This was our third visit to the Hyatt. The hotel is beautiful, with an open lobby that overlooks the pool and beach. As you walk towards the pool, you will see lush foliage, black swans on the pond and koi swimming around. There are parrots, parakeets, and cockatoos - really beautiful and well cared for. The landscape is beautiful.
The pool is a nice size with chairs and umbrellas available for many guests. There is a water slide which is a lot of fun - particularly for children. There is a swim up pool bar for those who do not want to get out of the pool to get a drink.
Rooms - are ok in size and most have a nice view of the ocean, garden or pool. As for the balcony - it is standing room only, however, that did not bother me at all. Odd number rooms face the pool and ocean. Even numbers face garden/ocean view (for most.) The bathrooms are a nice size with a tub and rain showerhead, plenty of towels and amenities. To ensure your valuables are ok - there is a safe in the closet. If you want to get the paper and/or turndown service - you will need to request it.
Beach/Pool - We decided to rent a palapa at the beach in advance, which looks like a beach hut. It was $35 a day, but I did not have to get up early to wait for one as other reviewers mentioned. The beach staff would set up the chairs and towels every morning. In addition, we got a water raft our first day - note: there are not many around for all the guests. Be careful with retaining the water raft - I was informed by a guest that an employee took the raft I had under my beach chair to give it to another guest. Not a nice thing to do - but this happened to someone else too. Keep in mind this is a public beach and anyone can use it so be cautious with valuables. There is security around but they cannot see everything.
In my opinion, reserving the palapa in advance was worth it. There are over 50 palapas on the beach and if you do not wish to reserve in advance, there is a big palapa shared by many.
Food/Bar - We had dinner at the hotel and the food and service were good. It is pricey in comparison to other locations walking distance to the hotel. We also had lunch at the bar by the pool and we thought the food was good as well. The drinks are expensive and it does add up. There is a also a juice bar, where you can either order from their menu or they will make one custom as long as they have the ingredients. There is a 15% service charge added to the bill at the hotel so if you want to give more of a tip you can do so. We did for those who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
Activities - there is not much going on as it relates to activities for guests. There is bingo in the afternoon and minimal kid activities. However, this was a non-issue for us. The hotel did a dinner celebration for the fourth of July which was very nice. They had fireworks - which were wonderful and the service was great. We are not gamblers but did try our luck at the casino. It is small with a few tables and several slot machines.
Most of the staff was courteous and friendly. Many would acknowledge us with a good morning, a hello, or just smile - a few did go out of their way to make our stay memorable.
We did have a very bad experience with an employee - who could have soured our stay - but one director and two other managers were outstanding at assisting us. It is due to their attention and consideration that our vacation was turned around. They were wonderful to us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba