“Do not stay here.” 3 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
“Do not stay here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

1. Charge for wifi 2. Concierge service was not helpful or knowledgable 3. Food was average at best for above average cost 4. My sunset suit was bland- certainly not worth the expense

On a positive note- the landscaping was beautiful and the talking cockatoo was a nice touch. He'd whistle at you to get your attention then say a few random things to keep you interested.

• Stayed May 2013
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback as they help us to improve. Should your travel plans include Aruba again in the future, we hope you would consider our resort once again and give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Hyatt Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Passaic, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I spent 6 nights at the Hyatt in July and had a great time there. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The resort is beautiful and very clean. We splurged and reserved an ocean front room which had a full balcony and a beautiful view of the ocean. Breakfast was included in the package we booked and it was very good. Everything was fresh and delicious. We only ate dinner one night at the hotel at the Mexican restaurant and the food was excellent. The only down side to the resort was the beach. If you want to get close to the water you have to get up at 6 am to get a spot under a hut. There are a lot of really inconsiderate people who grab spots oceanfront and then stay by the pool all day and the resort doesn't do anything about it. We were out late every night and I was not getting up at 6am. The casino was clean and both my wife and I had some luck at the slots. The servers in the casino were really nice and very quick. There was always someone around to take drink orders. We would definitely come back to the Hyatt.

Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

When we started to plan our 3rd trip to Aruba, the first place we looked at was the Hyatt. This was our 2nd time staying here and it was great as usual. The grounds and pool are beautiful and the beach amazing. My husband and I also enjoyed the waterslide and swim up bar. I'm not sure why people complain about the palapas as we never had an issue getting one when we needed it and without reserving. Most days we had something planned in the morning so by the time we returned in the afternoon there was always palappas available. We reserved a pool/ocean view room and yes you don't have a full balcony but who spends that much time in the room anyway? The room was clean and housekeeping wonderful. The beach area is excellent and the location is perfect. You are within walking distance to many great restaraunts and bars. The Hyatt also has my favorite casino on Palm beach, even if we didn't have great luck this time, lol. We will definitely return to the Hyatt for our future trips to Aruba. Great property with a great staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are going to Aruba, I highly recommend staying at the Hyatt. We have made 2 trips to Aruba in the last 3 years and stayed at the Hyatt each time. The grounds are gorgeous, the restaurants are fabulous, and the staff could not be friendlier or more accomodating. I have no complaints whatsoever. The pool and swim-up bar are perfect and the beaches are crowded but fun. I would highly recommend this resort!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Aruba Team
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my 8th time to aruba and my first and last time at the Hyatt..We checked in with no issues until we got to our room..There was a constant ringing noise, I didn't think much of it because I wanted to get to the ocean...When we got back that night, we still heard the noise...The following morning I went to the front desk, and was told it was the fire alarm? not to worry, it would be fixed...Onto that night, same noise, went back to the front desk and was told, you will have to "deal with it" we are at full occupancy, there is nothing we can do about it...I find it very hard to believe they were at full occupancy when the beach and pool where not full, but whatever...I emailed the Hyatt Hotel when we got back, to complain yet again and was told thank you, we will pass on to maintenance...No, apology nothing, do yourself a favor, stay at the Raddisson, nice beach,nice spa, and respectful staff..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at our Resort. I sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. I will be contacting you directly to address the noted concerns.

Resort Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

After going bonkers looking for the best hotel to call home during our 7 day trip to Aruba, my husband and I ultimately decided on the Hyatt. We've now been home for 5 days and are still thinking about this beautiful resort. The moment you drive up, you're greeted by the meticulously manicured grounds and then by the breathtaking lobby that offers fantastic views of the tropical landscape (with caged parrots and cockatoos), pools and the ocean. We arrived very late at night, but the staff was as alert and friendly as if it were 2 in the afternoon. We were upgraded to an pool/ocean view room, which I HIGHLY recommend. While the rooms only offer step out balconies versus patio style, there is still plenty of space to walk out and enjoy the view to snap some great pictures.

The beach access is extremely easy and, yes, for a private cabana you may need to wake at the crack of dawn. However, there is a gigantic cabana that offers plenty of space for several chairs and you can easily get that at any time of day (at least this was the case in month of May when we visited). Since my husband and I prefer to sleep in later than usual on beach vacations, this was perfect for us. We just went to the towel booth each day and requested lounge chairs under the large cabana. The friendly staff would grab our towels and set everything up for us. I really think this is a great alternative if you are not able to secure a private cabana.

We also thoroughly enjoyed the hotel spa (ZoiA), restaurant/bar options, pool with swim up bar, and even the casino. The location is absolutely perfect with several dining and nightlife venues within walking distance if you feel like venturing off the property.

If you are looking for a relaxing getaway in Aruba without the fuss, you should definitely stay here!

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We are staying at the Hyatt now. Let me tell you about our stay so far - it was a short and pleasant ride from the airport. Then we got here. The front desk could not find our reservation. And they didn't seem to really care. We showed the gentleman our email confirmation and he finally found it (this is after easily 15 minutes into looking for it mind you). We asked about an upgrade and he said yes we had indicated a wait list option on our reservation. He said he could not upgrade us to a suite since we didnt indicate that beforehand and only to the ocean front for an addtl $100 a night. We asked about wifi and was told that was an addtl $35 a week for each device. My husband asked if he could do anything better for us on either front and he said point blank, "no". I asked why he wasn't more accommodating and my husband even told him that we were looking at both Hyatt and Marriott before booking the Hyatt and that we may just go to the Marriott afterall. The front desk clerk replied, "That's your choice." I was blown away as we travel a lot to the Caribbean and have never been treated like this. Insult to injury - the champagne we were given had dirt in it. We didn't say anything at this point, just quietly tossed it out.

Anyway onto the room. It's nice. Standard for a Hyatt. No bath (boo), but still nice and clean. We waited for our bags to be delivered and after 20 minutes with no bags, we went to get something to eat at the hotel restaurant. We ordered a hamburger and fajitas. Burger and fajitas were good, but the fries were ice cold. They took them back to the kitchen and brought the same ones back after recooking them! They reeked of grease and were awful!

And I hate to write more but we then went to the Red Sails Sports desk at the hotel to book our diving for the week and I have to say that they were not much more accommodating than the front desk clerk. The lady said that we had to book all the diving for the week right then if we wanted to take advantage of the discount for multiple dives! We explained to her that we just got in (and they closed in 10 minutes) but it didn't matter. It was book them all right then or pay full price (even though we would be doing 8 dives each).

Last, I go to Shoco Cafe to take advantage of the free wifi and the manager Mayra (at Shoco) and Jeannie come outside and asked if they could speak with me. I thought, "Oh no more bad news" but actually they were very apologetic for the restaurant screw up, gave me a bottle of water and said they would take care of us tonight if we wanted to come back. Finally! A silver lining! So back to the room I go. I do hope that this stay gets better as we are here all week but I wanted to get a review out right away.

-Linn O'Connor

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. I will be contacting you to address the noted concerns.

Resort Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!