“A little piece of paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little piece of paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

First of all, the Hyatt has the best lobby ever! From the minute you arrive and enter the lobby you feel on vacation. It is very open and the Aruban breeze blows through the lobby all day and night. I checked out other hotels and no comparison. You walk in the front entrance and right out the back into paradise. Beautifully landscaped, with pools and the ocean right in front. All the staff personnel were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were very clean with great views . We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

1,521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Told them 3 times (we are still here) that it is our honeymoon and nothing so far. Champagne on arrival I read- what champagne??? Arrived yesterday no champagne on arrival. Not staying in honeymoon suite but still it is written all over our reservation from Expedia and I told them at check in. Nothing. Very strange considering how I hear hotels love newlyweds who choose their hotel for their honeymoon!! We are here for a while more but strange way to start. We aren't that kind of couple to complain or even be dosappointed but you only honeymoon once.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can't think of one negative thing to say about this beautiful resort. From the moment you enter the open air lobby and see that picture perfect view of the pools, palm trees, white sand beach, and turquoise water, you know that this will be a vacation to remember. The staff was, hands down, the friendliest that we have encountered at any hotel. We were greeted by warm smiles and "hellos" everywhere we went. The employees all seem genuinely happy to be working here. Xiomara at the front desk, in particular, was a standout, getting on the phone to the Gold Passport office on Father's Day morning to help us take advantage of a special offer to upgrade to the Regency Club (our first time doing so) by using Hyatt points, even though we were supposed to have done so at the time we initially booked our stay. She was the first person to warmly greet me every morning on my way to the fitness center, and I don't think I ever saw her without a smile on her face. One night, she had chocolate cake delivered to our room - which was very much appreciated!
We were impressed with the Regency Club, and I recommend upgrading to it. The breakfasts on the top floor offered great views and a nice selection of food (the oatmeal and croissants were particularly good). Every morning, there is a different main breakfast entree (e.g. Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Breakfast Burrito) in addition to the regular offerings of cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, pastries, and assorted fresh fruit, and lox. The dinner hors d'oeuvres included various cold salads, sandwiches, and a different nightly warm item (e.g. egg rolls, stuffed mushrooms, pizza) and appetizer (e.g. gazpacho, seafood bisque, shrimp cocktail). The sushi on Sunday night was our favorite. The tasty dessert selections of cookies and pastries are offered during dinner and after 7 pm. It was nice to pop upstairs during the day to take advantage of the free soda, water, coffee, and tea.
The rooms at the Hyatt are well-appointed and our family of four never felt cramped. The beds were very comfortable, and even though the room next to us was occupied, we never heard any sound coming from it. The lack of a full balcony wasn't an issue, as we've never been a family that spends a lot of our vacation hanging out on balconies, especially when one of the world's nicest beaches is just an elevator ride away. Housekeeping was efficient, starting early and ending late, and the room was always immaculate upon our return, and our request for extra towels and toiletries was always honored.
Everything about this resort shines, from the well-maintained facilities to the meticulous landscaping, and the friendly service by the pool and at the beach enhances the gorgeous setting. Yes, I was one of those people who was lined up at the hut by 6:30 am to reserve a palapa, but those who want to sleep in can rest assured that there are plenty of chaises available later by the pool and on the beach (high season may be a different story, though). If you want shaded space on the beach, there is plenty available under a large hut, that can accommodate 20+ people, but if you don't need shade, they will set you up right by the water or wherever you want. Wherever you are, you are just a few steps from the ocean, bar, and smoothie station. Attendants are always coming by taking drink and food orders. Complimentary floats are distributed beginning at 9 am. Although there were a couple of times in the morning when none were available, we generally only had to wait until lunchtime to get one, and you can always rent one for the day for $5 from a nearby vendor. My kids went tubing, and had a blast. Every water sport is offered on the beach, and the prices are very reasonable.
The lush pool area is well-designed, and never felt crowded. There are black swans, various exotic birds, and friendly lizards (mostly small, though a few are quite big, but still harmless). The water slide was a lot of fun, we ate at the swim-up bar, and people can play volleyball in one of the pools. There is a daily poolside bingo game at lunchtime, but the overall vibe at the pools is relaxing and quiet - with no thumping music like you'll find in Las Vegas.
My family enjoyed the free entertainment by the lobby bar one night, relaxing to good music under the stars and torchlights. The casino opens at 10 am for slots and the table games open at 1 pm. There was only a $10 minimum blackjack table in the afternoons and it was usually empty, but, curiously, I found two $5 tables at night (most casinos have lower table limits during the day and higher limits at night). My son and I played tennis several times, taking advantage of the hotel's two lighted hotel courts. The Hyatt even provides complimentary rackets and tennis balls. We appreciated that each court has a water fountain with refrigerated cold water. The wind was not a factor, either on the court or on the beach. Some people complain about the trade winds, but I found them refreshing, and I didn't get sand in my eye once (and I wear contacts) during our stay. My family used the well-equipped fitness center everyday (okay, the view - of the kids playground - could be better, but I'm not going to count that as a negative). There was a good variety and number of machines. Even though there was a 30 minute limit for the treadmills, there was never anyone waiting to use a machine, so I was always able to get in an hour run. There is a very nice spa, but we did not use it this trip.
We did not rent a car (the cab ride from the airport is only $27), as there are dozens of restaurants and stores within a few minutes walk of the hotel, and good choices on-site.
Even though there were many families with young children, they were all well-behaved. This is one of those nice resorts that honeymooners and couples, as well as families with children, can share and enjoy equally.
There is so much to like about Aruba - it's a safe, clean island with gorgeous beaches, calm clear water, friendly people, good restaurants, no mosquitoes, and comes with the nice added bonus of guaranteed good weather (we only had 30 minutes of rain during our stay). And the Hyatt sets the standard on the island. This one of the world's premier beach resorts. We loved every minute of our stay here, and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I would recommend springing for at least a partial ocean view. And I think the Regency Club is an e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Warm Regards,

New Haven, Ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been here every year for the 3 years!!!!! Its awesome, but, here is the deal.........The Hyatt is the nicest resort on the island, buy the most expensive!! When you get here, be prepared to pay $7.50 for an 8oz. cup of local beer. Not including a tip of course. The average breakfast for 2 is around $50. That's just to give you a base line. If you are rich and don't care, go for it.....If not read on.......I don't eat or drink here.....You regular folks, like me just need to use your head and explore the area a little. There are other great, much cheaper, choices out there to dine and drink etc..... For openers, I like my cocktails.....At the airport coming into Aruba, there is a Duty Free shop near the baggage carousel. I usually buy a bottle or two of my favorite booze, very cheap
there. I will keep that in my room, to sip on before we go out to dinner. While the wife's getting ready. Otherwise the surrounding hotels offer a nice happy hour, only for a few hours though, line 4pm to 6pm. They are nice places to go and be social. I like the Pelican Peir
near the Holiday Inn. It's right on the beach and the
Bartenders, Johnathon and Jose are funny guys!!!!!! As for
food, we usually go to Dushi Bagels for Breakfast take out or eat in. Ten $$ for your basic Bacon and Eggs breakfast. They also do a great burger for lunch. There also a subway and McDonalds near by. Dinner on the other hand.......Is where your gonna have to pay a little more no matter where you go. There are great choices all over the island. Just about everywhere popular serves a good meal. As for the beach. You need to get down to the Cabana to reserve your hut by 630-700am during spring and summer months. The Cabana opens at 630am. During the winter, high season, you'll need to get down there at 5am-530am. They go quick. No charge for these, towels, or chairs. There is a small section, where you can reserve them a head of time. That's $35 a day. I have been all over the Caribbean. Really!!! Aruba is by far the overall best. The other island do have their little nitch. But in Aruba you don't get that in easy feeling you get in those other countries. There is no place off limits in Aruba. You are pretty much safe wherever you go. I also recommend at least one or two excursions, while your here. Like snorkel, Jeep ride, quad tour, boat rides, etc...... There is plenty if time for sun. I hope this helps. I'm not cheap......I just can't see throwing $ away or being taken advantage of. When you come and stay 7 days or so......You could spend thousands, if you don't watch it. See you there.

Spotswood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I (seniors) just returned from a weeks stay at the Hyatt. Over all it was an enjoyable stay. The weather as usual was perfect except for the wind, which we learned May through September is Aruba's windy months. There wasn't any reason to rise at 5:30 for a hut as this is not their busy season. The hotel was 40% full. I did reserve the palapa on the weekend as the beaches are public beaches, so the public can use them, I require the shade (sun poisoning). There were palapas available, not right next to the water, sooo, if you want a palapa next to the water then do reserve one. The hotel and grounds are very well maintained.

We did have the breakfast buffet included ($51 for 2) The last time we were in Aruba we had breakfast at Le Petite $20 for 2 which is in La Playa, referred Le Petite to a Young couple I met as the $51 per couple was a bit much for them for breakfast.

The Happy Hour leaves a bit to be desired. Bud Light was $6.15 a can, while the local beer Balashi was $6.25. Reason. Bud Light was only 12 oz while a glass of Balashi was 14 oz. The frozen cocktails were 2 for 1, beer not included in Happy Hour. What kind of Happy Hour is that? Well, Sunday beer was included in Happy Hour 2 for 1, Monday beer was included in Happy Hour @ $4 per beer. ??? Am I missing something?? My husband brought a fold up 6 pack cooler, went to the liquor store across the street in the shopping center and got 4 Bud light 14 oz cans for $10, which he brought to the beach.

If you are a gambler Aruba is not for you. As for playing in the casino we had player cards from our previous trip which we used. The last night of our stay we went to the casino host and informed her we would be checking out the next day. She swiped our cards and told us we had $60 combined. We felt $60 was better than no $. The next morning when I checked out the $60 had been applied to our account and we had a -$7.50 bill. Lo and behold I received an email from my credit card company advising the hotel had applied the $7.50 credit to my charge card. Thank you!! I will say the casino was better on our last stay. Guess it depends on the guests that are staying there.

The casino is open during the day with 1 BJ table and maybe 1 or 2 people playing. The action didn't start until 9:00 pm when they opened more tables. If you are a bingo player go to the Westin casino you can play there every afternoon. 1 BJ table open, 1 Three Card Poker, 1 Texas Hold'Em, 1 Roulette table. The Occidental does have 1 BJ table Jokers wild. The Hyatt is the only casino with one Let It Ride, 6 BJ, one Texas Hold'Em, one 3 Card Poker and four Roulette tables. The 3 Card Poker table was closed due to a water leak.

For those who wish to attend a catholic mass La Playa right next door to the Hyatt, has a Sat. 4:00 pm mass. It is located in the Royal Palapa across from the La Playa parking garage.

I do like having a balcony that I could sit on in the evening after leaving the casino to just sit, relax, wind down and have a night cap.

I do have 2 suggestions for the Hyatt: There should be a vertical safety bar at the back of the very high tubs to assist in getting in and out of the tub, (seniors).

When checking in the guests should be given the palapa rules. When there are lounges with towels on them that palapa is being used. Many new people come in thinking, "Oh, this is great, look, there are lounges with towels on them already set up." Not so, those palapas are in use. I did advise a family so they would not be embarrassed as they were not aware of this.

The hotel does have customs forms which you can fill out at your convenience at the hotel before arriving at the airport. Of course, no one tells you this, I asked the concierge and was told indeed they do have customs forms and was given one.

As for the sandwiches that are offered at the Shoco Market ($15.95) we got a turkey sandwich which was very good at the airport for $6.00 which did include the garnishes, no banana, chips or Hyatt Aruba bag..

As to Lillian's review, some of us have better experiences than others. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I returned to the Hyatt to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It had probably been 10 years since our last visit. It’s still the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen. The open-air lobby was just as breathtaking as I remember, and the landscaping is stunning. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a glass of champagne as we waited until the family in front of us was checked in. We had booked our stay through Expedia and had requested a partial ocean/island view. Check in was fast and friendly and I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that wi-fi is now free. After reading numerous recent reviews about having to pay for wi-fi and only being able to receive it on one electronic device, this was great news!
We arrived in our room to find pretty much what I expected as far as view. If you looked to the left you could see the water and looking straight out, Playa Linda, the hotel next door. The room itself is not large but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the shower had one of those rain heads, which was pretty cool. I also liked the large vanity and drawer just underneath where you could keep “stuff”. The bed was really comfortable and there was a large variety of pillows. The room was exceptionally clean. Housekeeping does a great job. (Although two days in a row we returned after 2pm to find our room still hadn’t been cleaned. Other days, they came earlier so there didn’t seem to be any set schedule). There is a safe in the closet and plenty of hangers. Some people have mentioned the noisy halls and this is true. You can hear people coming up and down the halls, but my white noise app on my phone was enough to drown that out. The elevators were really fast and you have to use your key to access any floor. I really like that added security.
After unpacking that first day, we left to grab lunch and when we returned there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, with a note from the manager, offering congratulations on our anniversary. (I had mentioned when confirming our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary). Very nice.
We enjoyed the beach every day. Although, the water was not especially clear. I think because of so much water sports and boats coming in out of the pier. Thanks to previous reviews on Trip Advisor, I knew to reserve a palapa in advance. The cost is $35 per day. Email audey.bronstein@hyatt.com to reserve. We received one at the very front, closest to the water…probably because I had reserved months in advance. I never saw them all completely taken, but I guess it depends on how heavily booked they are at any given time. Each palapa includes two lounge chairs under the palapa and two in the sun facing your palapa. Also, they provided two beach towels per chair. There was food and drink service on the beach, which was nice. We enjoyed the nachos so much we had them twice during our stay, and the fish tacos were delicious! We also enjoyed the juice bar where they made frozen juice drinks. It’s conveniently located between the pool and the beach. We did not use the pool so I can’t comment on that except to say that it sounded like people were having fun there. They had bingo by the pool and I saw drink service being offered there as well. There was also a large waterslide, which I’m sure kids would love.
I really enjoyed the casino. Mostly because I have never had such good luck with slots! ☺ I never had to wait long after sitting down to be offered a drink. They had a different band playing (above the bar) every night. They weren’t as good as the musicians that were featured just outside every night. But it was still fun having them there.
One night, we booked the sunset sail, which leaves right from the Hyatt pier. It was a typical sunset sail with open bar and appetizers. The appetizers were really nothing special. They came around three times with trays of different things, so although it was "all you can drink"...it was not "all you can eat"! ;-) The crew was friendly though and we enjoyed the sail.
We ordered room service our first night, as we were too tired to go out. The coconut shrimp appetizer and the salmon were both delicious! We also ate at the breakfast buffet twice. Nothing special and at $25 pp we didn’t want to do that everyday! (Although you couldn’t beat the ambiance, with beautiful Koi and black geese swimming past in the pond that encircles the restaurant!) Two mornings we walked down toward Playa Linda and got breakfast sandwiches and coffee at the Dunkin Donuts. One morning we split a breakfast sandwich from the little café at the Hyatt (located on the 2nd floor near the shops). We also had lunch sandwiches from there on a few occasions and enjoyed those. Service was friendly at all of the Hyatt restaurants we visited. But there are so many great restaurants located within walking distance, you don’t necessarily want to limit yourself to the ones at the Hyatt.
They have a business center located down on the first floor where you can print out boarding passes for free. Also, located next to the business center is the workout room, which my husband used and said it included everything he wanted in the way of equipment.
The only negative comment I have is that on our last morning there, we returned to our room after breakfast to hear banging and drilling going on. It sounded like it was coming from all sides, although I'm sure it wasnt. This was at 10am. I imagine this would be a problem for late sleepers or anyone who spends much time in their room (although who would want to do that in Aruba?) Undoubtedly, in order to maintain the high standards they’ve set, continual renovations must go on, so my suggestion is that when you book, or check-in, ask for a room far away from any room renovations. We ended up deciding to leave for the airport a little earlier than planned. Although I guess we could have just sat in the beautiful lobby!
I would definitely stay here again if I return to Aruba. Having stayed at the Aruba Radisson once before, and Hyatt two times now…Hyatt definitely has my vote!

Dear Guset,

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

June 8-June 15
I'm finding it harder and harder to rely on reviews from trip advisor. My problem is that you get these people writing reviews who think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter and if its not, then they have bad things to say.

This was my second time to Aruba and my husbands 1st (it was our honeymoon) when we arrived we were greeted with champagne and water and dealt with farizah who was very friendly, nice and gave us the low down. We wanted to use the perks of having our Amex card (free room upgrade and late checkout) but we were told you had to book through a certain third party to get these perks. She honored them anyway, which was great.

We got to our room and it was very nice, comfy and clean. Yes, there are no balconies but who cares? You're not there to sit on the balcony. Didn't bother us at all.

We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning (because it was included in our package) if it is not included in your package it's 50.00 for two. It's vey good, orange juice, coffee, turtles, swans, fish and a great view are all included.
We ate at the other spots on the resort as well. Footprints grill, was good, you can watch the sunset toes in the sand and have a decent meal. We ate at all the bars for lunch, all delicious. I have to say the only disappointment food wise was Mexicado. I would not recommend eating here, it is expensive which is fine IF the food were worth it. It just isn't. Spend your money else where. The drinks made on the resort are amazing!!!!
The grounds are the best on the island hands down! I usually hate going in pools when there is a beach available but the pools are very nice and quiet and best of all clean. There's even a big slide which I think I used more then any kids did.
This is a kid/family friendly resort, which I like... But it's not like there are a million screaming kids around.
I don't think I have ever been anywhere where the staff is so nice, friendly and helpful. Always greeting us with a hello and a smile no matter where we went!
The beach and water are beautiful of course.

I seriously don't know who's writing all these reviews about "the terrible problem with the huts" the ONLY reason you need to be up and in line at 6 am is if you want one of the huts closest to the Water. They are ALL on the beach and there are plenty of them. We never went down before 8 or 9 and got lovely huts on the beach, and there was still always some left all day long!!! So yes if you want one 5 feet In front of where we were then get up at 5:30 am. That's your choice but not something to complain about. Also, you can reserve huts of 35 a day which we did one day because yes we wanted one closest to the water and didn't want to get up early.

Next I don't know who is writing these reviews about $35.00 a week per device (unless they JUST changed this) but the wifi in the rooms, anywhere on the resort AND on the beach was FREE as long as we were there and for as long as we wanted. It was great and a nice treat because yes most places you have to pay.

And lastly I'm not sure why anyone going to a Hyatt resort would complain about its prices; food, huts, Internet. Your staying at the hyatt if you can't afford the prices you shouldn't stay there. That's my opinion.

We rented a car from the hotel (a hard top jeep) and drove the entire island in one day stopping at all the main sites. Off roading, the caves, the ruins, natural bridge, baby beach (a must and bring snorkel gear) you can do this in a tour (which i did on my first visit) but it will cost you 100 each. I recommend renting a car and doing it yourself on your own time. The island is so tiny that you cant really get lost and if you do it's only for a couple mins and you're back on track. It's fun to navigate yourself and people are so friendly, you do not need to be scared of getting lost or needing help.

2 restaurants not on resort I want to highly recommend are casa tua (across the street) and yemanji. They are excellent!

We had a fabulous time at the Hyatt and will definitely go back if and when we go back to aruba. The first time I went to Aruba I stayed at the Holiday inn which is all inclusive, this was my first time in the Caribbean on a resort that was NOT all inclusive and I don't think I'll ever go back. There are far too many people on those resorts/beaches. I wouldn't go anywhere else but the Hyatt from here on in.

The only thing that happened that was not a big deal at all and we never mentioned it to anyone at the Hyatt but ill mention it here is that because we were on a honeymoon we were supposed to get the "honeymoon gift" and it never came, we really didn't care and like I said never brought it up to them.

Oh! The juice bar =amazing! Fresh fruit and veggies juices you can watch them make right on the beach! Amazing!
Also, they have the coco market that serves Starbucks! Amazing !

• Stayed June 2013
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Hyatt Aruba Team

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!