Beautiful property, clean rooms and the nicest staff. The location could be the best on the strip.
However, there were several shortcomings. The worst one was the failure of the air conditioning system during the middle of the night for most of that night. The management acknowledged that there had been a major problem. Upon complaining, the gave me a $100 credit. The next night, it again felt as though the A/C went off for a short period of time around 4am. The front desk denied any problem so I let it be. That afternoon, I was chatting with another guest and mentioned the problem of the most recent night and he too said that he thought something happened again but not as significant. Then again the next time, there was again a problem for a short time in the middle of the night. It doesn't take long for a room to heat up in the tropics when the A/C is off, even in the middle of the night.
Another problem with the rooms is the LACK OF LIGHT. They have pathetic light bulbs next to the bed and across from the bed. If you need light near the entrance of the room, you have to open the closet so that the good light in there will let you see the mirror on the opposite wall. The bathroom, spacious, could also have had better lighting.
You're really not supposed to stay in your room. As noted, the balconies are useless as are the sitting chairs that always seem to be in the way no matter where you move them. There is no desk. There is a table attached to the dresser that is too high to use while sitting in the chairs.
The newish flat screen seemed a little small for the room in this age of oversize TV's.
We ate breakfast in the Palms one morning. We were promptly seated outdoors (where we requested), offered coffee and juice that was brought to our table...and then nothing. We saw people coming from inside carrying food. Oh....a buffet. We tried much of the mediocre offerings and then later saw that others were given an a la carte menu. The buffet was $22pp plus tax and service charge. A high price that good have been justified if the food was good..but it wasn't good. We returned the other days to Salt and Pepper across the street and Delifrance a couple of miles away for good meals for about $10pp. My best food was the hamburger and fries that was "reasonably priced" at $14.
The little market supposedly had free Wifi, the only place on the property with free Wifi, but I could not get it to connect. Instead, I used the free Wifi at some of the local restaurants during my meal. I didn't want to pay the extra of $7.50 per day or $35 per week PER DEVICE for my few mins of access per day.
In summary, it's a very good hotel in an excellent location but not worth the premium price. Two years ago I stayed at the Westin that had slightly larger rooms with real balconies and free Wifi. The property was getting a little dated but a better value for the money than the Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba