Just got back from a 5 night carnaval stay at the Hyatt. We decided to stay here because unlike the Marriott or Playa Linda, the usual hotels we visit in Aruba the Hyatt would truly have the five star feel, however we were wrong. For the price this is what you'd expect acompanied by excelent service but thats far from what you get. The property itself presents no major flaws, the lobby is very nice and the rooms and grounds arent bad either but nothing awe inspiring. The most disappointing point was that you couldnt see the water from your bed which is something you get in other hotels.
We tried the restaurant the first night and the only positive coments I have would be about the setting, the food was terrible, the second night we ended up dining in neighboring Playa Linda's Azzurro restaurant which is pretty good and has stunning sunset views. Thankfully the hotel's well located and has Texas de Brazil, Tony Romas, and a highly recommendable asian place whos name I dont recall (but it's right next to the Hard Rock Cafe) close by.
The hotel is not the most kid friendly, we traveled with a 9 and 6 year old as well as with my 11 and 5 year old nephews they ended up playing with some friend's kids who were staying at the Westin because they felt out of place at the Hyatt's pools. When we decided to try the casino my parents had to stay with them, they didnt miss out on much seeing as its not even that large and actually resulted pretty boring; I'd say that you could see more people in the lobby than there. We requested three neighboring rooms but ended up placed on completly separate floors under the excuse that it was a high season however, the hotel did not seem to be at capacity.
Overall it's a nice looking and well located property but thats about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba