“Beautiful hotel, great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Levittown, New York
“Beautiful hotel, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our third visit to the Hyatt. The hotel is beautiful, with an open lobby that overlooks the pool and beach. As you walk towards the pool, you will see lush foliage, black swans on the pond and koi swimming around. There are parrots, parakeets, and cockatoos - really beautiful and well cared for. The landscape is beautiful.

The pool is a nice size with chairs and umbrellas available for many guests. There is a water slide which is a lot of fun - particularly for children. There is a swim up pool bar for those who do not want to get out of the pool to get a drink.

Rooms - are ok in size and most have a nice view of the ocean, garden or pool. As for the balcony - it is standing room only, however, that did not bother me at all. Odd number rooms face the pool and ocean. Even numbers face garden/ocean view (for most.) The bathrooms are a nice size with a tub and rain showerhead, plenty of towels and amenities. To ensure your valuables are ok - there is a safe in the closet. If you want to get the paper and/or turndown service - you will need to request it.

Beach/Pool - We decided to rent a palapa at the beach in advance, which looks like a beach hut. It was $35 a day, but I did not have to get up early to wait for one as other reviewers mentioned. The beach staff would set up the chairs and towels every morning. In addition, we got a water raft our first day - note: there are not many around for all the guests. Be careful with retaining the water raft - I was informed by a guest that an employee took the raft I had under my beach chair to give it to another guest. Not a nice thing to do - but this happened to someone else too. Keep in mind this is a public beach and anyone can use it so be cautious with valuables. There is security around but they cannot see everything.

In my opinion, reserving the palapa in advance was worth it. There are over 50 palapas on the beach and if you do not wish to reserve in advance, there is a big palapa shared by many.

Food/Bar - We had dinner at the hotel and the food and service were good. It is pricey in comparison to other locations walking distance to the hotel. We also had lunch at the bar by the pool and we thought the food was good as well. The drinks are expensive and it does add up. There is a also a juice bar, where you can either order from their menu or they will make one custom as long as they have the ingredients. There is a 15% service charge added to the bill at the hotel so if you want to give more of a tip you can do so. We did for those who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

Activities - there is not much going on as it relates to activities for guests. There is bingo in the afternoon and minimal kid activities. However, this was a non-issue for us. The hotel did a dinner celebration for the fourth of July which was very nice. They had fireworks - which were wonderful and the service was great. We are not gamblers but did try our luck at the casino. It is small with a few tables and several slot machines.

Most of the staff was courteous and friendly. Many would acknowledge us with a good morning, a hello, or just smile - a few did go out of their way to make our stay memorable.
We did have a very bad experience with an employee - who could have soured our stay - but one director and two other managers were outstanding at assisting us. It is due to their attention and consideration that our vacation was turned around. They were wonderful to us!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

You will feel exotically at home with Starbucks, hamburgers, Wi-fi on the beach !
Cater mostly to American families ( lots of kids everywhere ! ) it's a beautiful property that delivers good service, nice rooms, lot's of activities. If you like exclusive and sophisticated this is not the hotel for you. Mediocre food at $$$ prices . The beach is nothing special, water not as crystal clear , and a gazillion of boats, waterskis, runners, speeding in front of your eyes.
It's safe and and they know what you want ...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Aruba is a dry location with lots of cactus and dust and not a lot of greenery as one might think is typical in the Caribbean.

The Hyatt fills this gap with lush greenery and foliage on their grounds. It is not a huge resort in terms of public space but they use the space that they have very well. The property includes a beautiful pool, lots of seating where you can feel the cool breezes, and several dining options. The pool area is complete with a few exotic birds in cages that make noises from time to time. Restaurants are pricey, but that's typical of Aruba. If you look around the island there are many great dining options at a variety of price points.

The Fitness room does have a window but it's somewhat in the basement. No views of the ocean or courtyard to motivate you. But the equipment looks new and is in good condition. It includes Precor, Life fitness and some hand weights.

The hotel has a small room with spin bikes but no classes. Guests can go in and ride the spin bikes at any time.

As for the Palapas (island beach umbrella with table) there are several under Hyatt control (approx 50 is a guess). Some of them have blue markings which mean they are for Hyatt guests only but at a cost of $35 for the day. The others may be reserved by hotel guests or the public for free but all must be reserved at the Hyatt towel hut. Seems that most people reserve them early then go off to breakfast and come back later. You MUST get in line early. I was in line at about 5:40 AM and number 11 in line. The best spots go quickly. The towel hutch opens at 6:30. By the time it opened there were probably about 25 people in line.

Beach was crowded around lunchtime but not overcrowded. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. And I did see latecomers inquiring how to secure a palapa.

The staff at this property was more than accommodating. Very friendly front desk, housekeeping, bell staff just everyone. A young man cleaning the elevators even offered to walk me to my destination when I simply asked for directions. But I felt the sense of really wanting to help from all the staff I encountered.

A few locals home by selling things but it was not overwhelming. Hyatt staff I saw started taking drink and good orders around 11:30.

Rooms are basic but clean and attractive. Would have done anything for a balcony I could sit on, but the step out balcony was nice and refreshing. This was the first time I'd been in a room that includes fingernail polish remover and make up remover in the standard bathroom set.

Regency Club is on the ninth floor. I was given a personal escort up to this area to check in. The lounge area is small and consists of two rooms that may have formerly been a part of a guest rooms or suites. The 2 dining areas are separated by the lobby and reception desk which you walk into when you get off the elevator. Nice assortment of breakfast sweet and savory items including hot oatmeal and some small hot entrée each day. Same for the evening hors d'oeuvres; nice selection of cold and hot.

Overall great experience. Can't wait to return.

Stayed July 2014
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team!
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights in Feb 2014. We then moved to the Marriott Stellaris for four nights. This hotel is in a better location when it comes to activities outside the hotel. It is bang on the main strip where you step out of the entrance and you're in a busy area with lots of restaurants, trinket shops etc. We found the beach here to be decent, but the beach at the Marriott had better sand and calmer, clearer water.
In any case we were considering the Renaissance at the bottom corner of the Aruba hotel strip and you'd much rather stay at either of these. There's a reason the Renaissance is so much cheaper - this beach is just way better.
Palapas are a bit of a struggle, one of the days we could only manage chairs under the 'shared' large palapa. The pools are nice and there's a water slide open for part of the day. They offered compliementary flatbed floats while at the Marriott they charged for it.
We booked on points and stayed at the Club level. At the time it was just 3,000 points extra (27,000) for club level. We were travelling with a toddler so it was worth it. Whole milk, hard boiled eggs, juice, soda, the odd snack. They were very kind and had a toddler bed set up in the room and also provided a Johnson's baby basket (shampoo, body wash, etc.).
The Marriott has lots of lobby shops across their three resorts - this one didn't seem to have any.
There is an Indian restaurant very close to the entrance to this hotel that ended up being really good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

i love the hotel the one thing that did bother me i booked an ocean view and I had a palm tree view with a little bit ocean I wish they would specify which view and the fact that they did not let music go on passed 9:30 i know families stay at the hotel but adults do too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Aruba with my sister and our 70 year old mom to celebrate her milestone birthday. WE all had a great time and would return, either with our families or as adults only in the future. I'll start by saying that I never had any previous interest in vacationing on Aruba due to the fact that I'm not much of a gambler, and my initial views of the island, without having been there, were that it was very arid/dry without much scenery, outside of the beaches. I chose this island because a) I love Hyatt resorts and am very loyal to them and b) I was looking for a rain-free June vacation in the tropics; my Key West, Miami and Playa del Carman vacations were all but ruined with tropical storms the past 3 Junes, and I wasn't willing to chance it again. We ended up loving Aruba for many reasons: the weather, people (friendly who love their island), choice of "experiences" (busier high rise "strip" or quieter Eagle beach with low-rises), duty-free , top-brand jewelry shopping and NO hagglers on beach/etc, like in Mexico.

Resort:
I am very loyal to Hyatt Resorts; they are always fantastic, and Aruba is no different. I especially liked this one for my trip with my 70 year old mom with bad knees because it was very compact, sat right on the beach, yet offered all of the typical Hyatt resort amenities (open air lobby, lobby bar, lush grounds/waterfalls, nice pool, variety of restaurants and a nice Regency Club). Although there were plenty of restaurants with different specialties, they were priced typical of a Hyatt resort (expensive), and although the aesthetics/ambiance/service were nice, the food was just "meh". Not great, not bad. I've had better dining at other Hyatt resorts, but it certainly is not a disaster.

Location:
Although I was a bit worried about the busy high-ris "strip", I ended up loving it. Although more isolated beauty has its time and place in my travels, I loved the "strip". It was not nearly as built up as other "strips" (e.g.: Cancun, Destin, etc.), yet offered several beach bars within walking distance on the paved path, a few restaurants, etc. to keep it interesting. Loved walking over to the Pelican pier for a quick afternoon drink while watching World Cup soccer with fans cheering so many countries - Spain, Columbia, Brazil and the Netherlands, of course! I was wishing my 10 and year old soccer fanatic sons were with me to take in the diversity of soccer fans/clubs. Also loved the Sports Bar, Carlitos, at the Playa Linda next door. Great $7 burger, 2 for 1 during World Cup games, and friendly service. The beach was beautiful with white, soft sand that didn't get too hot to walk on, and the water was blue and calm (my sons would have been a bit bored with the lack of waves). WE had enough water sports on the piers flanking either side of the beach area, yet it didn't seem like too much, though I could have done without the noisy water-jet packs that were very popular on Friday.

Regency Club:
This had a fairly nice Regency Club with a decent selection of breakfast foods and happy hour foods available each morning and evening (though would have appreciated a tiny more bit of diversity in what is offered day to day - I can only eat so much Muenster cheese!). Still, a nice perk if you are Diamond level. The concierges were wonderfully friendly and helpful, and were always good for a friendly greeting upon arriving "home".

I will be back, most probably, with my kids/husband next time!

Room Tip: Very few true "beach front" rooms, but even with our side-view room, still had a bit of a...