This is our third visit to Aruba in 8 years and we very much wanted to stay at the Hyatt Aruba on this visit. Upon our arrival, we were told that our room was not ready and that we should come back in an hour. We decided to have lunch at The Palms Restaurant, where we found it to be extremely crowded and the waitstaff overworked and overwhelmed. The food was so so but we noticed a huge crowd, all wearing similar clothing. When we went to finally check in, we inquired about this group and asked if there was a convention at the hotel. We were told yes and that the hotel was primarily booked for this convention. That was an understatement - these people were everywhere!!!!
In less than 24 hours of our arrival, we noticed more and more of this group, all with families and all loud and not concerned that there were other guests at the hotel besides them. No one on property was asking people to watch their kids and we noticed other non-convention participants becoming as frustrated as we were.
I approached a manager and asked if the convention would be here all week and she expressed her frustration and offered to change our room, however, the room was not the issue, the issue was that the hotel was being overrun by this group. We asked if there would be a penalty if we checked out early and we were told no, so we did indeed check out after one night and rebooked at a nearby hotel. Other hotel guests seemed to be doing the same, while others simply complained to management and shared their dissatisfaction.
We have friends who LOVE this property but unfortunately, our experience was not a good one. Perhaps without a large convention taking place, the Hyatt would have served us well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba