyndham where they were lined up at 8:00 AM. Also, some of the other hotels have bad smells to them, the Hyatt was never anything but wonderful. We give only the Hyatt the top rating and we hope to definitely return there.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

First, I would like to say this is a wonderful website. My wife and I have found it very useful. Now, to the Hyatt. We recently visited Aruba from 9/06-9/11 (during Hurricane Ivan), and the staff of the hotel couldn't have performed better. We were well taken care of, and constantly apprised as to the weather/risks. I never felt nervous, and I thank them for that.

The hotel is the best choice on the beach. It is well kept, not as crowded and has a much more well maintained beach area than the other resorts. Although we traveled during low season, we did not have to wait for cabanas or chairs by the pool. The restaurants had very good food at a fair price (similar to the price at most resorts). Make sure to get both a brick oven pizza and Friday fajitas from Antonio. I didn't notice the "decor" of the hallway as I walked to my room, nor would I have cared, quite frankly (I've seen some reviewers comment about such things). Their decorator may have a different opinion of what is "chic" than I.

If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons-type experience, then Aruba overall is not for you. The Hyatt is the most luxurious available, and along that line, it performs wonderfully. We had a large room and the bed was very comfortable. We read to request the "King Special" rooms at the end of the hotel (they are the ones that face the ocean entirely), and it was well worth it. They are at least twice the size of a normal room and have a glorious view of the sunset. Everything is priced correctly and you get good value at this place.

We will return to this place because we enjoyed it very much. I guess since they endure a hurricane every 50 years, we won't have much risk of running into that again. To put my opinion of this resort into perspective for those who read this, we tend to vacation at mid-to-upper scale resorts (we will be going to the Four Seasons Hualalai next year). Feel free to email me if you need more info.

• Stayed September 2004

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!